No new rides for 2015?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Alex

Just about as effective as saying my source said there is going to be a new flat ride in the gloomy wood manufactured by Zierer. No one can disprove what I've said as its a matter of opinion.

As a 16 year old im intrigued how you have these so called "sources".

In addition you contradict yourself in those two posts
Alton13Nemesis wrote:You'll see a new ride next year, believe me, think a particular area, near a certain spinning coaster (reliable source)

the manufacturer...zamperla
Alton13Nemesis wrote:A "source", not sure how reliable it is, mind. I reckon its reliable anyway.
stealthsmiler

isn't a flat ride near a certain 14 inversion coaster more likely as AT have confirmed themselves that it will be redeveloped soon. Plus with a lot of ATs current flats nearing the end of their lives, wont they be more likely to be replaced first also.
Burniel

Definitely want to see a flat next year :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Rob
Admin
Admin

stealthsmiler wrote:isn't a flat ride near a certain 14 inversion coaster more likely as AT have confirmed themselves that it will be redeveloped soon. Plus with a lot of ATs current flats nearing the end of their lives, wont they be more likely to be replaced first also.
If Alton Towers current drive to spread guests around the resort is anything to go by then it is very doubtful we will see another attraction added to X-Sector for a couple of years.
Alton13Nemesis wrote:You'll see a new ride next year, believe me, think a particular area, near a certain spinning coaster (reliable source)

the manufacturer...zamperla
Alton13Nemesis wrote:A "source", not sure how reliable it is, mind. I reckon its reliable anyway.
Either a source is reliable or it isn't. If you are not 100% percent certain then it's not worth opening yourself up for criticism when what you have said is going to happen doesn't.
stealthsmiler

But didnt AT confirm on FB or Twitter that they developing the plot soon.
Ladyofthelake

stealthsmiler wrote:But didnt AT confirm on FB or Twitter that they developing the plot soon.

They have mentioned that there will be 'future development' in the area, however this could be 2015, or it could be much later. We could spend a long time trying to second guess when in the future it will be, the best thing we can do is wait and see :)
KatangaZebra

*reads the posts in this topic*

*depressed face*
definedancing

All in good time. I hope when they decide to build a new coaster, sufficient time is spent on development and construction after the shambolic episode that was The Smiler.
Dannyski

I could imagine them getting a 'disc o coaster' - didn't they put one in at Chessington? Seems likely Merlin would have done a 'bulk order' to save a few quid
Tom

Dannyski wrote:I could imagine them getting a 'disc o coaster' - didn't they put one in at Chessington? Seems likely Merlin would have done a 'bulk order' to save a few quid
With a 5 year delay? Highly unlikely.

Plus they aren't that great to be honest.
TheBeast

I think there are a lot of new standing rides to come. Take a look at the Alton Towers 2010-2019 development plan (http://www.towersstreet.com/future/long ... ment-plan/ is the site I used). If you think about it, the removals are being done to free up space. What has Alton Towers biggest restriction been? Lack of usable space for expansion. Put two and two.together, what do you get? A whole lot of new standing rides to replace the removals.
The development plan suggests four "medium to high" attractions will also be erected. Presume the Blade and Ripsaw both are removed, then they are making three replacements (if they replace Submission at all- I dont think they will) and one new ride will be made. On top of Secret Weapons 8 and 9, which potentially could take up the spaces of the old removals
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
JustWill

I'm no expert but...

Nemesis opened in 1994
Oblivion opened in 1998
Air opened in 2002
----gap + rita----
Thirteen 2010
Smiler 2013
SW8 2016
----gap------
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

See a pattern.
TheBeast

Hey TMIwill, welcome to Towerstimes. Everyone over on the SW8 forum are looking at 2016 and 2019 for the next two new rrollercoasters
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
lucozade

They are. But they don't know for sure. £ is the reason for new rides and smiler failed to hit the parks attendance projections.