Future of CBeebies land

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Themeparksandy1981

Now I know this area only 6 weeks old but as stated that CBeebies land will always be updated with new rides and attractions.
So what attraction/ride with be removed first and what program will replace it?

With the problems I hear in the night garden been having I can see this been updated first not sure what would replace it as my little girl watches nick jr as she is a big fan of Peppa and Ben and Holly.
Coasterfellow

I cant see them removing any atractions but i think next year they will update the shows and in two, three or four years time they might expand into adventureland and build a new kids rollercoaster and small water ride like bubble works in place of sonic spinball which should be moved to thorpe as an expansion of angry bids land.
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)
Burniel

I believe the SEGA contract runs out in 2016, so I think an expansion for 2017 seems a reasonable target. Nothing fancy, maybe something slightly more thrilling like a magic carpet (not sure how that would link in to CBeebies Land but it would be quite cool)?

EDIT: Also, I agree with the above, the shows will be updated as shows generally are.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Georgie

Coasterfellow wrote:...sonic spinball which should be moved to thorpe as an expansion of angry bids land.
Not only do I doubt they have the space for a ride of that size in the tiny area that is ABL, i also doubt they'd want to with Dragon's Fury so close.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
RCandrew

GThing64 wrote:
Coasterfellow wrote:...sonic spinball which should be moved to thorpe as an expansion of angry bids land.
Not only do I doubt they have the space for a ride of that size in the tiny area that is ABL, i also doubt they'd want to with Dragon's Fury so close.
I doubt anyone would ever choose to go to either theme park based on their spinning coaster... :-k
But I never noticed how good a spinning coaster would work in ABL at thorpe!
Anyway, if spinball is removed sometime soon (I hope just somewhere else I AT) then an expansion with a type of RMC coaster for children would be good :)
Themeparksandy1981

How about a Chuggington themed roller coaster?
I think Drayton Manor have done well doing a deal with Hit Entertainment as most stars of the shows shown on milkshake are live at the park during the summer months.
stealthsmiler

Well really every ride will be updated as TV shows get cancelled and new more popular TV shows come out. I think extending it may be too much as it would take up a lot of land for a limited target audience. They would be better off making Adventure land into a family area rather than small children's area.
Burniel

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:How about a Chuggington themed roller coaster?
Ok, how about this for a theory:

2016 - SEGA contract expires
2017 - bulldoze Sonic Spinball and move RMT to the site and theme it to Chuggington
2019/20 - SW9 built on RMT site

It will never happen, but it would be pretty cool.
Danny

They will never move the RMT. Unless it's going for good. ;)
RCandrew

No, RMT fits perfectly where it is and what it is :( :lol
Burniel

Yeah I know it won't happen, but you couldn't have a kid's chuggington coaster and RMT, could you?
Alton13Nemesis

I heard rumours, from a reliable source, that Adventure Land may be consumed by the CBeebies franchise as early as next spring, and also that we will soon be seeing planning permission for a small family roller coaster going in, as well as flat rides, with the earmarked removal of sonic Spinball from the park entirely being carried out next spring. This is part of the park's plan to reduce the noise and visual impact of adventure land. There is however no talk of towers street being absorbed by the franchise anytime soon, neither is the prospect of a new entrance, as the site where duel sits is of methane gas risk, meaning only a building that passes the risk checks can sit on that site. Duel itself has methane alarms and sensors inside for the event of high enough levels to warrant an evac. As an entrance plaza is in open air, it wouldn't be deemed safe enough to place an entrance there. If a development is to occur on that site, the building must fit the safety criteria, meaning the site can basically only ever accommodate a dark ride.