RollerCoaster Tycoon World

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Jack

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/roll ... on-blog-9/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think I may just have to forgive RCTW for the past trailers and teasers....
Danny

I like the car, but it's not on B&M track! :yikes:
Hopefully they get the track as accurate as the cars and this will be awesome :)
Nathan_Fisher

Jack wrote:http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/roll ... on-blog-9/

I think I may just have to forgive RCTW for the past trailers and teasers....
The company behind RCTW stated that the previous trailer was only a basic and introductory sample of what the game will be like and they also said that they still had a long way to go in the development stages. I'm looking forward to the finished product, i wouldn't judge the game by its previous trailer.
Tom

Still reserving judgement, it isn't exactly difficult to create a 3D render that looks something like that. When we actually see something like that as part of in game footage I will reconsider my previous thoughts. :P
stealthsmiler

If that is how the coaster train looks ingame then I will be happy. Also noticed it said path upgrades which new possibilites that couldnt be done in RCT 123. Hopefully this means curves, diagonals and split paths eg front row, SRQ, Fastrack queue or even a divide like Oblivions at the end. The divide would be really good for racing and duelling coasters. Everytime I build them there is two queues which sees one attract all the riders whilst the other gets very few. Due to how close the stations are I'd prefer one queue the splits near the end.
Adam.W

I can see them adding fastrack as it would get peeps spending money on other things, and may pay to skip the long queues that we've all seen peeps complaining about. I hope they overhaul the track placing system as the old track was a bit jagged and not smooth in some elements, and so we can bank more and adjust the angle of the lift hills etc.
sw7nutter

The coaster design works the same as it does in no limits. Just a little less advanced.
Adam.W

sw7nutter wrote:The coaster design works the same as it does in no limits. Just a little less advanced.
Woo :D

I'm honestly hoping that stuff is more realistic, I'd like proper environments rather than an empty field and actual buildings and shops, so an indoor gift shop, restaurants, etc.
Nathan_Fisher

sum1mad wrote:I can see them adding fastrack as it would get peeps spending money on other things, and may pay to skip the long queues that we've all seen peeps complaining about. I hope they overhaul the track placing system as the old track was a bit jagged and not smooth in some elements, and so we can bank more and adjust the angle of the lift hills etc.
I believe they said in one of their blogs that they want to make the game as realistic as possible and exactly like a modern day theme park opperates. Adding fastrack into the game would be a great idea along with actual buildings, shops and restaurants. I'm hoping for something 100x better than RCT3
stealthsmiler

TBH as long as the graphics are good and the peeps move around the park properly I would be happy. It really bugs me that no matter how good a coaster is, if it is too far from the entrance it will barely get ten riders a day whilst the merry go round at the front cant get a queue big enough.

Oh and to have more realistic numbers eg 10,000 peeps in the park as opposed to 2000. When I create mega parks, the 2000 peeps are spread out too much due to the number or rides when I know that in real life, the park would attract a lot more visitors than that.
Adam.W

I'd also like to see single rider queues, and peeps come in families/groups and will want to sit together, utilising single riders in parties of 3 etc. I also want realistic ride opping, so maybe peeps pull down their own restraint, and staff check them. We also need actual track brakes which look half decent.
stealthsmiler

Looking at the released photo. I am happy with the graphics. Fingers crossed the rest is good
Senator

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/roll ... n-blog-11/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So? What do people think? I personally love it!
Jack

I'm reserving my judgement now. I'm no longer sure what we can and cannot expect from this game due to the amount of changes in development and all. I am really hoping that it turns out to be an amazing game, but I keep thinking about the older screenshots from in the game as well as other theme park games produced by Atari such as Thrillville that all but failed at being a good game, let alone one that theme park enthusiasts will play. :)
JaykeAT

Is this only going to be available via steam? or will it be available on disc as per the other RCT games?
Adam.W

Tyron experience with other games, it will probably be both on steam and on disk, however, the disk version will probably run via steam, so you'd download and install from disk, and upon launch you will require to sign in on steam, then it will launch.
Danny

Latest blog post is up, and it's AMAZING! Curved paths, realistic stations, better looking track, dispatch bays, op cabins, it's all too much to take in!!
Okay so there is still a token booth, but I can ignore that with the amazing scenery alone!
Check it out here: http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/roll ... n-blog-12/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stealthsmiler

Wow it looks great!

This has confirmed so much has been added, curved paths, better stations and the coaster looks so much smother. The graphics are vastly improved since the trailer.

Definielty looking forward to the release of this game! I also hope the continue to do offical updates eg when new coasters are released etc. They could also do something similar to the Sims store to release scenery packs as well as expansions. I hope we get a waterpark, zoo and hotel expansion to be able to create full resorts.
Adam.W

Hope the token booth is optional :-s
Other than that, it's just extraordinary, the graphics are amazing, track amazing, station amazing, curves paths... My dream of a theme park game (apart from token booth ;))

Also, do I see fastrack? To the right of the loading bay/gates? Or is it the exit
stealthsmiler

Thats an exit. There is a few flaws. The train appears to be B&M style with the wrong track however it is at a fair distance and the games not finished.

The track in the station is also too high and the paths seem to be a bit too raised.

Regarding the ticket booth, I dont think it is optional, however I do hope its changable. If so, CS will fix that hopefully.