Alton Towers needs more

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

Family rides it is just thrill thrill thrill nothing argly at all for the little ones :-(
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

one solution is to put boneshaker in FV and run it on tame settings in the mornin with only FV only open and on good setting when there is everything elice is open about 11ish

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Adz
Admin
Admin

one solution is to put boneshaker in FV and run it on tame settings in the mornin with only FV only open and on good setting when there is everything elice is open about 11ish
Well boneshaker is apparantly going to chessington... so that wont ever happen.

YAY for Chessington.
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

:?: :?: :?: thought they were putting it back in the towers for 2004 :? :? :?

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

Philman

Dont you mean 2005 :D But no... they are not! It is more then likely going to CWOA now :-(
What a fad.
Williscroft

I was realy hoping the Boneshaker would return :( I loved that ride. Yer i agree they need more Family rides.
heyheyitsholloway

Needs A Cred Street Revamp :P
Anonymous

Yep, agreed, they really could do with *better* family rides, coz the family areas at the moment are a bit harsh on the eye
jack607

More Thrill Rides...They will have a tough choice when the time comes for their next Thrilly. (if you don't get it, I mean there are alot of popular Flatties, so it'll be hard to choose)
Oh god, Jack607 is back! Lock the doors! Secure the children! Get your pitchforks! Gawwwbraugh!!!!!

I\'ve been to Alton Towers Praise me or prepare to die a horrible, painful death!
Screaming Coasters

but family rides arent what the trend is anymore. People want higher, faster, more inversions and unique rides rather than a ride you can sit on anywhere. I think AT is fine as it is although it could do with a Duel replacement because I find it rather boring. Bring back Haunted House!
jack607

[quote=""Screaming Coasters""]but family rides arent what the trend is anymore. People want higher, faster, more inversions and unique rides rather than a ride you can sit on anywhere. I think AT is fine as it is although it could do with a Duel replacement because I find it rather boring. Bring back Haunted House![/quote]

I agree, but maybe they could install a Thrill Ride and two family rides in the same year, that way everyone gets what they want.
Oh god, Jack607 is back! Lock the doors! Secure the children! Get your pitchforks! Gawwwbraugh!!!!!

I\'ve been to Alton Towers Praise me or prepare to die a horrible, painful death!
Anonymous

I don't think they have enough thrill rides. Most of the rides are family orientated, and only a few are truly etreme.

Thrilling- Nemesis, Oblivion, Ripsaw
Family Thrill- Duel, Blade, Runaway Train, Rapisd, Flume, Hex, Spinball, Corkscrew, Black Hole, Enterprise, Submission.
Family, Storybookland, Cred Street and Old Mcdonalds farm.

So a boost at either ends wouldn't go a miss soon :mrgreen:
loop_the_loop

some rides that AT should get that would be relatively cheap and that could be family and low thrill rides would be (and i know they are quite fairground style rides) are a) waltzers and b) dodgems........big crowd pullers which are quite compact and easy to run. A lot of themeing could be done to 'un stigmatise' these types of rides....i.e. derby bashers in Ugland (or whatever it is in 2005) and space spinners in x-sector

Anyway........until next time
let the abuse begin......
.........Chance favours the prepared mind..........
Williscroft

loop_the_loop, I love the walters and there me fave fair ground ride and i love the Drayton Manor ones to bit but i dont see them as an Alton type of ride. I just cant see then fitting in that well. Good idea though :D
jack607

[quote=""Fury""]I don't think they have enough thrill rides. Most of the rides are family orientated, and only a few are truly etreme.

Thrilling- Nemesis, Oblivion, Ripsaw
Family Thrill- Duel, Blade, Runaway Train, Rapisd, Flume, Hex, Spinball, Corkscrew, Black Hole, Enterprise, Submission.
Family, Storybookland, Cred Street and Old Mcdonalds farm.

So a boost at either ends wouldn't go a miss soon :mrgreen:[/quote]

I agree with that actually, but maybe they fall down to that catagory after you ride it for the first time. As a lot of people say the Ride is tame after your first Ride, I think it should vary between Thrilling and Family Thrills.

So this brings me to the point of a Ride that is quite fun, and won't make you throw up, but is thrilling enough to make it thrilling. (e.g- Gyro Swing: Gives lots of air time and excitement but has high G-forces and high up which gives people second thoughts about height)

So if Alton Towers installs something like a Gyro Swing, it should settle things a bit.