New Land Ideas

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Coasterfellow

They wont make the flume into a new land. They will simply adapt it to fit in with mutiny bay. I mean come on. Pirates and a water ride go together to well. I think they will almost certainely make it a part of mutiny bay.
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)
Danny

It is very possible that if they filled on the lake that it has the space to be a large area which, in the future could be made in to a new land/area. I wouldn't dismiss anyone's comments as you never know what might happen in the future.

I really like the idea of making the flume area and surrounding area in to a new land. Although I think for SW8 it is unlikely, it's something I'd love to see happen in the future. However this won't happen of course if SW8 is on the flume site.
Dan

stealthsmiler wrote:I also think MOJ could work really well as a theme for the whole land if AT sorta solidified the theme with the GP
What you have to remember is that when The Smiler opened the signs at the entrance of X-Sector were changed to give the area a MOJ backstory. I think that worked a lot better than retheming the entire area with The Smiler/MOJ. If they'd have done that they would have alienated a lot of people by meddling with what is one of the strongest themed attractions in the park.
Sr88

The Air car park could be turned into some sort of water themed area, with features, water rides, and perhaps water scenery interacting with roller coasters (such as a fountain spraying riders as they go past). Air could then be split off into this section. I call it Aquazone, but that's a pretty rubbish name and I'm sure somebody else could do better.
Alton13Nemesis

I think the area in most need of having the theming improved is dark forest. It has so much potential to be really dark and forboding, with all year round wraith actors too, but merlin rushed the theming. Its my favourite area on park in terms of theme, i just really want to see it improved.
cookiee_munster

id like to see katanga canyon get a retheme to more of a mayan/ruins theme. lots of bits of old temple everywhere as well as loads of lush planting. i don't think it would be too difficult.

then, if an SW was to ever be built on the coach park next to Katanga, then it could adopt that temple theme. think the indiana jones ride at disneyland paris (themewise)
nemefan08

X Sector needs to be refreshed. You have a ride telling you that you are going to die (oblivion) and a ride designed to make you smile (the smiler). They don't fit. AT needs to make them work
NemesisRider

My new land idea would be an extension to Katanga Canyon, it would be called Zulu village. It would contain a 7 inverting B&M sit down coaster called Cara-cara, after the African hunting bird. It would also have an S&S screaming swing. It would basically be the thrill side of Katange canyon.
Morgan

What about TowersTimes Land?
Dan

TTheory wrote:What about TowersTimes Land?
:no:
lucozade

Air and nemises are chalk and cheese just like oblivion and smiler. They work well next to each other BECAUSE they are different.

The area which badly needs theming is the practically abandoned area behind the sky ride and charlie & the choc factory. Its so bland and poorly executed it feels like a service area again (which it used to be). It could easily be incorporated and opened up to be part of the house, the only reason why people were drawn up there is McDonald's and now its gone. If they want a quiet area PLEASE clean it, its a disgusting litter filled dead end.