Getting Rides back in the Spotlight

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Coasterfellow

With the new attractions that Alton Towers get some of the older rides (e.g nemesis, air and oblivion) aren't getting the attention and queues that they deserve. On this forum you can post your ideas on how to get some of the rides back in the spotlight
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)
RCandrew

I think in a general way, because if where rides have been built most recently, Forbidden valley hasn't has much attention bar one flat ride in 12 years where as all other areas have had 1/2 new coasters, mew themes etc etc. On here forbidden valley doesn't seem that bad because we are all enthusiasts over Nemesis but the queues for both roller coasters are quite low so it just needs a general touch up with the addition of a new roller coaster, possibly SW8 :) this may also mean a re theme of Air and possible new/replaced flats! This would be sure to get the queues back up and spread out from the Smiler in XS and Rita in DF :)
Danny

Well I think Nemesis will be back in the spotlight next year for her 21st, providing what they do for her 21st is worth big theme park news :lol
Themeparksandy1981

I do think Nemesis needs a new story line and updated theme to include its babies. Now we know that the babies have escaped and it be perfect to add some broken eggs a long the ride route and the babies in the pits.
stealthsmiler

The new flats to replace The Blade and Ripsaw (if they don't decide to do work and extended their lives, which I hope they do) would bring Forbidden Valley back into the spot light. I would like to see FV extended (SW8) behind Duel and have a 3rd entrance (somewhere between KC and GW). This way people could loop round forbidden valley, would see an increase in riders on the flats and both coasters and the area see some TLC. Ripsaw (If it's life is extended and kept in FV, which again, I hope it is) could also then be put on the best cycles for the increase in riders. FV is also a good location to have high traffic going towards it due to the fact that there are 4 different routes to disperse the crowds, The Skyride - direct from Towers Street or CCL, Through Haunted Hollow - probably the most used pedestrian route as its a short cut and good as it stops the family areas(KC and MB) being crowded with teens and young adults, Through KC - probably most used by people working their way back towards the entrance and finally the Gardens - the least used for obvious reasons although the nicest route.

Maybe even Duel could be re-themed to FV as another Phalanx facility gone wrong, where riders go round and are "attacked" by nemesis creatures and stuff - although this would need to be done correctly otherwise would look bad and probably would be too much with N:ST being themed around that idea. Or maybe Duel could be like the guests briefing before being allowed to enter the Forbidden Valley. This could have lots of interactive elements and could maybe be able to utilise the existing guns as some sort of emergency self defense training. (or a better idea if anyone can think of one) This idea though doesn't have to be scary and could familiarise younger guests with the Nemesis or as I prefer Phalanx theme before they ride the bigger rides.
Last edited by stealthsmiler on Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stealthsmiler

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:I do think Nemesis needs a new story line and updated theme to include its babies. Now we know that the babies have escaped and it be perfect to add some broken eggs a long the ride route and the babies in the pits.
That is what I would like to see Air rethemed to. The battle between the escaped babies and the Humans, with the humans (Air) being the Phalanx's secret weapon. Then there could be lots of interactive baby nemesises and eggs.
Aidan Lowe

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:I do think Nemesis needs a new story line and updated theme to include its babies. Now we know that the babies have escaped and it be perfect to add some broken eggs a long the ride route and the babies in the pits.
Quite a good idea actually. I would love to see some nemesis babies similar to the way the dragon at wizarding world of harry potter hangs from the structure.

Imagine some alien type creatures crawling along the walls as you go through the tunnel from the loop. I would suggest AT have these creatures spray mist on the train's passage similar to Smiller (great effect for front row when used).

Themeparksandy1981

Nemesis fights back. After 21 years of been pinned down its fighting back to save its babies. The staff could be dressed the same as Sub terra staff. Our mission could be to ride the beast and try to tame it without been attacked by its babies on route.
Coasterfellow

This could have lots of interactive elements and could maybe be able to utilise the existing guns as some sort of emergency self defense training. (or a better idea if anyone can think of one) This idea though doesn't have to be scary and could familiarise younger guests with the Nemesis or as I prefer Phalanx theme before they ride the bigger rides.
I love this idea! It sort of reminds me of Buzz lightyears astro blasters. The story could be that the nemesis creature is getting to strong so they have made a training facility for guests so that, incase of an emergency, you know how to fight the creature. The training could be built up into different sections and would each feature a different training activity. Sort of like how in midway mania you go from game to game. The first section could be reflexes and you would have to shoot targets as soon as the appear. The next section could be recogniseing the nemesis creature and knowing when to shoot. This would involve you only shooting nemesis when it pops up and not shooting the other objects. The final section could be where they have utilised some of the nemesis D.N.A and have created a harmless but realistic replica. You then have to shoot certain spots on the creature. The whole ride would have a running competition (sort of like on duel) so you can compete to get the most points.
stealthsmiler

Yes, thats exactly the sort of thing I was thinking of. The queue line could be made to look like Phalanx are preparing you for the training, and then when you get off you have passed the test. Then at scarefest, it could be more adult friendly and have live rabid phalanx workers which you need to shoot (they can have laser sensors on their uniforms). If you shoot them, the actor lays down and dies (more dramatically though) and if you dont they get right up in your face.
tallicay2k

stealthsmiler wrote:Yes, thats exactly the sort of thing I was thinking of. The queue line could be made to look like Phalanx are preparing you for the training, and then when you get off you have passed the test. Then at scarefest, it could be more adult friendly and have live rabid phalanx workers which you need to shoot (they can have laser sensors on their uniforms). If you shoot them, the actor lays down and dies (more dramatically though) and if you dont they get right up in your face.
I take off my hat to you sir for your imagination...wow lol
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
NemesisRider

I just want the next coaster (SW8) to have a small SW and revitalise FV. I would love a floorless coaster, they could say the original Nemesis' eggs hatched and were even more dangerous than the original Nemesis. The ride would be quite intense, have 5 inversions (one in a very small space) and have a small version of a dive drop. Also, it would have a main piece of theming (a giant tesla coil) that turned electrical every 10-15 minutes.
Alex

nemesisrider wrote:I just want the next coaster (SW8) to have a small SW and revitalise FV. I would love a floorless coaster, they could say the original Nemesis' eggs hatched and were even more dangerous than the original Nemesis. The ride would be quite intense, have 5 inversions (one in a very small space) and have a small version of a dive drop. Also, it would have a main piece of theming (a giant tesla coil) that turned electrical every 10-15 minutes.
13 already has something similar, so not sure I could see that personally or how it would fit into the FV theme.
NemesisRider

Forbidden valley is post-apocalyptic and destroyed, right? They could make it look like a destroyed power source the Nemesis creature is feeding from.
Coasterfellow

Not a tesla coil but maybe a broken electrical pylon covered in nemesis tenticles. It could spark every 5 mins
NemesisRider

Not every 5 minutes, that would be to expensive. 10-15 is more likely.
stealthsmiler

Coasterfellow wrote: I love this idea!.
tallicay2k wrote: I take off my hat to you sir for your imagination...wow lol
Thanks guys. I think FV has a really strong theme that could really be emphasized, if they embrace Phalanx as a company for the thee rather than Nemesis the creature.
NemesisRider

FV has the Nemesis theme, the evil creature that is attacking, and the Air theme, very mysterious, technological and like an experiment.

Personally, I think Air needs some explaining and the Nemesis theme needs to go to SW8.
Alex

Well the Air theme was supposed to be like an Oasis. .... then the theming budget was cut
NemesisRider

I knew Air was an oasis, but why does it allow people to fly? That could be explained in the storyline.