2015 Adventure Land Development?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
NemesisRider

Adventure land will not get a large development, Sonic is big enough and another ride would be pointless and unbelievably restricted.
NemesisRider

OK, please give us a link to your source then... :)

We need it for proof that it isn't Alex's alpaca farm source...
Danny

So who is this person that seems to give you all this information about future plans for the resort including fireworks, scarefest and resort plans for 2+ years time? Is it Varney himself?
NemesisRider

^^^ I hope it's not Varney, Jackandylan123 wants to squish him with a container...

Could we have a name please? I really need to speak to this source. :)
Alton13Nemesis

And by the way, the source in question is also a family member, so its certainly feasible
Michelle

Right this topic is getting a little silly now, please use it to discuss developments that may happen rather than bickering amongst yourselves. Alton13Nemesis, if you state information based on a source - especially information that seems unlikely then people will naturally want to know where you've heard it, whether it's a family member of yours or not is irrelevant really :)
Everyone else, back on topic please :)
mark_h

A Zamperla Family Coaster in its standard layout is 4m (13'12") high (see the technical information on the manufacturers website) so it is not totally implausible.

The passenger height restriction is 1.05m.
Burniel

Hmmmm ... a low theoretical capacity, but then again it would only appeal to those between 1.05 and 1.2m tall (with Spinball nearby, I can't see any 1.2m kids going on this). Not sure this is for Towers.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
NemesisRider

TBH, Merlin would never get a Zamperla, especially for AT. AT is apparently their flagship park, so no "cheap" or "badly reviewed" manufacturers would be used.

Zamperla tend to be more used by Flamingoland, they have installed several.
Alton13Nemesis

It is possible the coaster could be a different manufacturer, but i was pretty sure it was zamperla. I can see it working, there are no roller coasters at all for really young children yet on resort.
Burniel

Alton13Nemesis wrote:It is possible the coaster could be a different manufacturer, but i was pretty sure it was zamperla. I can see it working, there are no roller coasters at all for really young children yet on resort.
What's really young? A child can't ride the coaster mentioned until they're 1.05m tall (which is when they're 4-5 years old), but they can ride the Runaway Mine Train when they're 0.9m (about 3 years old).
mark_h

The height limit quoted on the manufactures website may be a bit misleading. Powerpark Finland seem to allow children of any size on their Mine Train ride (Zamperla Family Gravity Coaster) when accompanied by an adult. Of course once the HSE gets involved there may be a height restriction.

As for the manufacturer this would not be a flagship ride no matter who makes it. It will also get very few extra customers through the gates (although will potentially be a good future investment if it gets young guests hooked on roller-coaster riding) so there may not be a huge budget available.
stealthsmiler

The Runaway Mine Train is fine for young children, any child too small for even RMT will be happy with The Squirrel Nutty Ride - or what ever it is now - along with the rest of CeBeebies Land.
NemesisRider

True, AT don't really have any large market gaps.

If they got a coaster for very young children it would be slightly pointless.
Jared

NemesisRider wrote:TBH, Merlin would never get a Zamperla, especially for AT. AT is apparently their flagship park, so no "cheap" or "badly reviewed" manufacturers would be used.

Zamperla tend to be more used by Flamingoland, they have installed several.
You do realise the following rides are Zamperla at Towers, yes?

Heave Ho!
Frog Hopper

What's to stop them adding more? Zamperla may not be the best, but they're getting a higher profile and a better reputation. Air a Race at Drayton Manor is a great ride, so why wouldn't a new coaster be?
Alton13Nemesis

Totally agree, i personally can really see a roller coaster fitting into the cbeebies lineup, possibly a zingzillas theme, or teletubbies?
if my source is to be believed, rather than ridiculed like earlier in the feed, we should see planning go in later this year, unless merlin opt not to release funding, which i hear is a possibility, but only a slight one.
NemesisRider

TBH So can't see AT adding more Cbeebies land anytime soon, they have got a good 6 attractions for it so far.

Also, Cbeebies land probably will be extended (if it is) in a small investment year, which we have just had (2014).
BenBowser

Dan.B wrote: Just to give you an idea of how tall 16ft is Alton13Nemesis, Runaway Mine Train is 68ft high ...
So your telling me, that Alton's Mine Train is 3ft taller than the Vampire? I find that hard to believe. Maybe the Mine Train's height is taken from the bottom of the tunnel, to the top of its facade's tower?
NemesisRider wrote:TBH So can't see AT adding more Cbeebies land anytime soon, they have got a good 6 attractions for it so far.

Also, Cbeebies land probably will be extended (if it is) in a small investment year, which we have just had (2014).
These investment cycles aren't definate. A reported £8 million was spent on CBeebies Land. I'd say that's considerably more than 2011! ;)

Chessington is the perfect example (sorry for bringing my fanboyism into this), this year should be their small investment in the cycle. But they've just refurbished half the park, re-paved some areas, removed a mountain and built another (proper) hotel. £14 million its cost Merlin, more than last year, which was supposedly a major investment year.
Burniel

BenBowser wrote:
Dan.B wrote: Just to give you an idea of how tall 16ft is Alton13Nemesis, Runaway Mine Train is 68ft high ...
So your telling me, that Alton's Mine Train is 3ft taller than the Vampire? I find that hard to believe. Maybe the Mine Train's height is taken from the bottom of the tunnel, to the top of its facade's tower?
Yeah I think so.
Altontowersbarlow

The Runaway Mine Train at The Alton Towers Resort is a maximum of 11 metres in height according to AT's website. This height in metres converted into ft is approximately 36ft.
11m = 36ft 15⁄64in. The Runaway Mine Train is therefore around 36ft not 68ft high however I don't really see how this conversation is entirely relevant to developments in Adventure Land :)