New Land Ideas

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Coasterfellow

Here you can put forward your ideas for New lands or land re-themes/story changes that you would like to see at Alton Towers.
Last edited by Coasterfellow on Thu May 01, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)
RCandrew

I don't know if this is new or not, but
if SW8 goes behind air it could be some sort of 'paradise' ride, or a ride that is supposed to take you to paradise (say a wing rider or mega lite I don't know!) and then down the other side beside nemesis could be the alien taking over etc.
So basically forbiden valley is split into two parts, but still really one as it just develops from the worse, alien place to the safe, paradise place, get me? So it could be people are escaping the monster via air, into a paradise! Or the paradise has been taken over by nemesis, and air is trying to stop it and take people away!
Quite confusing, I know, but I just came up with it in my head :lol: :)
Coasterfellow

That's a great idea! I was thinking of something similar. I thought that air could be a way for people to view the nemesis creature. Perhaps it could be another branch of phalanx. The forbidden valley could be split into two halves. One side being the nemesis creature, that has been contained away from civilization and then air and the surrounding area could be a modern civilization. :)
Owen

I had a very similar idea a while back! But it would consist if a a large sign saying 'you are now entering forbidden oasis' on one side and 'you are now entering the forbidden valley, a phallax facility'
Coasterfellow

The forbidden valley is the area of the park that i feel has to be most improved. However it is one of my favourite lands in the parks. It just need a clear story line that ties in air with nemesis. At the moment air is just a good roller coaster with not such a good theme.
Justin

Air is a cool ride, however it could receive a retheme.
Instantly what comes to mind is an army base, fighting against Nemisis. Riders are recruited and initiated into Project A I R. They are strapped into military technology (jet packs?), riders then fight for the cause.

As much as I love Air, it would be nice if it had a repaint. It could be painted camouflage.
Coasterfellow

Yeah that would be cool. However the track layout doesn't interact with nemesis enough to be battling it. However I do like the idea of phalanx. They could be letting normal people get an airial view of the creature like how they let people see the eggs! :)
Justin

The theaming of Nemesis could extend. Eggs would be good and this would tie in with Sub Terra!
Coasterfellow

And there could be parts of the creature coming out of the ground!
Justin

Merlin should employ us :D
Dom

I personally feel that they should go backwards to go forwards with a land. I think they should bring back Ug Land but make it bigger and better
Coasterfellow

Dom wrote:I personally feel that they should go backwards to go forwards with a land. I think they should bring back Ug Land but make it bigger and better
:D That's a great idea! I would love to see Ugland again but where would it be put though. The dark forest certainly isn't going to change back. However, they could put it on the site of adventure land once the sega contract ends. This if very unlikely though because Cbeebies land will all most certainely expand there with a couple of flat rides and a family coaster.
RCandrew

I don't know where they have space :lol but yeah a new Ugland would be really good for a not so kiddy family land if you get me :lol because ceebebies land etc are for a lot of younger people and x sector, forbidden valley etc, They're for older! And Even the dark forest doesn't appeal to kids that much... Does it? So some flats and maybe a family coaster like the corkscrew but newer, with maybe a couple inversions but still a lower height restriction like thirteen (but aimed at younger people to... :lol) this would be a new land that everyone can still enjoy.. Like I would, yet me and my friends aren't exactly going to go to ceebebies land every time we visit :lol :) it's sort of something in between for everyone!
stealthsmiler

Here is what I would like to see for FV.

It could be renamed around something to do with Phalanx. Nemesis and Sub Terra would remain the same and the new flats that replace the Blade and Ripsaw could be training for new Phalanx workers. Air would be rethemed around the baby monster from N:ST. After hatching and causing havoc in its building, it escaped. It was then surrounded in the middle or Air. Rather than restrain it like they did the mother, they are just going to kill it, for the safety of mankind. Air's entrance could be like an army recruitment centre, recruiting people the fight against the monster. The TV screens in the queue would show videos on what they have to do, the risks involved etc, and should give the impression that the riders will die, without overtly saying it. At the station riders are strapped into Phalanx's secret weapon and sent off to kill the monster. The riders queuing for Air shouldn't be able to see into the station. Rather than gates, there would be doors. They would then enter to see an empty train (which has the appearance of blood etc), giving the impression that the previous riders failed to kill the monster and they have died, hence why the coaster carries on fighting the beast, it never wins.
Sr88

Wouldn't mind seeing X-Sector be rethemed to the Smiler's theme. I think the current theme is tired and needs changing, and now would be a good chance with the arrival of the rollercoaster, and possible both flat rides being replaced.

I think it would be good if there were to be a less heavily themed, more casual sort of section.

New possible areas could be the Air car park (cannot see that happening too soon though), and maybe the area around the Flume could be divided into its own section.

Better, quicker access to Katanga Canyon would be good too, as much as I enjoy the walk, it does take forever to go there and back, although this, I guess, isn't really possible.
RCandrew

Sorry but am I the only one that wouldn't like The Smilers theme as the whole land?? I don't really get it as it is.. It's too complicated :-k though I do like the theme for the rollercoaster because it works well! I just think it would be too much if it became the whole theme 8-[
Sr88

RCandrew wrote:Sorry but am I the only one that wouldn't like The Smilers theme as the whole land?? I don't really get it as it is.. It's too complicated :-k though I do like the theme for the rollercoaster because it works well! I just think it would be too much if it became the whole theme 8-[
I see what you mean, but I think the whole overly complicated craziness is what makes it a great theme for a land ;) Because it makes no sense! :P
RCandrew

That how it works for The Smiler because of the crazy track :lol but the rest of the land is simple :)
stealthsmiler

I also think MOJ could work really well as a theme for the whole land if AT sorta solidified the theme with the GP. I personally think it needs a lab-ish theme to go with the testing bit whilst having way to much security. I really wish Enterprise would last a bit longer and get a giant hypno disk put on it. Oblivion I would love to get a refurbish and a slight retheme (it was early testing but after being ineffective, MOJ modified the test to be the way of disposing failed advocates, the modifications would include a tunnel over the back of Oblivion and new floorless trains with one row facing backwards hopefully bringing back a slightly bigger queue, however it isn't exactly unpopular.

I would love Mutiny Bay to be extended into the flumes area as I think it is a brilliant theme that could work really well if a good story was put behind it.

CCL needs some TLC and restoring to CCL.

The Dark Forest should be extended to include Hex.

I think Adventure Land should be the home of SW9, with a retheme of the whle area to tie in with the theme, and have some flats. It should be a family theme like Katanga Canyon as the transitional step between Cebeebies Land for toddlers and X Sector for thrill seekers.

Sonic should be relocated to The Flumes site and a new compact water coaster, or ride like Valhalla should be SW8, the first SW to include water.Sonic could then be themed around Cannon Balls and other pirate-y stuff.
Sr88

It would be good if they separated the Flume area away from Mutiny Bay into its own section, and then expanded it in the available space, adding a few flat rides and maybe a roller coaster (or two!).