2015 Adventure Land Development?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Alton13Nemesis

The topic title is a question, so we are speculating, nothing confirmed.
nemefan08

I would like to see adventure land turn into sonic land. Spinball could turn into sonic ring rush, add a flat or 2 and a dark ride.
Alton13Nemesis

I hate 3rd party IP :L
Altontowersbarlow

nemefan08 wrote:I would like to see adventure land turn into sonic land. Spinball could turn into sonic ring rush, add a flat or 2 and a dark ride.
In my opinion Alton Towers have now adopted enough IP areas and rides into the park. Ice Age was a great success and is one of the best family rides on park and Cbeebies Land has allowed a younger audience to visit the park, widening The Alton Towers Resorts' target audience and therefore benefiting the park. The IP system has served Alton Towers well but AT must learn when to stop and not take advantage of third party ideas as there can be too much of a good thing. A happy medium needs to be reached in which unique and fresh ideas are balanced with the IP system to allow for a range of different storylines and themes. Alton Towers have reached the balance and Merlin must now invest in rides with specially designed and unique themes that are on the same standard as Hex's storyline or The Nemesis Legend.

Sonic is also a very old character and the franchise is not used to any great extent anymore. The Sonic games and other related products are not popular with the general public therefore a whole land dedicated to the franchise would be a waste of money and would not draw in big enough crowds to justify the land being constructed.
nemefan08

What about giving the area the theming it so desperately deserves.
Themeparksandy1981

IP is what bring guests to the parks. Just look at Harry Potter and what that's done to Universal Studios. Paultons park I hadn't even heard of the park before they added Peppa Pig World. Thomasland has helped Drayton Manor to become a resort.
Altontowersbarlow

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:IP is what bring guests to the parks. Just look at Harry Potter and what that's done to Universal Studios. Paultons park I hadn't even heard of the park before they added Peppa Pig World. Thomasland has helped Drayton Manor to become a resort.
Universal Studios is almost entirely made up of IP's. The majority of the parks rides follow the baseline theme of a film and IP's are expected as it is a park mainly created around media. Universal Studios is a completely different concept to Alton Towers therefore different rules apply. The IP attractions have indeed worked well for Alton Towers however the park has now got a sufficient amount of IP based attractions and Merlin should invest in original/unique themed rides in the future to allow for a natural balance of atmospheres within the park. When Charlie And The Chocolate Factory reaches the end of it's working lifetime, I would like to see a unique storyline incorporated into a new dark-ride. I think this because I truly believe that Alton Towers could utilise the space effectively and make an immersive/magical experience that the whole family could enjoy, without an IP.
lucozade

Alton Towers IS the parks theme, it is one of the worlds only genuine attraction in any theme park. Its not a fiberglass fake castle, or a plastic reconstruction, its bloody real!

Its grounds, gardens and house are a hugely under utilized resource. That shouldn't be raped by badly implemented whoring out of attractions. AT should do more to make the most of its massively valuable assets. But I don't think the management has the finesse to accomplish a bespoke 'not like every other theme park'

IF Alton Towers was used to its full potential, you wouldn't be banging on about IPs. You would be saying every other theme park is a poor, plastic tacky copy of the genuine article at AT.