RollerCoaster Tycoon World

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
JaykeAT

sum1mad wrote:TBF what would happen if a b&m winged coaster were to come into a turn that strong? The sides would fly off, derail or just take damage. I suppose it's better than the game allowing painfully unrealistic coasters into the park.
I think it's important to remember that this is a game, and as such it's very likely kids will buy it who want to build the tallest and fastest rides with the strongest possible G-Force. If you want massively realistic rides, you're better off with NL

EDIT also if anyone is interested, there is going to be a RCTW live-stream within the next hour here:
Sawboss

I'll admit I have made some not quite realistic coasters in RCT3..

Like a dive machine with an initial drop of a mile :P
Jack

I really wanted to be impressed by what was seen at PAX, but it seems not. I won't go on forever, but this just feels like Theme Park Studio the Second. It doesn't feel like it's an RCT game and although to the casual player this could be amazing, to someone who aims to build some realistic rides (I managed this quite a bit in RCT2 and 3) and realistic parks, this just isn't what I am looking for. I also noticed that as of now, the required specs are unusually high - this makes me worry about the fact this could impact on the playability of the game in the first place.

Oh well, it's not released yet and for all I know if could just be some awful demos of an amazing game, I will hold final judgement until release. :)
stealthsmiler

I kind of agree. There is something missing - and it doesn't feel like an RCT game. However I too am holding judgement and am not going to make the same mistake I made with Sims 4.

I am glad the square floors on flat rides have gone though. They really bugged me
Sawboss

Just noticed a gameplay demo posted by Theme Park Review from Pax

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Incase anyone missed it. Like I did :)
stealthsmiler

So Very has the game listed at £35 and there are some other places with similar prices. Also PC Gamer has said that the date for release will be 10th December

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nathan_Fisher

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/roll ... oon-world/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to the official RCTW website (link above) the release date is December 10th which can be seen in the right hand side of the page when you scroll down a little way. There is also a large red 'pre order' button. I'm glad there is finally a release date and they have gone into the preorder stage. However, i doubt i'll be pre ordering before i see more footage and pictures etc that the game has been fully made. Even the demo that they aired a few weeks ago showed a few bugs including lag on the flat rides and crab walking peeps.
Sawboss

I thought the video they showed a few weeks ago was alpha, if they arn't even in beta yet how can they release in under 3 months? This concerns me...
Owen

It is true RCTW will be released on December 10th and you can Pre-order it now! The game comes in both standard and deluxe with deluxe including 2 extra maps, digital art book, terrain texture add-ons, a gold park entrance and the classic panda mascot. By pre-ordering you will be added to the Beta program in the future. You can pre-order your copy here (American site) for £29.99 standard or £44.99 deluxe.
Liam.W

RCTW is being delayed till 2016!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Capt.Barnacles

We can only hope this is in light of the beta release and the poor feedback the developers have had. One of them (Silent0siris) livestreamed his own gameplay and was very responsive to feedback in the Twitch stream chat, so they are listening to people.
scw55

I hope so badly it'll be good. There is a sore need for a game that is coasters that is not RCT4 or NoLimits.

I love coasters. I love designing them. But I find NoLimits too sterile for me. Using the program takes my hobby and turns it into an unpaid internship. RCT series is great because the gameplay aspects distracts you from the labour.

Imagine Minecraft without any crafting, gathering or exploration. That's NoLimits. Powerful but it's not a game.
Jack

NoLimits has never been meant to be a game, it's a professional tool and an be enjoyable when you get the hang of it :)

I don't know how this game managed to mess up by the sheer magnitude that they seemingly have done. I love the RCT series but I don't plan on ever buying this or spending time on the mobile game.
Master_feedback

As this is just a few weeks away from coming out I was wondering if anyone did the beta weekends last year and if this game is worth getting I can get it at a very good pre order price atm but may need to up my pc spec too
Jack

The game has been released in Early Access and the Steam reviews are showing as mostly negative with the game being shown to be very broken in a lot of ways. There are overwhelming reports of the game crashing upon placing objects, unbearable lag on above average spec PC's and broken animations for peeps.

I am not one to recommend not buying something but in this case I am going to advise that RCTW is given a miss and you head to buy Planet Coaster as this is just too awful to comprehend. :)