Enchanted Village

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TomL

I think the shop will just be in a small section of the reception area, a bit like in the hotels. The application shows the location of each play area but not what they contain. They are located in the yellow patches.

gmonster

Anymore updates or news on the Enchanted Village?
Owen

TomL wrote:I think the shop will just be in a small section of the reception area, a bit like in the hotels. The application shows the location of each play area but not what they contain. They are located in the yellow patches.

The shop is a separate building to the crooked spoon restaurant and reception :)
So the shop is basically the same size as 2 lodges together
And basically yes, but without the two doors, and with what I believe to be a green shutter possibly for a large door or window :)
Capt.Barnacles

Not sure if this has already been said but IMAScore announced today on Facebook that they are providing area music for the Enchanted Village and Tree Top Quest :)
Michelle

Brilliant news :D
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Latest photo from Tatenhill Aviation.

Morgan

Forget the small print: this is the world's largest children's book: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A photo album from The Sentinel of the Enchanted Village, including the interior of the Crooked Spoon Restaurant.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Blue Forest, the company who designed and constructed the Luxury Treehouses, have a few images of the treehouses' interiors on their website. To me they feel like they're lacking in something to give a true enchanted feel to them - maybe it's all the white.

NemesisRider

I think one of the things I'm most excited for about this project is the music, IMAscore always do great work and their work on the "Magische Vallei" at Toverland (which might be slightly similar to this) has been very well received.

And they had to slip in a World Record didn't they... :lol
gmonster

I agree that the tree houses are lacking something and agree its too white inside. Im glad we are staying in a lodge, even tho they are smaller; they look more enchanted inside with addition of the Hobbit like front door which the tree houses have not got.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I've also noticed that there are now some photos on the Alton Towers website. I think the bookcase door is a nice feature and I would liked to have seen more similarly quirky things, and I'm also more fond of the cosier looking living room in the second image.

Danny

They do look amazing, and when shared between a group it's fairly good value I'd say.
Although I understand, there's just something lacking. Too much white can give an empty and plain feel. They done such a good job of the lodges having that cosy feel, and I think some wallpaper and theming wouldn't go a miss on those walls and ceilings, just to tie in with the theme of the enchanted village. But a firm 7.9/10 :lol
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Crooked Spoon menu is now available online.
gee

Just thought I'd mention Alton towers have been adding a few pics of the village on their snap chat story. If your on snap chat add Alton-towers you get a few good off season/behind the scenes pictures from the resort
Stan.H

lewis97 wrote:The Crooked Spoon menu is now available online.
Looks good, on Theme Park Worldwides twitter or facebook you can see the burger - that's themed!! They dye the bun a plastic red colour (i suppose it's supposed to be a mushroom/toadstool).
cookiee_munster

there's nothing enchanted about it at all.

it looks more contemporary than anything, which is what they should have stuck with in the first place without going with a half hearted attempt at making it look "magical"
Dan

I'm not sure whether this has already been discussed, but it appears that the Enchanted Village will only be a seasonal option for accommodation.

Unlike ATH and Splash (which are open all year round) the Enchanted Village will only be open during the theme park season. I noticed this on the AT Twitter feed a few weeks ago but didn't think to screenshot the tweet.

What do people think?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

After tweeting AT to clarify, they confirmed that currently the Enchanted Village will only be open during the theme park season. The wording of the response seems to suggest that this may change but nonetheless that's the way it is for the time being.

Although it seems like an odd move, it probably makes sense commercially as they'd probably struggle to fill the hotels and the village when the theme park's closed. I guess there's also the fact that they don't see it as being as much of an attractive place to stay during the winter months. I can't imagine how bleak the village will look during closed season from the ATH though.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

We've now updated the Enchanted Village section of our site with lots of new photos of the entire development :)