RollerCoaster Tycoon World

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Alex

IGN have announced that a new game is to be produced which is due to be released in 2015 and it will be called Rollercoaster Tycoon World.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/r ... 15-release
Burniel

The coaster on the video looked promising until it went over the top, and I saw the state of the other rides around it and the general art of the game. God help us all
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Alex

The coaster on the trailer looks real rather than in game footage
Last edited by Alex on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jack

It looked so promising at first glance, BUT MOTHER OF GOD LOOK HOW UNREALISTIC THAT COASTER IS!!! :tears:
Ryan.B

That has to be the best coaster game I have ever seen is what I was thinking on the lift hill and as it went over the lift ](*,) we don't even know if that's a coaster yet, it's worse than the iPod game theme park. How can the graphics go like that from RCT3. Oh and Jack, you forgot to faceplant.
stealthsmiler

Is it actually ingame footage though? When you look on RCT covers the exaample park looks completely different - even with curved paths.
Jack

no they don't…well on the cover they do, but other than that, they are in game :)
stealthsmiler

I know that on the back it is ingame footage but this
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... er_art.png

is different. A lot of games when advertising don't use in game footage hence why I said is the video in game footage. If it isn't the graphics may be a lot different. Especially if it isn't coming till next year.
JammyBand

Im hopeful! Pipeworks Software (the company that are producing the game) seem to be listening to what everyone is saying on their facebook status's. And also they just announced that Chris Sawyer would be helping in the making of this game. Im sure that his involvement will be very low but it is good news! Here are some of the announcements of the upcoming game.

RollerCoaster Tycoon World will have all the features you would expect from previous titles and will be micro-transaction free.

"Many of the new features in RollerCoaster Tycoon World were not possible a few years ago, but we have taken advantage of technological improvements to offer a wildly fun gaming experience that stays true to the storied franchise," Atari CEO Fred Chesnais said in a press release.
He added, "Other players' parks can be visited, and coaster blueprints can be shared online as well –– Pipeworks wants to make RollerCoaster Tycoon World the most connected Tycoon title yet...."

and

RollerCoaster Tycoon World is a construction and management simulation video game, developed by Pipeworks Software and published by Atari, Inc.. It is the fourth major installment in the RollerCoaster Tycoon series and planned to be released in early 2015 for Microsoft Windows.

Players will be able to build rides, shops and roller coasters, while keeping an eye on things like budget, visitor happiness and technology research. The game will also feature multiplayer capabilities, a first for the series. The player will be able to visit other players' parks, and share your roller coaster blueprints with others so they are allow to build them in their own game. The new multiplayer mode will also allow four players to manage the same park online. Unlike RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile, the game won't include any micro-transactions.

Most of this is good news. The online feature is something that will be welcomed and although its not very important it will be a nice extra feature (just as long as it doesnt take away from the actual game in any way!) They did say "Players will be able to build rides, shops and roller coasters, while keeping an eye on things like budget, visitor happiness and technology research." which is great because these features are 100% necessary and its just good to know they won't be left out. Also, Atari have announced that it will be micro-transaction free (thank god!) and also mentioned it would be a 'full PC experience'.

Overall, I am actually pretty excited and hopeful for this game. Im leaving my full judgement for when the game is released of course, but there is enough good news to be positive! (Sorry about the long post by the way, got a bit carried away! XD)
Danny

Here's a review of someone who's had a quick look/ go of the game and some new official screenshots. For some reason they seem to be keeping the coasters secretive, I'm actually looking forward to this now :)

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/rolle ... -park.aspx
Jack

All I have seen in terms of coasters are Vekoma tracks, and that isn't a good thing…they had better be keeping some uber-realistic coasters behind this :lol
stealthsmiler

I just hope that the 'peeps' are more realistic in how they travel throughout the park. When ever I have built a large park in RCT3, a small tea cups will have a long-ish queue whilst a big thrilling coaster near the back will be lucky to get 10 riders an hour. Also I'd like the number of guests to be more accurate where you get 10,000 - 20,000 visitors in the park, depending on size etc. This could be done by making the play buy more land when they run out, and with the expansion another 5000 guests can enter the park. Also every ride's rating could determine how many people it draws in.
Burniel

I'd really like it if they added more to the queues, such as options to add different queues (fastrack/single rider/disabled etc), the option to custom fence your queue without CS and, most importantly, if guest numbers were accurate and if big thrill coasters actually had a chance to get an hour's queue (longest I ever got was 15 minutes).
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Morgan

I agree stealthsmiler and Dan.B. I'd like to see some peeps get to the station and chicken out- that'd be realistic (not as if I've ever done it...)
stealthsmiler

That would be a cool addition, I can honestly say I've never chickened out on a ride (thought about it whilst boarding, but never done it) but I know a heck of a lot of people that have.
My list of wants is -
- Being able to implement height restrictions would also be good. When I've made custom peeps on RCT3, Ive had a 5 year old looking peep riding a 400ft tall coaster. The coaster type could have a minimum for that coaster to act as the manufacturers guide line.
-And as I said I want rides that deserve it, to have 2 hour queues on busy days.
-I also want peak seasons where in August gate numbers increase.
-And then as expansions, I would like to see Soaked and Wild re made along with a hotel expansion, so that you can make resorts.
- As the game has online I want a gallery where you can import user made rides directly into your game, similar to whats been added to The Sims 4.
- I would also like real manufacturers with their style supports, track, trains etc.
- Lift hills to automatically add the catwalks - Or a click and drag option around the coaster when adding them.

basically just make the game a lot more realistic.
Danny

Wants:

Diagonal stations and more diagonal track options
ALL major manufacturers and their different ride types
Freefall drop coasters!!
Realistic peeps
Operators mode like NL2
Better graphics
Diagonal paths
Much wider range of theming options
Theming downloadable packs made by Atari themselves
The option of adding height restrictions
Creating blue prints and plans for rides before they are made

Plenty more that I'll add to over the next few weeks :)
stealthsmiler

To add to the list
-All thats been stated above (deffo, freefall drop coasters!)
- Being able to set a target market - families, 16-24 thrill seekers etc
- The ability to have different lengths days at different times of the year (eg at halloween)
- To be able to add and remove trains without closing the ride
- a queue to stay when a ride breaks down, but peeps will start to leave the longer it takes to fix
- The game to be updated by Atari with new coasters, flats and layouts
Danny

Omg, transfer and trick tracks like NL2, that would be awesome!
Morgan

Yes! RCT needs that!
scw55

I hope all the little details that are actually important for a roller coaster are implemented:

1) Realistic supports. I don't enjoy placing them. It's sort of like a meditation exercise, but I cannot escape how time consuming it feels to place custom supports. It's an education referring to existing coasters to see how it's done, but it is boring. I would be very happy if I didn't need to do this ever again.

2) Supports not necessarily get blocked out by objects placed below them. If you didn't care for realistic supports, you could get away with not placing any CS Supports. However, if you wish to coat the floor with plants or buildings, your default supports will vanish.

3) Catwalks. I don't mind placing these. But sometimes, the terrain is in a way it's quite a headache to do this.

I would also like intuitive terrain modelling tools. The RCT3 tools are good. But if you want to do mass-terrain it can be quite tedious. It's very time consuming to create a perfect mountain when really, it's not needed. There were also issues in RCT3 where you had weird interactions with paths if the floor wasn't "level" enough. You also sometimes have titles that didn't click together. The solution to these problems weren't exactly intuitive, and if you didn't know how to solve them, made the area look a bit weird.

Bring back the "tree scatter" option from RCT2. There are a lot of trees in the world. I appreciate the freedom to have complete control over where I place each individual tree. Sometimes, when I want to create a heavily wooded/forested area, I just want to cover the area with trees. A tool that scatters a random distribution of your chosen tree around a point would be great. Just to speed up doing the tedious things.

I would like it if the game game an incentive to place scenery. There is no reason to do so besides make things look pretty.

Allow Mod support to let the game keep evolving with the industry/periodically make content packs to keep the game up to date with the industry.