2015 Adventure Land Development?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Burniel

^Yep my bad, however the drop is 61ft I believe?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
NemesisRider

Seriously, I know the RMT is a great topic to discuss but does it actually have anything to do with Adventure land?

Dan B., the sad reality is that there is no clear answer, not many people have behind the scenes access to the RMT or a 70ft tape measure... :(
Burniel

Yeah, sorry we all went off on a tangent there ...

Then again, this topic is discussing a prospect which is highly unlikely in my opinion.
NemesisRider

Yes, adventure land is an unlikely place for development.
BenBowser

NemesisRider wrote:Yes, adventure land is an unlikely place for development.
This is a joke right?
Martin

I do believe that Michelle has already requested to keep on track with this topic.
Before posting any comments please make sure they are relevant to the topic thread.
Otherwise any irrelevant posts may be deleted.
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
Alton13Nemesis

If anything, i see adventure land as the area on park most in need of development.
Burniel

Alton13Nemesis wrote:If anything, i see adventure land as the area on park most in need of development.
I agree, but I also see it as unlikely to be in 2015, and unlikely to be a low-capacity Zamperla coaster like the one mentioned.
lf2001

I don't know if it's already been said yet but maybe a CBeebies-themed kids coaster where the The Beastie used to be.
NemesisRider

I think a coaster on the beastie site has been mentioned, and the Cbeebies theme discussed.
Alton13Nemesis

And i still absolutely feel a kids roller coaster for that site next year, with a cbeebies theme, is likely. Its perfect for the area in question.
Burniel

That area of the park has been focused on for two years: 2013 main focus was X-Sector and 2014 CBeebies, it's time to do a different area of the park for a bit. Gloomy Wood and Katanga Canyon are on the opposite end of the park, and haven't received attention for over 10 years, so maybe they should focus on them before moving onto an area of the park where they have lots of new developments.
NemesisRider

^^^ I'm with Dan, adventure will not get a development in 2015 for 2 reasons.

1. The Enchanted village will take most of the budget

2. The other side of the park needs attention, it has not had a major ride for 12 years (Air).
Alton13Nemesis

The ride budget is completely separate to the hospitality budget. It wouldn't matter if we got 2 brand new hotels, the ride budget would be unaffected.
As for FV, i think that will get attention in 2016, for SW8.
Burniel

It doesn't matter if FV gets SW8 in 2016, Gloomy Wood and Katanga Canyon still need the development a lot more than Adventure Land IMO.
Dom

Nothing will happen with Adventure Land for quite some time. If anything will ever happen to it i reckon it will say goodbye. Its AT's smallest 'area' and doesn't offer as much as it could. Once the sega contract ends (not sure when that is because not sure if they have renewed it) Adventure Land would very likely become an extension of Cbeebies Land given Cbeebies land's popularity.
NemesisRider

^^^ Still, I guess it's too early to say anything about Cbeebies land, wait until next year, then we'll have some real results.

It probably will be consumed by Cbeebies land eventually, I would not be entirely surprised to see another Maurer Spinner appear soon after it's removal (KC).

However pointless it would be to remove it and rebuild it elsewhere...
stealthsmiler

I doubt CeBeebies Land will get an extension into Adventure Land

Firstly it has just been done so the newness needs to wear off, secondly it has a very limited audience so making it a large area seems like a waste of space - a more family friendly area seems more likely and thirdly CeBeebies Land will never need the attention of an extension as it will have to get new rides for new shows which AT can advertise. It is also money that they will have to spend updating the area every few years so a bigger area equals a bigger cost for refurbs.

I could see it possibly being a large investment year with AT developing into into a whole new land with new small flat rides (Due to 5m limit) and attractions - Maybe a dark ride.
Alton13Nemesis

I hope so, got to admit i hate cbeebies land, and sonic spinball
NemesisRider

However much you hate them won't help us speculate.about further adventure land developments.

Could the name of the topic be changed? I think the current one is a bit misleading as a 2015 development is very unlikely, we would have know about it beforehand.