Alton Towers Easter Eggs

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Danny

There's a skeleton in a cage just as you go round the turn before the loop if that's what your talking about :)
daboywunda

I'm not 100% sure of these by the way....

The Nemesis SW3 is on the right by the Fast-track entrance I believe - either that or it's on the tunnel as you come out of the loop. It's in that general area..

Oblivion's SW4 is on top of the control tower in the queue line (where the Fast-track person stands)

Air's SW5 is in the shop some-where - but I also seem to remember a rock being stamped with SW5 in the queue by the station

Thirteen's SW6 used to be written in chalk on the wall inside the station some-where.. Not sure if it is now

Smiler's SW7 is on clear display near the Single Rider Entrance
S.J_O'Grady

I know that there were many scenes from the old haunted house ride that were inspired by scenes from the witches of east wick like the giant's face and grand hall decoration.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
lucozade

The Sky Sailor wrote:I know that there were many scenes from the old haunted house ride that were inspired by scenes from the witches of east wick like the giant's face and grand hall decoration.
Yea john wardley used to be a special fx designer for hammer horror films.

The Smiler's exit corridor is a nod to the black holes exit corridors with its stairs turns and wonky walls following the same path. (Even though the black hole was completly removed).
PeteB

rallyrob wrote:I think nemesis sw3 is hidden in the kitchen now since they changed it or it might be in the middle of the Island next to the turn
SW3 is the number on the Mushroom Cloud Tours bus which is crashed towards the end of the ride. ;)
rallyrob

Does anyone have photos of all the SW Logos
Morgan

Shall get some pics when I next go ;)

The tree on the side of TH13TEENs station is partially made of steel from Corkscrew.
Astro61201

I believe this was revealed as a marketing stunt by morwenna or whoever.
Jammydodger

Not sure if you could call it an "easter egg", but if you explore certain parts of the towers, there are rooms here and there full of props for ToTT and The Sanctuary, they're locked, but you can still peek through the gap. If you keep your eyes peeled, you'll also see the actors' emergency stop buttons dotted across the ruins too.
Morgan

I have seen a door in the ruins that looks TOTT like
Dan

TTheory wrote:I have seen a door in the ruins that looks TOTT like
It will be a part of the ruins that they use for the maze route, not just a prop
alicheesy

Everyone probably already knows this, but you can see The Smiler go under a glass window in The Smiler shop/you can see the shop on the first part of The Smiler. I just thought that was pretty cool. :)
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
bigbaz

I saw today on the traffic lights at Towers that they have the smiler faces on them, I got a photo if anyone wants to see?
Morgan

Yes, I saw those back in the summer. A photo shall be greatly appreciated :)
bigbaz

It was FOGGY last night

but I managed this

bigbaz

S.J_O'Grady

Don't know if this counts but on the early 2006 map there seems to be something that looks like a zip wire on the towers called 'Vertigo'. Can't find anything to do with this on the web, does anyone remember it?
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Sky Sailor wrote:Don't know if this counts but on the early 2006 map there seems to be something that looks like a zip wire on the towers called 'Vertigo'. Can't find anything to do with this on the web, does anyone remember it?
Here you go :) - http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/history/plans/zipwire.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;