RollerCoaster Tycoon World

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
stealthsmiler

Oh and I would like to see cars and coaches spawn and then park in a car park you've built, or bus/trains deliver peeps to the park, just to add a bit more realism, although it isn't at the top of my wants list.

Realistic stations with gates would also be a bonus, and for the flats to not all look like they have been bought second hand from a travelling fairground! An option to have lights, or no lights would be great.
nemefan08

I would like some other cool details. Launch lights as a placeable object, realistic queues and no bugged rides, like the flying coaster from rct3. They will be more later.
stealthsmiler

I'd also like to see flat rides be more popular and for a better way of making dark rides.
scw55

I would like the behaviour of the guests to be more... fair?

It's rather annoying when playing a scenario and the only spot to build a coaster is on the other side of the park. No one turns up to it because "it's too far". You've sank £15k on a coaster that barely turns any profit. It was kinda annoying playing "coax guests further into your park" Tycoon.

I understand layout of a Theme Park is critical. I just assume human beings aren't that lazy and stupid.
-
Increased quality of feedback would be great. If you're having troubles, it would be nice if the game would be like "Pssst. This is happening. I think it might be because of this". Instead of you having to work out how the game is programmed.
stealthsmiler

Yeah, I really want that, it's like Alton Towers building a new coaster in Forbidden Valley and the general public deciding they cant be bothered to walk any further than Katanga Canyon, it's too unrealistic.
Capt.Barnacles

The sad thing is that used to be me ^ :lol
scw55

Dan Cotton wrote:The sad thing is that used to be me ^ :lol
Cable Car :D
Morgan

One thing I hate about RCT3 is that if you build a transportation with more than two stations, peeps will only exit at the station they got on at.

Grrr!
Capt.Barnacles

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... s-revealed

Atari have released some in-game screenshots, also revealing the addition of a 'park-pulse' mechanic which will relay how your park is doing and what the guests are thinking, and that roller coaster designs will be spline based like NoLimits as opposed to the previous method of selecting given track parts. It appears to still be limited to a grid based system with other things but it still looks miles better than RCT3!
inFusion

TTheory wrote:One thing I hate about RCT3 is that if you build a transportation with more than two stations, peeps will only exit at the station they got on at.

Grrr!
Makes sense - transportations are intended for backlot tours and things like that.
sw7nutter

I don't like the look of that S&S screaming swing. I can see myself wasting some money on this.
scw55

The co-op build might be great.
When using Minecraft I wished that the railtracks were more interesting. It made me wish for an online RCT game.
Morgan

Taken from RCT's site:
Innovative Track Builder First-Time 3D Builder!
Full Selection of Pre-Built Park Assets
Ride Your Coasters
Online and Single Player Modes
Run a Theme Park Corporation
Play with Friends
Visit Other Parks
Deformable Terrain
Steam Trading Cards
And Of Course, Full Park Management
And an interesting blog post:
http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/roll ... og-post-2/
Air15

The games graphic's look horrible and this image http://i.imgur.com/4nVuAz3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; makes me think about rct4 mobile game when you have to wait for a certain amount of time when a ride you have chosen is in construction, not happy really and might just stick to rct3.
Benb

Sigh - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzgAhPffWsM - it looks worse than RTC3. Hopefully just an early render of the game, but still, if I were the one selling this thing I'd think twice about letting such a bad video out into the brutal clutches of the internet world... It really is terrible.
stealthsmiler

That can't be it.. It's dreadful, especially after they show you the comparison of the coaster at the beginning and end. I've seen better graphics on a ps2.

If this is what it will look like then they would have been better off bringing out an expansion pack for rct3 with rides and coasters not previously seen in the game, eg 13 and an S&S screaming swing
scw55

My problem with the trailer is that it's noticeable how smooth the IRL coaster looks in comparison to the slightly jaggered in-game one.

I didn't notice the graphical quality the first time. It looks on par with RCT3 which... isn't terrible. Just, disappointing.
Adam.W

-Less teleportation, specifically on rollercoasters
-A need to test a rollercoaster at each day
-Breakdowns
-Power cut (?)
Katherine

Baring in mind, they claimed for this footage they showed us to be from a pre alpha stage. Which doesn't actually add up considering they claimed this game would be ready for release in January/February 2015.
Adam.W

In that case, it might be a bit rushed :(