What Element of a ride do you like the most?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Martin

I love the drops on Th13teen and the backwards section.
But the one I look forward to the most is the 2nd air time hill on The Smiler. I just love it :D
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
fillc85

The transition between Nemesis helix and zero g roll gets me every time, gracefully smooth while doing brake neck speed.

And the drop sequence tower of terror in Disney Studios just for the fact its random will you drop? Or will you shoot up?
Luce

I also like elements on coasters that get close to the ground such as the fly to lie section of Air :)
ponder

- Air-time hills, particularly if the coaster has lap-bars.
- Straight drops - essential on floorless coasters as it gets the wind under your legs. But in general, I've always preferred straight drops to curved drops.
- Zero-G rolls, no explanation needed.
Towers jamie

Ive always loved a cobra roll on an invert [emoji108]
Count-Vonduel

I have this odd love of slow scenic sections on coasters such as the part between the tunnel and the station on RMT or the very first part of Th13teen before the lift hill.
Altontowersbarlow

Dive Loops are my favourite elements however I also love Airtime Hills. They work effectively on The Smiler as they add a moment of high intensity within the labyrinth of inversions.
Jason_101

hanging over the black hole and waiting to drop on oblivion ..breathtaking ...literally.. :yes:
BobCat1980

being upside down on air or the Oblivion hang time
JustWill

Air: helix above picnic benches
Oblivion: holding break
Smiler: batwing part 2
Rita: 2nd helix
Nemesis: don't really like any of it :-$
TheBeast

How can you say the TMIwill? I love Nemesis! ;) I love cobra rolls and the heartline rolls of Colossus (yeah, I know its not Alton Towers, but I dont really care) and I love the complex theming behind each ride
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
nemefan08

I have to say, my favourite elements are nemesis` helix, the smiler airtime hill or oblivions last turn.
JustWill

TheBeast wrote:How can you say the TMIwill? I love Nemesis! ;)
Well then, we must be chalk and cheese! :lol
Morgan

I REALLY like Air's big drop and fly-to-lie. The way you get flung onto your back... And when you assume the position when your body falls into the restraint!
I also love RMT's helix that goes into the tunnel. Always a great rush!
NemesisRider

I love the Smiler's dive loops, Nemmy's last corkscrew because you feel like you will be smashed into something and Raging Bulls twister section. You practical lean to the side and almost touch the ground.

Also, The Swarm's first drop is unbelievable, it tops X flight' s by miles.
Ripsaw Raver

Nemesis drop into the first wingover
Airs Fly to Lie
Smilers final 2 barrel rolls
--
Reverse Launch-Superman Escape From Krypton
Loop Hangtime -Full Throttle
X2 Both Raven Turns
---
Dueling Dragons(refuse to go by HP standards) Pyrock/FireDragon Inverted Airtime hill and Immelman into helix
Hulks Lift Launch

to name a few
DeanGaryCox

I love the sensation of speed... So any ride really, but think that's why I enjoy Rita a lot as it keeps the speed well.

Helixes/tight corners, Nemesis after the first inversion, and Nemesis Inferno right at the end - these 2 are my top 2 rides in the UK! Swarm deserves a mention as well as I started to grey out on it!

Airtime, which unfortunately my favourite 2 don't really have any of... Stealth is amazing for air time, I also love 13 on the back row, as well as the airtime hill on Saw & Speed (Colossus's is okay, as well as the Smiler but doesn't really eject you from your seat), Rita and most wooden coasters that I've been on are pretty decent.

Sudden changes of direction to near misses... The two for me are Nemesis just into the 2nd inversion, and on Air (even though I don't like the ride much as it's uncomfortable) I love the section where you're on your back and go back round to on your front just as you go through the tunnel which is always a great feeling especially on the outsides when you think you're so close.
lucozade

Air time & extreme speed (g's)
inFusion

GateKeeper's wing over drop definitely.
TheOutpatient

I like the tunnel part of oblivion. It turns it from a standard dive coaster into something more special. I also like the orange lights at the beginning of The Smiler and Th13teens drop track.