TT Summer Sizzler 2014 - Reviews & Feedback

Archive for past events.
Rob
Admin
Admin

Did you attend our fantastic (very wet) Summer Sizzler 2014 event?

If so please leave your reviews and comments below.
SuperWill

Wow! What can I say!? Summer Sizzler was absolutely fantastic! I really enjoyed the day, especially the ERT on Air (got 7 rides on it thanks to the ERT), Sub-Terra Extreme and the 15 minutes ERT on Nemesis. I just want to say a huge thank you to Dan for organising this! Sub-Terra Extreme was a good laugh and terrified me on my first go on the Extreme version! I defiantly want to attend the Scaremazing event! If you haven't been to a TowersTimes event yet then you should defiantly go to the next one! :D See you all again at the Scaremazing event! :D

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Jack

wow, brilliant day, loved every second! the only thing that could have been better was the weather, but we can't do anything about that :P (I could have also remembered to collect my MAP off my family, would have helped :lol ) it's incredible how welcoming everyone is, and for someone like me to feel welcome is a massive thing!

It felt brilliant being scared while waiting for N:ST extreme, and the 15 minutes of ERT on Nemmy was also brilliant, so was the Air ERT :D (may I ask who it was who decided to throw up on the brake run on Air? bit of a mystery it seems ;))

sorry if this seems very badly written, but I just got back and am incredibly tired, sorry :P
Mark-Cal

That would explain the TowersTimes shirts I saw today then. :)
George B

Amazing day, loved all of it (except the rain) but the ERT on Nemesis and Air were great, and I really enjoyed meeting people, so thanks TT, I'll see you at the next one

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature
NemesisRider

It was a great day, I had a really good time.

The ERT on Nemmy was just :W . Same with N:ST extreme.

Great day, great people, great time.

Thanks to everyone who helped make it so great for us all! :D
NemeJaney

It was my first meet and it was all brilliant. The extra 15 mins of Nemmy ERT was a great bonus(especially for me!) and all the memories I've collected from the day are permanentaly stored in my brain as happy ones. As for the weather, it had no effect on my mood because you guys were there and it was too fun to be ruined.
girlgooner

TOWERS TIMES EVENTS RULE!!!!

You know what ? As usual an amazing day. Nemmy in rain it felt like i was getting sandblasted! But well woth it (#TTmoist) got absolutley drenched but it did not have any effect on the day.
Air ERT was brilliant and the fact it broke down and they restarted the half hour was brilliant.The look on peoples faces when they were turned away as they were not TT was priceless!
Went off in a small group for the rest the day, meeting up seeing the gang for lunch was kind of like a ride takeover as there was that many of us in there! Then I even braved Rita for the first time in about a year and not busting my ear on it!

I personally didnt do the meet up for Nemmy Sub terrible because it scares the living daylights out of me anyway & I hate it!!

Then begins the best part of the day for me, the infamous TT social. This was the first time I have stayed at the hotel so was able to join in, its the best night out ever! Superhero dancing for the first time I witnessed it and they even got a round of applause off other guests, woohoo well done guys.

Next day went to the waterpark with a lot of the forum team and it was brilliant apart from being almost drowned a few times and the water fights!!

Once again TT you have pulled it off 100% The best AT forum in the world

Roll on Scaremazing. I got a kid free weeknd now so im there!!!!!!!!
HighExtreme

It was my first met up and I have to say what a weekend it was, I’ve had an absolute ball. The morning drinks in Dragon Bar were a great introduction and ice breaker, the entrance to the park through woodland walk was seamless and the Air XRT was a warm sunny tonic to the grey drizzly weather.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for being so lovely and making me feel so welcome.

Stu (aka wife of Adz)
Dom

#TTSummerSizzler (Told you Laura, it has capitals lol) was not so much Sizzler, more Soaker, but the weather certainly did not stop us from having such a fantastic weekend. We definitely got #moist. As always everyone was just amazing and it is the people who make the events so great. Everyone is just amazing. Too many highlights throughout the weekend to list.

A MASSIVE thank you to all the team, especially the events team for organizing another amazing event. Without you guys, this would not be possible and you deserve so much credit that I can't thank you enough.

I hope Ben's hat made it safely to Cardiff (or wherever it was heading) and i hope everyone enjoyed the 4, yes 4, dances on stage people participated in. Oh and sorry AT that i broke a glass.
sezmac

Where do I start. What an AWSOME weekend! The biggest thanks to the tt team.

I was thrilling from start to finish! It was great to see the tt family again. And meeting new ones too. This was only my second meet and a whole 12mths wait for it too! I will not wait that long next time guys. I wasn't sure how it was gonna compare to last years triumph. But it smashed it. Staying over at splash landings was defo the smart choice to be able to be involved in the weekends socials. The bar was like another ride takeover which cannot be a bad thing!

Ert on nemi and air was fab, I was well impressed with at restarting the time on air after it breaking down. As was all of us id say.

I didn't do sub terra instead had a #ttmoist day and experienced some more..... indoor establishments.

I have full intentions to attend scaremazing too..... Who would wanna miss these events really??
:lol

Ps The hat has arrived safely in Co Durham!!
Dom

:crazy: Also, just a quick thing. Hursty can you hurry up and upload one picture of the group with the Phalanx operatives. I wanna stare at the one that caught a lot of peoples attention. Please
fizzo

The day was great. Not so much fun being on Air when it broke down though!!! Facing the ground so far up and being trapped was a bit scary but great that we received a nice big cheer when we eventually got back!
Thanks everyone for a great day!
NemesisRider

I enjoyed and earned a new name for some time.

vomitrider.

#-o
Capt.Barnacles

First of all I'd like to thank the Events Team for organising and executing yet another successful event!

The weekend was absolutely amazing (could have been dryer mind), got to meet some new faces, as well as seeing the familiar ones from previous meets. Air ERT was good, very impressed with them restarting the half hour after the breakdown, the rest of the day went well with spending the day with three really nice people, including a recitation of Hex's story (twice) in the video room :lol I finally understand the concept of 'train roulette' now, slightly overhyping the performance quality of Train 3, but most of my rides this weekend were very rough, sad to see even Train 1 getting shaky. Sunday was fun, again, spending most of the day with just a few people instead of a main group.

Overall another great event, can't wait for ScareMazing! :D
Chris
Admin
Admin

NemesisRider - I think you deserve a prize.

Never in the history of my theme park career have I seen an enthusiast puke during ERT.

Job well done :)

Thanks all for the wonderful feedback. Glad the monsoon didn't put a damper on things!
NemesisRider

I am ashamed and embarrassed over what happened on Air, the ride breakdown was not exactly helpful, neither was the choice of what I had for breakfast.

Also, there are more embarrassing thing than that. I heard valler (I think it was him) got put in a fridge at scaremazing.

So, please just forgive and forget... :)
Chris
Admin
Admin

Yes, things like that do happen from time to time!
Zach

My Review

First off if you are reading this and didn't attend why not ?!

This towerstimes event was outstanding, everything was perfect. From announcement to handling booking to running the day the team are so helpful and friendly.

The day started with a great meet up in the dragon bar where everyone was greater with a smile and a friendly faces. Everyone got signed in and sorted with badges then the team made a short speech about the events of the days and made sure everyone knew exactly what they were doing when and what was going to happen! Which for me is what you need.

The walk into FV was relaxing and as always an experience, once in FV the day began with two goes on nemesis for me, the rain was too heavy to continue with anymore rides other continued expect I couldn't take the heavy rain! So as other member we took sanctuary (scarefest reference) in the fish n chip shop marquee and waited till our Air XRT. This was very well organised and handled by the team, we arrived and got plenty of rides on air (8 times) which in 30mins is great, due to this I didn't feel the need to return to FV.

During the day I spent it with some great friends of mine where we went in a group where people joined and split off throughout the day as they pleased which was nice to see and meant I got to see plenty of faces, as you'll see from photos when there posted fun and laughter was had by all. Even though it's free time doesn't mean the TT mischief stops! We got plenty of rides in producing the day and had a good meal at wood cutters as a group with those who joined us.

Finally there was the FV sub terra extreme bonus which was epic! 2 run throughs of sub terra extreme was brilliant the first was a little tame (no licking ;) ) so on the next one I kindly asked to turn up the heat and they were more than happy too! This time although no licking it certainly was extreme and got the heart pumping something that was thoroughly enjoyed by all, a lovely bonus I'm very greatful I got to experience!

These meets are something a true theme park enthusiast should experience because like me once you join in on one you get hooked and just want to be a part of every single one! For me it's the company that you meet and share the experience with that makes these events the team and members of this forum are amazing and make these meets what they are so get yourself to the next one you really won't understand what you're missing out on till you do! :) :) :) :) THANK YOU TOWERSTIMES!!! :moj TSM :moj
hursty

Dom wrote::crazy: Also, just a quick thing. Hursty can you hurry up and upload one picture of the group with the Phalanx operatives. I wanna stare at the one that caught a lot of peoples attention. Please