General Community News & Feedback

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Altontowersbarlow

I would like to take this time to say what a great community Towers Times has grown to become. When I joined this forum I expected to be only interested in Alton Towers and the theme park side of the forum and not in any other topic  and I certainly did not expect to be part of a community of people who are interested in the same things. The shout box is one of the greatest parts of the forum and I think that just shows off what a great community that Towers Times is. The moderators always do their best to keep everything running smoothly but yet still treat everyone like they are a valued member which is a fantastic thing too do. This does not apply to me, however I know that some members facing a tough time can talk to people who like things they like and talk to the moderators and it must make them so happy to feel they fit in. There are many other things that I could say but this is mainly what I wanted to say.
Thank You
ATB

Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish777

I completely agree with all of this, and especially the bit about there's always someone to talk to.
Though, it's very annoying when my posts don't display until a mod has seen it cos I can do quick count without the games stopping  :lol:
lf2001

I agree too, Towers Times is great! Everyone on the forum is always nice, and its really nice to have discussions with people that have the same interests as you. There's always topics to post in if you feel down, and everyone always cheers you up!  :)
Burniel

All of the above - a fantastic community!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
bensaund

Since to site upgrade, the news section is now off the first page as you have to scroll down to see the latest news.

I know if does not sound like much, but it means that I miss any news posted on the site and I only catch it when you put it on Facebook.

Just some feedback if you want to adjust the front page at some point.
If you go down to the woods today
Rob
Admin
Admin

bensaund wrote: Since to site upgrade, the news section is now off the first page as you have to scroll down to see the latest news.

I know if does not sound like much, but it means that I miss any news posted on the site and I only catch it when you put it on Facebook.

Just some feedback if you want to adjust the front page at some point.
News is still on the home page in the middle of the page.
bensaund

Yes I know but I never see it is what I was saying.
Adz
Admin
Admin

I get what you're saying however it's not really any different from the previous TowersTimes. If anything it's a lot quicker to access the news now as we've removed the map and a few advertising links from the top in this version.

Failing that, there's a news link in the navigation bar or you could simply scroll down the extra inch or so!

The entire new version of TowersTimes is very much a work in progress at the moment so things are likely to change some more over the coming weeks/months! Please continue with feedback as it's a big help.
Jared

It's not responsive... ;)
bensaund

The people or the site?  :D
Dom

Have you ever thought about running the odd competition?

I mean you wouldn't have to give cash brought prizes. I mean you could the odd comp to win other stuff, forum related. Off the top of my head prizes could be, be a mod for a day, or winner gets to write the next news article for example
Last edited by Dom on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel

Pizzazz wrote: Have you ever thought about running the odd competition?
I agree, the only competition is QMi's quizzes, which are great but only happen once in a blue moon, and I have also noticed that people are starting to go off quizzes.

I am fully supportive of TT competitions, even if it is just for fun
Lee

Ilovecoasters wrote:
I agree, the only competition is QMi's quizzes, which are great but only happen once in a blue moon, and I have also noticed that people are starting to go off quizzes.

It's something we can look into. However, the site is ran voluntarily and as such any prizes would come directly from the team, meaning a financial contribution.
Dom

Lee wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote:

It's something we can look into. However, the site is ran voluntarily and as such any prizes would come directly from the team, meaning a financial contribution.
just edited original post
Burniel

Just for fun is fine - and some of the prizes Dom have suggested sound quite cool, especially mod for the day!

If I'm honest, I've always found that physical prizes are quite annoying, as you end up paying loads in postage to send a gift to someone half way across the country.
Dom

Prizes can be anything, and a shot in the dark here, but if TT want to do a competition to try it out, i am willing to pay for the first prize, that is if a paid prize is what is needed
Last edited by Dom on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bensaund

Maybe Alton Towers may donate 2 free tickets, photo pass or 2 Smiler Fast Tracks if we asked very nicely?

Any competition where a prize of value should be restricted to TT members only.  Any just for fun should be open to all.
Deejay

We do occasionally run competitions on social media like the 'Scary Story' competition before the halloween event!
Adz
Admin
Admin

The Alton Towers Resort would not provide any prizes as they have a rule of treating all fansites equally - giving special treatment to one in the way of prizes is not something they would do. Any prizes we would give out in any form of competition would have to come out of the teams pocket, which as this site runs at a major loss would be hard to justify as a regular thing.

"Mod for a day" would never happen for a lot of reasons. The TowersTimes Team is built upon trust as well as suitability for the role - It is not and will never be a position to give away for the day as this would seriously undermine the entire team structure.

As it seems to be a fairly popular idea we will have a discussion about competitions and see if its something we can introduce in some form in the future. Though I cannot promise it will be implemented at this stage.
bensaund

Well thats put a downer on it :-(