Hansa Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Capt.Barnacles

At the end of the ride? That's cool! I definitely need to make my way over there next year or later, this and Taron are high on my priorities list now! :)
Benjsh85

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that massive concrete building is just really ugly?

Ride itself looks really fun but it's not exactly pleasing on the eye.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The latest video to be uploaded to Karnan's minisite documents the manufacturing of the track and its installation. With testing drawing ever closer, I am intrigued to see how this coaster will ride.
Stan.H

Benjsh85 wrote:Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that massive concrete building is just really ugly?

Ride itself looks really fun but it's not exactly pleasing on the eye.
Imagine if that was at Alton Towers, the locals would go buzzerk!! ;)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

IMAscore have announced their involvement with Karnan's soundtrack. Interestingly rather than it being computer generated like a lot of their projects, they're actually working with an orchestra on this one.

Benjsh85

Correct me if I'm wrong.....but isn't Karnan another Infinity coaster by Gerstlauer (aka The Smiler)

They must be feeling a bit nervous right now and rightly so.
Capt.Barnacles

Yes, Karnan is the fourth Infinity coaster to be built (Preceded by The Smiler, Karacho and Junker), utilising similar trains to The Smiler. So yes, I imagine Gerstlauer may be taking extra precautions, but there's not really any way of knowing aside from asking someone at Gerstlauer or Hansa Park.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The impact on Karnan will depend on what the HSE investigation finds as the root cause of The Smiler incident. If there is some sort of system error then this will obviously affect Gerstlauer and their other coasters more significantly.
Capt.Barnacles

A group of images posted by Hansapark Fanseite on Facebook today show groundwork being completed around the area, including gravel at the bottom of the main drop and fencing, as well as a blurry photo of what looks like a camera connected to a set of wheel bogies on the main layout outside. Could we see testing beginning soon?

Source: Hansapark-Fanseite Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hpfanseite" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Capt.Barnacles

An update on the wheel chassis being sent round, it's revealed to be a motorised set of wheels dubbed 'Rover' by HAPA-Forum.

Source: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here's the first footage of Karnan testing!
Capt.Barnacles

Looks like it's got some really good speed through those elements! Looking forward to seeing how it takes the rest of the layout considering the lack of trims.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

On-ride POV from the exit of the tower to the exterior brake run, also featuring some of the awesome-sounding soundtrack which IMAscore have produced.
Jack

I haven't been keeping up with this as much as I now see I should have been! That is a great looking coaster with some awesome pacing throughout the layout, looks to have a lot of airtime, too! :)
Capt.Barnacles

Karnan opens in two days! The minisite has been updated stating that Karnan will open at 12:00pm on July 1st, and that the height restriction will be 1.3m. It also states that the composers of the Karnan soundtrack will be signing copies of the CD on the same day.

Source: http://www.xn--krnan-gra.de/en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Capt.Barnacles

SPOILERS IN THIS POST: Do not read this if you don't wish to have a surprise ruined.

It's rumoured from someone on the NoLimits Exchange that Karnan will feature exactly what we once speculated about The Smiler. A freefall drop on the vertical lift of about 20m. Update to follow if this is confirmed.
Ryan.B

How would it work, I'm a bit confused whether you mean like thirteens or like a normal drop?
Capt.Barnacles

Karnan has a vertical lift hill, it'll simulate a chain snap by I'd imagine somehow disengaging the pusher from the train, allowing the train to freefall vertically, slowing it to a halt with the electromagnetic brakes, while a second pusher comes up behind the train and engages it.
Alex

After the problems with The Smiler not sure it would be the best feature to have on a Gerst coaster....
Danny

That isn't new information, this has been rumoured since the coaster was first announced. It was said to have a free fall drop on the lift, sure I read that somewhere late last year.
But I agree this may not be the best thing to have, and I can't personally see how it'll work as the way you've explained seems to breach many H&S features :lol