No new rides for 2015?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
CJH

So Alton Towers have announced the enchanted village.
They need to think of making the park actually able to fill a couple of days etc. Yes I went early season, but had done everythig multiple times and left by 2pm, I couldnt see the need for me to ever stay.

Yes more accommodation is a great new investment, but focus on the park to getting it to a multiple day attraction.

The waterpark while good isn't enough for me to warrant a stay.

Especially after removing one of the not so many flat rides this season.

I feel the park needs to look at
A) Entertainment area, restaurants, cinema, bowling, bars etc
B) More filler rides, flat rides, dark rides etc
C) A longer opening season

Before any more accommodation is put in this is what needs to be sorted.

Can anyone see this plus a few flat rides?
Or maybe we will see Ripsaw die at the end of this season making it even worse.
Danny

I am in part agreement. I think when compared to other parks, AT really need to step up their game and improve their attractions. However AT is a multi day park during peak times. It would be near impossible to do every ride in one day, especially when there are new attractions in that year. With the addition of Cbeebies Land this year I'm sure from the end of May onwards the park will be very busy. As it's a family attraction many families will want to stay over as a mini getaway for the kids.

However I do understand that part of the season, everything can be done in the first half of the day. This is why the opening hours are how they are.

More flats, a small investments on rides and attractions please AT!
stealthsmiler

I agree, although with me it is more to do with the price of the hotel. If it were cheaper, I would stay 2 nights, so I don't have to get up early and can relax afterwards. Arrive the day before going in the park and do golf and the waterpark. Then go in the park. Then go in the park for a few hours and leave when I'm ready.

I think that the problem with making two whole days in the theme park worth it is that there isn't enough filler attractions. AT needs to get lots more flats as well as more show type attractions for older guests. A short 4D horror movie would be brilliant, especially if it ended with a short maze like N:ST (only with people actually there to scare you).
Cookie Monster

I would love to see a filler attraction for 2015 and possibly 2016 because there is a lack of flats at the park. A new coaster every 3 years, in my opinion, can get a little boring. We will predict that AT will just bring out a new coaster.
Jevaaaans

I do feel there is a chance there may be SOME kind of new attraction for 2015. Considering it's a Medium Investment year from the cycle, there is a chance there could be something else alongside the Enchanted Village. Since we got Sub-Terra and Ice Age back in 2012?

Regardless, the park has been a two day event the each time I've went peak season. I went with my friend for a day during peak season last year and we barely made it round, and that was only doing The Smiler, Blivvy, Nemmy, 13 and Air!
RCandrew

The 'park' is something that 2 days can be spent on, especially in summer. But what I found when I went was that I done the theme park one day and it closed at 6, and then i was excited to go the next day to do rides I hadn't managed to do... The problem though was what to do that night after the park... Dinner, and the entertainment was good but for 2 nights or more it would be good to have bowling, maybe a cinema or a nice rink type thing in the hotel area. A big complex with some of these things would be great actually and would definitely attract more people to stay in the actual AT hotel! :) even opening the park later would be good! Or the pool, we had to leave the park at 4 the first day just so we could use our 2 day ticket for the waterpark and that closed at 6 and it'd be good to do them both in the same day easily, not rushing! So like the waterpark could definitely open until like 7 ready for people to then go get dinner! :)
Cookie Monster

RCandrew wrote: So like the waterpark could definitely open until like 7 ready for people to then go get dinner! :)
AT could implement a hotel guest session. This means the guests could use the pool between 5-8 maybe.
RCandrew

Cookie Monster wrote:
RCandrew wrote: So like the waterpark could definitely open until like 7 ready for people to then go get dinner! :)
AT could implement a hotel guest session. This means the guests could use the pool between 5-8 maybe.
Yeah that would be good, even if they closed the outdoor part it'd still be worth it :)
Tom170499

RCandrew wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:
Yeah that would be good, even if they closed the outdoor part it'd still be worth it :)

The waterpark has been open till 8 for most of April
RCandrew

Sounds good :) I went in July and the waterpark closed at 5 and thempark 6, wasn't very practical for doing both :lol
Luviico

If you start adding cinemas and bowling etc then you are turning AT into a kind of holiday park. It is a theme park! therefore AT should concentrate on adding more quality new rides and attractions. I think a few more flats are certainly needed! we keep losing them and not getting replacements which is a loss for the park and I see Ripsaw going at the end of the 2015 season too (I can't see it going this season due to already losing Submission). If AT start concentrating on other areas then they are going to lose touch with what brings people to the park in the first place COASTERS!
RCandrew

It is a theme park but it is also a resort :) that's why I think first should come the new flat rides and updated themes and lands, then some attractions at the same time as the enchanted village for hotel guests outside park times!
Jammydodger

They need to stop with the rides and start with the entertainment already. I recently went to Phantasialand which has almost half the rides of Alton Towers, and yet spent the whole day there without getting a go on everything. This was all down to the sheer amount of shows going on.

At this point I truly think the park is at a 1 in 1 out point for rides. Behind the scenes there will most definitely be a point where operationally it wouldn't be financially viable to run X amount of rides at one time, and they're nearing that limit.

In my opinion they should spend some time and money researching average dwell time. The more time people spend in the park, the more money they're spending. What do people want, other than rides, and how can that be delivered in a cost efficient way?
stealthsmiler

When I went BPB last week they had shows and dances in NL and the entrance, it was brilliant and is what AT is lacking, especially in the entrance where people are queuing to get in.
wakey1512

I'd like to see airs track cleaned up a bit.

Next time your in the queue take a look at the track in the station. It's immaculate because it's under cover. It would be nice to see the rest of the track in this condition
Sr88

As much as I think that entertainment would be cool, the majority of people go to Alton Towers to go on the rides, and if they wanted entertaining one would probably go elsewhere. I personally would much rather investment new rides rather than entertainment. Plus I doubt that entertainment would give as great a marketing opportunity than a new ride, so there is more money to be made by Merlin by investing in new rides.
Alton13Nemesis

You'll see a new ride next year, believe me, think a particular area, near a certain spinning coaster (reliable source)

the manufacturer...zamperla
RCandrew

Alton13Nemesis wrote:You'll see a new ride next year, believe me, think a particular area, near a certain spinning coaster (reliable source)

the manufacturer...zamperla
How do you know :-s ?
Alton13Nemesis

A "source", not sure how reliable it is, mind. I reckon its reliable anyway.
Burniel

Alton13Nemesis wrote:A "source", not sure how reliable it is, mind. I reckon its reliable anyway.
Very few people will believe you if you don't give us a source for us to check out ourselves.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.