What's The Smiler like?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
inFusion

The Smiler is a great ride that is only let down by restraints that stink of vomit and long queue times (not that you'll have to worry as you said you use the disabled entrances). I loved it when I first rode it - it's smoother than other coasters of a similar nature and the inversions all add up to make an amazing ride. There's nothing to be scared about on your first ride of The Smiler - if you've done The Swarm, you're pretty much ready for anything.
Morgan

Thanks! The only nerve-wracking thing about The Smiler is that it's so compact.
Adam.W

When you're on it it doesn't feel amazingly compact because you have the sky above you. It only looks really compact from below :D
Sr88

To me I've never thought of it as 'compact' while riding. All it does is give the impression of an interacting rollercoaster, which is cool as Alton Towers doesn't have another one. Also bear in mind it is more compact because it is quite long (longer than most others at Alton Towers).

And sometimes it races itself which is cool.
Aidan Lowe

The pass by of the other train around the batwing element section of track is awesome, even better so if people aren't aware of it in the vicinity, I'm sure it startles some people.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Sentri558

The Smiler to me is an incredibly unique experience. Nowhere can you get a ride with:
-14 inversions
-A 45 degree and vertical lift hill
-A 3 minute ride time
-That music. I can't stop singing it 0_0
-So compact

I still prefer Nemesis because it's not just loops, and Dragon Khan because it's so BIG and WIDE, and Shambhala because 279ft, but The Smiler is pretty fun. Bit rocky sometimes :(