Enchanted Village

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Braders2010

I love the concept of the Enchanted Village. Alton Towers posted earlier today the 2015 TV Advert featuring the new Enchanted Village. If the finished product turns out like how it is shown in the video - it will be a really nice place to stay!

Link: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cannot wait for it to open. Does anybody know if you will be allowed to walk around the village if you are not staying there as a guest?
bensaund

The advert looks very theatrical. Have you read the comments under the video, there seems to be a theme here. Price! With many people quoting they can go abroad cheaper.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

But that's in regards to the Luxury Treehouses which are the resort's premium accommodation offering. When you remind yourself that they sleep up to 8 people for that price, the cost per head is justifiable when comparing to other rooms at the resort and are also in-line with the equivalent accommodation at places like Center Parcs. The Woodland Lodges are fairly reasonably priced, so I don't think there's too much of an issue to be made there.
bensaund

Yes and last year it was cheaper for me to have a week in Lanzarote over Christmas than go to Centre Parks for 4 days. I took the cheaper and more exotic option.

However if people are prepared to pay these prices, good luck to them and I hope they have a great time, I for one will keep the purse strings tight as I can't see these as value for money IMO.
Zach

I don't see what all the fuss is about, it is the premium offering and more aimed at groups of friends or parties where you'd probably all split the price, that way it becomes a hell of a lot cheaper per night, but it's not the only option at the resort so you can't really complain. Not everyone can afford every experience there has to be some ladder of pricing for different experiences :) if your working to a budget splash if your group of mates looking for one off good time get yourselves a tree house I mean it does come with private hot tub that pretty fricken sweet! I mean I know I once complain the AT hotel and splash were a little pricey compared to say a B&B or travel lodge not far away but that was before I stayed there, and once I had I realised you get what you pay for and the experience was so worth it, I loved it and continue to go back because of the atmosphere so I guess I'm trying to say don't knock it till you've tried it! Although at £800 it's a pretty big risk ;)
Rob
Admin
Admin

MI7 has posted construction images from the air:

http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... e5#p813562" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cookiee_munster

not really a fan. they look like little lego houses just plonked down next to each other. i thought the idea of giving the roofs that twisted and magical look was a nice little touch, but when each house looks exactly the same, it just comes off as a bit cheap and tacky.

they really should have gone with a more contemporary camping pod route instead. ah well.
haydn!

I have to agree. The fact that every cabin looks identical is a little disappointing, plus that awful yellowish covering! Where is all the fancy wood cladding from the concept artwork?.

But even more worryingly, is how open and exposed the whole area is. I know they'll likely do some landscaping when the bulk of cabin construction is finished, but they're going to need a tonne of trees to create something that even remotely resembles a secluded Enchanted Forest!
Ladyofthelake

haydn! wrote:
But even more worryingly, is how open and exposed the whole area is. I know they'll likely do some landscaping when the bulk of cabin construction is finished, but they're going to need a tonne of trees to create something that even remotely resembles a secluded Enchanted Forest!
There is still a long way to go before we see the finished product. The area will look open and exposed at the moment as there is still major construction work happening so they can't really add any of the smaller details until this is complete.

The inclusion of planting and vegetation is part of the conditions of this development being granted consent so it is likely we will see a significant amount of planting in the final stages of construction. Many of the plants that will be included also won't be able to be added until the spring (March/April) due to their natural growth cycle. A balance needs to be struck between including enough planting to create the desired effect, but not so much that it starts to cause issues or is too much to maintain.

Don't forget that this is a long term investment too - alot of the planting that will be put in place will be designed to grow and develop over the years and so will most likely take a few years to establish itself fully.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Tatenhill Aviation posted this photo on their Facebook.

NemesisRider

It looks like a great development so far! I quite like that the lodges aren't massively more than Splash, they will be not too bad for price and unique...
Ladyofthelake

Things certainly seem to be moving along with this development now. There has been landscaping and planting in the first cluster by the hotel, and lots of work on the treehouses. It really seems to be a decent looking addition to the resort :)

There's a breakdown of the latest progress on TowersTimes news plus the full photo update on the construction page
Owen

Every update makes me more excited to stay there in April! Good work AT :D
Dom

Is the 'treehouse' with the 'spire' just a normal treehouse or will it be EV version of the themed rooms? The reason i ask is because it is so different in appearance than the others.
Ladyofthelake

Each of the treehouses will vary slightly in design I believe. When you go onto the booking site you can choose which treehouse you would like.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

There are 3 different designs of tree house - 2 of two of the designs and one of the other design.
Sentri558

I've just booked August 2015 in the enchanted village and I'm hoping it's what I expect (it was decent value but I'm scared of all the screaming tots 'n todlers
Air15

New extended advert about the enchanted village and tree top quest, it announces that tree top quest opens the end of may(think it said end of May not to sure)
Owen

Air15 wrote:New extended advert about the enchanted village and tree top quest, it announces that tree top quest opens the end of may(think it said end of May not to sure)
It says May 2015 :)
gmonster

We booked for 14 September. Cant wait and hope it will be quiet....i hope :)