Nemesis@20 - Reviews & Feedback

Archive for past events.
Capt.Barnacles

I've had a great time this weekend to start with, meeting everyone for the first time has been lovely and everyone has been really friendly! There have been specific moments over the entire weekend that I'm never gonna forget (Securing the first Smiler ride of 2014 and working up Lee on Charlie to name but a couple!).

Friday

Basically consisted of arriving and waiting for Dan and Hambletwins, but the water park is amazing, as was winning the mini golf (Chipping straight to the second green for the flume!). Met Dan N and Liam for the first time, very friendly they both are, thanks to the two of you for making the less adrenaline filled hours fun all the same, and without you both this wouldn't have been possible for us! An awkward but funny introduction to Lewis was also in order later on.

Saturday

Met some amazing people on this day. In particular TheSmilerMan and LittleMissSmiler, you two made Saturday extremely fun, and the four of us on the front row of the first train for The Smiler in 2014 is something I will never forget. Also got to know Benny quite well (Sorry can't remember your username) and Dan-TT. The Pirate show was... interesting to say the least, but I can't say I'll be watching it again... TH13TEEN being down on this day didn't really matter much, wasn't high on my priorities. Skyride got me veeeery, nervous particularly over the DF-FV route, but it was quite fun trying to balance out the cab with Hursty's camera bag. Tom Poucher as usual wimped out on Sub-Terra. Then comes the talk with John Wardley. Amazing getting to meet the man himself and got a signed copy of the autobiography. Later on at the social was again, interesting... I myself got a bit 'carried away' with Adz and Hursty, but witnessing and eventually taking part in the Superhero dance was a great experience. Overall, an amazing day spent with some amazing people.

Sunday

A more condensed day this time. ERT back row Nemmy was a good wake up, then heading to the Smiler for some more Marmalisation. Met with the team again back in Forbidden valley for some more Nemesis, and got TH13TEEN and Rita done as well. THEN comes the highlight of this day. The fooling around in CCL. Charlie in particular was hilarious, Lee was rather... nervous by us rocking the boat a bit too much, TT the ride (BLUE!) and Gallopers. Last minute Smiler was a bit of an upshot. Got my first back row experience and I honestly loved it. Particularly enjoyed the company of the TT Team on Sunday, and it ended the weekend better than I could have imagined.

Overall I've enjoyed this weekend massively, and it's been amazing to meet you all. I'm going to try to make as many meets as I can this year, so here's to the next one!
johnnyboringwood

My first event, with my 13 year old son Fionn. (Although I love 'em too, he's the coaster expert in the house) Fantastic Day is all I can say. The Nemesis ERT was brill (we just did 4 rides, 2 on front row) and the Q&A with John Wardley was great - what a true gentleman and extremely interesting guy. (My son's read the book and now I must borrow it off him). And above all, it was great to meet such a fun & decent bunch of people. Hello Neil and Jason and BIG thanks to all at TT (esp. yellow team leader Rob) for arranging. Hopefully I can put up a link for my sons video he/we did from Nemesis front row soon. Cheers all - til we meet again, John. (P'boro' UK)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

This was actually my first event with TowersTimes, and I must say that it was the best trip to Alton Towers that I've ever had. It was more about meeting the people I've spoken to for the past year and a half, than it was for the rides. You definitely all lived up to my expectations of being slightly mad enthusiasts, but it was fantastic to spend a day at the Resort with you all.

It was also great to meet John, who seemed genuinely humbled by everyone's appreciation of him. Although in my mad rush to get to Towers Suite from Dark Forest, in order to set up the presentation, I failed to notice that he was in the room beforehand.

From a team perspective, the day ran incredibly smoothly and I heard plenty of positive comments from many people. The hard work from the team in preparation for the weekend certainly paid off, and I look forward to hopefully seeing you all again at Thorpe Park in May!
Tom

It was an awesome day, that is all from me. :)
tpat101

AMAZING DAY WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE :D
Alex

Tom-TT wrote:It was an awesome day, that is all from me. :)
Very concise review Tom :lol

I can only really echo the comments that have already been made. This was the third meet I've been to and considering there has been such a sharp increase in the number of people attending the meets, it ran incredibly smoothly, so well done to the team for that!

All in all it was one of my best weekends at Alton Towers and I am looking forward to the next one at Thorpe Park!
Michelle

What.A.Weekend :)

It obviously started off exceptionally well with me losing my phone before 7.30am meaning the number on the itinerary was redundant but thankfully the day only improved from there!

EERT on Nemmy was brilliant, a fab start to the day with everyone running to get as many re-rides as possible (I managed 3 or 4, poor effort compared to some!)
The day from there is all a bit of a blur but highlights included en masse takeovers of RMT, Rapids, Hex and others, cries of #moist #verymoist, radio faff, my wonderful Purple People, TT the Ride, watching The Kidnap of Lady Victoria Sponge in the courtyard at lunch… pity about the rain! The cheese and bacon burger is to be highly recommended though :yes:

FastForward to the evening and the Q&A with Mr Wardley was a huge win. He is such a wonderful kind man who seemed as though he literally could have carried on answering questions for hours and appeared genuinely touched by the decanter and tumblers. I didn’t get an individual photo with him as Kylestn and I were busy plating up Nemmy cake in the other room for everyone to munch on, but I was astounded that he stayed until everyone had photos and autographs with him, just lovely!
Back to the hotels and after a quick power nap I joined everyone in the bar, just in time for the Superhero dance :) It was great to see some new faces joining in :lol ... could ‘Big Fish , Little Fish’ be permanently added to the team’s repertoire? I guess we’ll have to wait and see!
The weekend was rounded off with a nice chilled day on park on the Sunday with the remaining team and some members- all in all just a brilliant unforgettable weekend.

Thanks to all my fellow team who worked so hard to plan the event and ensure it ran smoothly on the day and a BIG THANKYOU to all the members who attended, it was brilliant to meet you all, I hope you enjoyed your day and will join us again next time! :wave:
Ladyofthelake

What can I say that hasn't been mentioned already! It was an amazing weekend!

It was great to meet up with everyone - both people I knew from Scaremazing, and the many new faces that joined us for this event. Despite the early start, everyone was in good spirits and couldn't wait to get going.

EERT on Nemesis was fantastic and provided one of my personal highlights of the day - front row on the very first train of the main 2014 season! what a perfect way to get going! I only managed 4 rides, which was less than most, but loved it all the same.It was great that so many of us stayed together meaning we could do takeovers of many of the rides - RMT, Smiler, Hex, Duel to name a few. There were so many great moments I couldn't possibly list them all :)

The day was rounded of perfectly by the Q&A from John Wardley. It was great to see him talk so openly and answer anything that was asking in amazing detail.

Of course no event would be complete without the social in the hotel at the end of the day! It was fantastic to see so many members join us and enjoy a great evening.

I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who helped me when I took my unexpected trip in the Oblivion queue: Chris-TT for fetching help, Dan for the supportive shoulder on the walk back up to Guest Services, Ben-TT for the lift back to the hotel, and everyone else who stayed with me and made sure I was OK (Kim, Rob, Michelle, Lee, Lewis, Baffles, Roodles, Hursty, Adz - I apologise if I've missed anyone out). an especial thank you to Lorna for giving me first aid before Chris fetched the park first aider, and for keeping an eye on me.

Thank you to everyone on the team for organising this event - I can't wait until Thorpe Park in May :D
smiler983

What a fantastic first event with towers times and one ill be doing again. From start to finish was a very well organised event everything went to times and everything a big well done. 8 Times on Nemesis in the half hour not bad beaten me record by one so pretty happy with that. Also a great end with Q&A with John and a good old knees up in the splash landings hotel. Thanks again guys for a fantastic trip.

Below is a link to my theme park and attractions fb site. This has many photos of not just parks put other attractions around the UK and Europe. Please like the page and more updates coming your way.

https://www.facebook.com/SmilersThemePa ... tionPhotos
Lee

I'm beginning to suffer from the worst post meet blues I've suffered to date. Having been a part of this site for a year, it never fails to amaze me how phenomenal this community really is each and every time we meet up.

This weekend was genuinely, and wholeheartedly one of the best weekends I've experienced. I've made some fantastic new friendships and managed to cement ones that began last year. The whole day was a laugh a minute, with John Wardleys Q & A at the ending being a real engaging, inspirational and informative session. As always, the social was a fantastic way to end the day, relaxing and unwinding with both new, and old event attendees.

I want to say hello to everyone I managed to speak to (which was as many people as humanly possible!). I'm really glad to see that we even have people sign up the forum :) a big thanks to everyone who came, as without you none of this would be possible.

Until next time :)
tori_swift

Didn't go to the meet during the day but met people at ridiculous o'clock in Ma Garrita's! Thanks to everyone I met for being so friendly and convincing me to come to the next meet :D it was a great drunken night :P
Zach

This was an amazing meet up certainly a top meet, everyone had smiles on there faces all day! Including me! No one should be nervous about coming to there first meet as this was my second I wasn't but I saw people who's first meet it was blending and having fun straight away! So if you've been umming and ahhing about whether a meet is for you the answer has to be Yes there for everyone!
Right from arriving there was positive attitude about the group old faces reuniting and new friendships being made, it's things like this that make me so happy to be apart of this community because the people in it are wonderful, this community is the people I most look forward to meeting with because I know I will always have a time incomparable! So to everyone who makes these meets what they are thank you !!! And mostly Dan who makes them possible! :D
The Q&A with john was so well organised and presented everyone was true,y engrossed with the answers he gave and buzzing with the photos and autographs they received. Everyone left satisfied!
The social perfect way to end an amazing day such laughs and fun everyone felt welcome wether you drank or not it was what it said on tin a social :)

everyone here this weekend you are amazing! Keep up the good work team and TT can only grow!
Shelley666

Well What can I say about nemesis @20 well first of all I would like to say how amazing it was and me and my partner and my 2 friends really enjoyed it and still can not stop talking about Saturday, and I would like to say a massive thank you to towers times for a fantastic day and how well it was organised, we have never been to a towers times event before and can say we will be attending again and hopefully be coming to Thorpe park in May with you :) we didn't get time to really talk to the members of the team unfortunately but did speak to a few of the towerstimes team who made you feel so welcome we wasn't able to attend the social meet after which I would have liked to but next time we will, ERT on the nemesis well 4 times in a row couldn't have been better and meeting for lunch for the pirate show and then of course q&a with the legend john Wardley just amazing really really was thank you again :)
Alex

Just to reaffirm the point about the social event afterwards, it can be summed up in one link and it wouldnt be a TT meet without it happening....

Also here is a link to the latest TT dance.

Big fish, little fish

Inferno Attractions

Finally managed to upload my video review of Nemesis@20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6AdU72cnqM

Sorry it took so long I have terrible internet

10/10 was my rating
Brilliant day
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions