2015 Adventure Land Development?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Alton13Nemesis

Will there be any in 2015? Will sonic be taken out? Will CBeebies take over another area of Alton Towers?

Would love to know thoughts guys, I know mine.
Burniel

No there won't be. The contract with SEGA has been renewed, it's unlikely to be removed until 2016/17 closed season at least.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Alton13Nemesis

But just because the contract runs until that date, doesn't mean they cannot possibly remove sonic beforehand, right?
Themeparksandy1981

But why would they want to lose all that money that sega paying Merlin to sponsor the ride.
I think with the size of the area it will be used for future C beebies rides and attractions.
Maybe it could get new trains http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/assets/d ... oaster.pdf so suit the c beebies theme.
Burniel

I wouldn't want it to become a CBeebies extension, as such a thing won't happen until 2017, by which time some of the CBeebies attractions will become outdated and incorrect.
stealthsmiler

I doubt it would be a CBeebies Land extension as that would mean AT have a large area with a lot of money spent on it, for such a limited audience. I would expect to see some sort of dark ride built there as AT have agreed to a 5m height limit

Maybe Duel (updated etc) could be relocated there, and let GW be an extension of FV or KC.
Alton13Nemesis

I cannot see duel moving, or gloomy wood changing, anytime soon. The site of duel has strict rules to do with the naturally occurring methane gas in that area

I heard from a source that in 2015, zamperla will be commissioned to build a small family coaster in cbeebies land\beastie site
stealthsmiler

By Duel moving I meant the haunted house theme moving, to make way for a dark ride that fits into FV/KCs theme. Plus surely the gas would affect FV /KC too?
stealthsmiler

Alton13Nemesis wrote:I heard from a source that in 2015, zamperla will be commissioned to build a small family coaster in cbeebies land\beastie site
Well it can't exactly go very high with a 5m restriction on the area and I doubt it will be powered like RMT or launched. Also I think it is likely that SW8 maybe more family friendly as AT have just invested money for thrill seekers and young children, making the last family investment 2010 therefore a small family coaster would be a waste of money with another better one coming a year or two after.

And what is your source as it is pretty easy for anyone to say they have a source? I have a source saying that Alton Towers are selling off all their coasters and opening a alpaca farm with the money.
Alex

We must have the same source :sus:
Alton13Nemesis

Well of course, my source could be talking rubbish, i have no idea. I'm simply saying what i heard. Don't take it as the word of god, but if it happens i told you so ;) my money is on the family coaster.
Aidan Lowe

Alton13Nemesis wrote:Don't take it as the word of god.
Well then I know your lying and your source is wrong :D lol
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Alton13Nemesis

Wrong. I have confidence in it, but at the end of the day it could be wrong. Only the source truly knows. So no, you don't know I'm wrong ;)
Alex

Alton13Nemesis wrote:Wrong. I have confidence in it, but at the end of the day it could be wrong. Only the source truly knows. So no, you don't know I'm wrong ;)
As previously mentioned the LTDP states on page 38
Alton Towers Resort proposes to remove the Spinning Coaster ride in the second phase of the Long Term Plan and agree with the Council, via a s106 agreement or undertaking, to limit development on the existing Adventureland (Sonic Spinball) GDO area to rides and other structures not exceeding 5m in height. This initiative would materially improve the setting of the Towers and the registered garden and would prevent any future large scale rides on this site (permitted at present to 25m under the GDO).
I'd be intrigued to see this coaster your "source" states will be happening as it would have to be less than 16ft tall......
Burniel

Alton13Nemesis wrote:Wrong. I have confidence in it, but at the end of the day it could be wrong. Only the source truly knows. So no, you don't know I'm wrong ;)
Alex wrote: I'd be intrigued to see this coaster your "source" states will be happening as it would have to be less than 16ft tall......
Just to give you an idea of how tall 16ft is Alton13Nemesis, Runaway Mine Train is 68ft high ...
Alton13Nemesis

From what i heard, the coaster would actually be part of cbeebies land, but use part of the beastie site. This would mean it could have a low height within the beastie area, but outside that a little higher. Besides, I'm not sure you can compare it to the mine train, zamperla family coaster is simply the make, i believe the ride will in fact be a much smaller attraction, along the same height guidelines of beastie, for very young children. I don't class mine train as a ride for very young children.
Count-Vonduel

They could put it in a pit?
Alex

Count-Vonduel wrote:They could put it in a pit?
Since when does a kids coaster have a budget big enough to dig underground?
Alton13Nemesis

Or, it is simply going to hug the ground, instead providing speed through sections propelled along tires (like the th13teen lift hill)
Burniel

I still don't believe a word of this ...