The Future Of Charlie And The Chocolate Factory

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
towerslover

Never knew that the branding had been taking down! That's great news, never liked that read really, it had a lot of potential but just didn't work. I agree that an area like Arthur would work brilliantly! Hopefully get a whole area retheme, with a new water ride inside Charlie!
Dannyski

Hopefully they'll do something like the plans they considered years ago and regenerate the whole area. An indoor/outdoor flume ride would be great, and probably relatively cheap to do.
Burniel

I would totally like to see a smaller Journey to Atlantis there.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Hari

I just hope they do SOMETHING to it... like honestly. I went on it and it was so bad lol.
Dan

Hari wrote:I just hope they do SOMETHING to it... like honestly. I went on it and it was so bad lol.
Charlie won't be coming back as Charlie.
CJH

I wasn't thinking today, with the dreamworlds film Trolls featuring at Scarefest this year, would this not be a good IP choice to fill Charlie's spot? It would even fit with cloud cuckoo land or even a newly themed area? Around Dreamworks? Maybe featuring things like How to train your dragon, Shrek, Trolls, etc maybe aimed at 6-12 year olds? Would bring the area upto scratch whilst having an older kids area rather than a kiddies area aimed at same age as CBeebies land?
Nickolai

My mum has said she is surprised Merin haven't added a Minecraft ride yet...
Formally Smiler313
Stan.H

CJH wrote:I wasn't thinking today, with the dreamworlds film Trolls featuring at Scarefest this year, would this not be a good IP choice to fill Charlie's spot? It would even fit with cloud cuckoo land or even a newly themed area? Around Dreamworks? Maybe featuring things like How to train your dragon, Shrek, Trolls, etc maybe aimed at 6-12 year olds? Would bring the area upto scratch whilst having an older kids area rather than a kiddies area aimed at same age as CBeebies land?
It'd be a risky investment for Merlin imo, as this film has only just been released (or soft released) and they don't know if this film has been a success. I do like the sound of a MineCraft ride though, as that is a VERY popular ip; and I can see Merlin being very creative with it and they could do some great theming.
Last edited by Stan.H on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dom

I hope they do something decent with the ride. Charlie was ok, but it lacked any pizzazz and literally was the Aldi version of Bubbleworks :lol Personally they need to just get rid of every aspect completely and put something better in its place. I do quite like the ideas of a Trolls related IP for one reason only. They have bright colourful hair which is so fabulous.
S.J_O'Grady

Me no likey IPs :no:
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
OhShambhala

Dom wrote:I hope they do something decent with the ride. Charlie was ok, but it lacked any pizzazz and literally was the Aldi version of Bubbleworks :lol Personally they need to just get rid of every aspect completely and put something better in its place. I do quite like the ideas of a Trolls related IP for one reason only. They have bright colourful hair which is so fabulous.
Hey there's nothing wrong with Aldi ;)
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
TuesdayNightChat

I would personally like to see a revisit to Toyland tours! I think the generations to come need to experience,as it was part of Alton Towers history and was a standout ride for years, adverts and marketing and infamous soundtrack.
Coaster Control

TuesdayNightChat wrote:I would personally like to see a revisit to Toyland tours! I think the generations to come need to experience,as it was part of Alton Towers history and was a standout ride for years, adverts and marketing and infamous soundtrack.
That would be great! I never got to ride Toyland Tours and I love the soundtrack :D . I personally think that charlie wasn't a very good ride as the actual ride wasn't too long and after the boat segment you had to wait another five minutes to go into a simulator, which wasn't even that good.
obliviongirl

I am hoping for an original idea to replace Charlie, but chances are it'll be another IP. :no: I preferred Merlin parks when they weren't overrun by Angry Birds, Cbeebies Land and the Penguins of Madagascar...
Theo

obliviongirl wrote:I am hoping for an original idea to replace Charlie, but chances are it'll be another IP. :no: I preferred Merlin parks when they weren't overrun by Angry Birds, Cbeebies Land and the Penguins of Madagascar...
Don't forget Ice Age!!! ](*,)
S.J_O'Grady

Theo wrote:
obliviongirl wrote:I am hoping for an original idea to replace Charlie, but chances are it'll be another IP. :no: I preferred Merlin parks when they weren't overrun by Angry Birds, Cbeebies Land and the Penguins of Madagascar...
Don't forget Ice Age!!! ](*,)
I'm a Celebrity *cough* Derren Brown *cough* Saw franchise *cough*

IPs don't bother me quite so much when they're something classic that everyone knows, like Charlie or the Alice ride in Blackpool. I just can't stand them when they're clearly just an attempt to attract a specific audience.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Themeparksandy1981

IP is the future for Merlin look at all there attractions around the world and how many are IP based. Thorpe park last 3 attractions have been IP based.
Cobby

I don't know how true this is but I heard a rumour that apparently it was going to be lego themed. Now in some ways I can see this be credible as merlin love ips and already own the rights to lego, however in other ways I cannot because the legoland discovery centre isn't too far away. I find it an interesting one though because lego has already been added to the resort in the form of a shop and this could be the next step. Whatever way though it is a very interesting rumour.
Justin

Cobby wrote:I don't know how true this is but I heard a rumour that apparently it was going to be lego themed. Now in some ways I can see this be credible as merlin love ips and already own the rights to lego, however in other ways I cannot because the legoland discovery centre isn't too far away. I find it an interesting one though because lego has already been added to the resort in the form of a shop and this could be the next step. Whatever way though it is a very interesting rumour.
I very much doubt it would be Lego themed.
theparklifekid

Cobby wrote:I don't know how true this is but I heard a rumour that apparently it was going to be lego themed. Now in some ways I can see this be credible as merlin love ips and already own the rights to lego, however in other ways I cannot because the legoland discovery centre isn't too far away. I find it an interesting one though because lego has already been added to the resort in the form of a shop and this could be the next step. Whatever way though it is a very interesting rumour.
Extremely unlikely to be Lego themed, it would go to Legoland Windsor if it was. Also imagine the public confusion when they hear a new Lego ride is coming, they would mistake it as being located at Legoland Windsor and be angry when they found out its in the wrong place. :lol
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!