General Community News & Feedback

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Count-Vonduel

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
Would there be a reasonable way to implement a feature to the shout box in which, you can post a picture like mods do but it gets held back until a mod reviews and approves the picture?
Would there be a way to implement that without forcing a mod to drop whatever they are doing every 5 sec?
Robert.W

I have a bit of feedback, based on my own experience using this, as well as other forums. :)

Shoutbox improvements.
• The ability for regular TTSP Members to use bold and italic text.
• The ability for regular TTSP Members to mention / reply to another user using @[username] with bold text in the corresponding member colour.
• The ability for regular TTSP Members to "like" and quote text by other users.
• The ability for regular TTSP Members to post photographs and other media.
• The ability for regular TTSP Membefs to use coloured text.
• Receive an alert if you are mentioned by another user in the Shoutbox.

Forum improvements.
• Reintroduce a "like" system of some sort to make it easier for users to let people know they like or agree with what someone has said without typing out an entire message to do so.
• Introduce a way to mention / tag other users using @[username] in regular forum posts, without quoting their last post.
• Alerts when users "like" one of your posts and alerts if you are mentioned / tagged in another users post.
• More emojis? Possibly a way for users to request specific emojis to be added to the forum?
• Easier media embedding..? Is this even enabled on TTSP?? If so, it would be easier to be able to just post a link e.g., a tweet or Facebook post, and for it to automatically embed itself rather than using code to do the same thing. 

Thanks in advance. :)

Adz
Admin
Admin

Hello!
Apologies for the delay in responding, as you can imagine it's been rather frenetic with our event planning recently! Thanks for the suggestions, I'll address what I can here;
Shoutbox improvements.
• The ability for regular TTSP Members to use bold and italic text.
• The ability for regular TTSP Members to mention / reply to another user using @[username] with bold text in the corresponding member colour.
• The ability for regular TTSP Members to "like" and quote text by other users.
• The ability for regular TTSP Members to post photographs and other media.
• The ability for regular TTSP Membefs to use coloured text.
• Receive an alert if you are mentioned by another user in the Shoutbox.
Most of these features are available to our Community Advocates and Team. The reasoning for this is that we want to keep the shoutbox as distraction free as possible and to focus primarily on the discussion. There is further development planned in regards to the notification system but this is tied in with an upcoming system update. 
Forum improvements.
• Reintroduce a "like" system of some sort to make it easier for users to let people know they like or agree with what someone has said without typing out an entire message to do so.
• Introduce a way to mention / tag other users using @[username] in regular forum posts, without quoting their last post.
• Alerts when users "like" one of your posts and alerts if you are mentioned / tagged in another users post.
• More emojis? Possibly a way for users to request specific emojis to be added to the forum?
• Easier media embedding..? Is this even enabled on TTSP?? If so, it would be easier to be able to just post a link e.g., a tweet or Facebook post, and for it to automatically embed itself rather than using code to do the same thing.
Almost all of these features are coming in a future system update. Unfortunately I cannot give a time frame on this. :)
I hope that helps!
jackf1tz

I understand why some of the Shoutbox improvements Robert listed above are limited to the CA's and Team Members, but what about editing our Shoutbox posts? I've noticed a lot of people having to post multiple messages just to correct mistakes in their previous posts, so the editing feature would definitely increase the quality of discussion in the SB.
Adz
Admin
Admin

jackf1tz wrote:I understand why some of the Shoutbox improvements Robert listed above are limited to the CA's and Team Members, but what about editing our Shoutbox posts? I've noticed a lot of people having to post multiple messages just to correct mistakes in their previous posts, so the editing feature would definitely increase the quality of discussion in the SB.
The issue with this is people could edit their posts to be something completely different to what was originally said. With regular forum posts we have a way to look back at what the original message was, but with the Shoutbox no such ability exists should any issues arise. It is something I'll bear in mind for the next system update. :)
Robert.W

Awesome, thank you for replying Adz! :)

Dungeon-X-Smile

I love the new avatar update!! It's really awesome! 
Chris
Admin
Admin

Thanks, glad you like :)

We'll shortly adjust the ranking bar to match the new avatar size.
Nutty Man

Hiya,
There are two main improvements I would love to see to happen in the forum if posssible:
1. Bigger pixel limit.
I would love to see a bigger pixel size for avatars, so we can get more of an image in the actual avatar. I have previously tried to put avatars in, but had to end up drastically sizing them down so they fit. It would be great to see this if possible.
2.A TTSP app!
I have tried to previously make apps before, and I know how much time, effort and money it takes to put website onto the AppStore, but I think it would be a great next step. It would allow you to get notifications on your phone for P.M's, posts on forums your subscribed to and posts in the shout box. It would also give easier access to the forum, as you wouldn't have to go into google all the time and search it up.
What do people think about the above ideas?
NM
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
JC13

I love this idea, and would definitely like this to happen, but I don’t know if it would be possible. Let’s hope this can happen!
Justin

Thank you for your suggestions. Of course we will consider your feedback :)
Robert.W

Can I ask, will there be a multi quote feature in the next system update? TTSP is the only forum I know that doesn't have this feature, but it'd be super useful if it was introduced. 

Justin

We made changes to the forum earlier this year, however, we are always looking for ways to improve. Part of this involves rolling out new features. While it may not be included in our next update, we will keep this in mind :)
Dungeon-X-Smile

Is there ever going to be another tug of war? That was so much fun and I loved it so much! It was such a brilliant idea!
Justin

We'll look into it, but it will need to be reworked as we no longer have CA members :)

Watch this space! ;)