Alton Family Coaster

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
nemefan08

With spinball reaching 10 this year is it time for a new family coaster? I say yes, a Mack launched family coaster like manta at seaworld San Diego in kc would be my vote. Share your opinions here.
JustWill

Is there anything stopping SW8 being family friendly? ;)
Danny

I love the look of Manta at San Diego, and think a ride similar would be great at Alton. It only cost $10 million, which is the equivalent to £6.03 million.

They should have an intamin family launched, including some sort of water section to goon The Flumes site
nemefan08

As for sw8 bringing family friendly we have no plans so we can't say whether it will be family or not.
Last edited by nemefan08 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
nemefan08

Perfect, could hug the ground and twist round the flumes site, small overbanks and 2-3 launches. Would fit perfect as (correct me if I'm wrong) there's nothing like it in the UK.
Luviico

We could well get a family coaster next. We had the smiler which caters for the thrill seekers and now we've got Cbeebies land which caters for the youngsters so something aimed at older children/families could be what AT is crying out for as there aren't many attractions at the park which does actually cater the whole family. Spinball is mentioned as being on its last legs at the park in the long term development plan so a replacement here could fit in nicely.
Alton13Nemesis

We need the next "TH13TEEN" i think :)
jamesc

Alton13Nemesis wrote:We need the next "TH13TEEN" i think :)
Fourteen, here we come... :lol
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
thi3teenloverboy14

A new family coaster would be great on the flumes site but sonic will probably stay for another 10 years just look at nemesis and oblivion there running fine and so is sonic
nemefan08

Yes but another family investment may be on the horizon and sonic is set to be removed in the development plan.
lucozade

Sonic is due to be moved, not removed. As in leaving the park. It will be relocated & maybe rethemed.

With John no longer at the design table for SW8, I think the next SW will be an (epic) family ride, but NOT a rollercoaster, or a flat, but a new wet ride, quite possibly replacing the log flume. Removing the fake man made lake, putting in a new K Canyon entrance to an AWESOME ride like Chiapas, which would achieve what smiler failed to... HUGE appeal across all age groups and more £ through the gates.