RollerCoaster Tycoon 4

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
furie

[quote=""Mitch""]Personally I want it to be fun, simple and something I won't get bored with.

I agree with some extent that there should be more flexibility but if you REALLY want to build coasters at any possible angle then you have No Limits. What made RCT appeal to me more than NL was the fact that it was much easier to use even if it does look less realistic.

Similarly, I think having to make custom textures for buildings, rides, paths would be too time consuming and I reckon I would lose interest in the game pretty quickly. Again, if you're into that sort of thing there is always No Limits.

As much as I love building my parks, I also love seeing it come to life, so I would like more touches of realism in the next update such as peeps using the rides, station gates, fastrack/better queuelines and I reckon closed seasons and a more realistic construction time would be absolutely brilliant. Also making everything take up less space would be great. Some of the rides take up ridiculously large footprints.

So personally, I'd rather have a more realistic expansion of the current RCT3 and obviously it being able to be able to import custom scenery which has already been made. It's the little things which make me happy.

Oh and finally... put in a goddamn Screamin' Swing! :P[/quote]

It needs to have a "basic game" much like we currently have, but with more advanced features for people who want to take it the next step, but don't want to go into No Limits. I still want simple tools, easy to produce coasters and a (large) standard set of scenery. However, I want to be able to tweak things just here and there. If Mr A.MazingRCTdesigner comes along with a glorious new set of custom textures, I want the game to support importing it. Even better, it would be nice if the game had the tools to help him out doing it.

I'm not talking about everything being based on those tools, but I don't want to have to hack apart RCT4 and make it potentially unstable just to add a new bit of custom scenery. Build in the tools, and those who can WILL use it. Those who can't can still reap the benefits :)
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here
A5H

[quote=""BigAl""]If RCT4 has seasons then I'd like to see trees that loose their leaves and leaves that change colour. Also, the certain plants flower at certain times of the year.[/quote]

I would also love snow :) and if you close the park in the winter the snow settles on the trees and all over the rides and scenery :) would be a perfect addition for the stories
BigAl

If we see natural disasters added to mix things up a little then what about forest fires? There could also be a cheat to disable them and an option to remove any kind of disasters in the Scenario Editor?
moog666

Terrain generator plz plz plz!

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.
Terra

I want to be able to pick the type of supports for that actual rollercoaster design. Imagine how easy it would be to create a rollercoaster and not have to worry about getting the right supports and spending an hour getting all the supports in the right places etc.

So, if you built a coaster, you'd get a choice of what brand supports you'd like to be on the coaster, such as B&M, Intamin, etc etc.
Wildboy

This maybe old news but it looks promising...

[url=http://forums.atari.com/showthread.php?t=6853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://forums.atari.com/showthread.php?t=6853[/url]
Last edited by Wildboy on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983
dominoes

How about realistic people, and screaming thats more realistic, and happens at the right points (launches, stopping suddenly, partial effects ect) and not just when it goes down hill. Oh, and realistic supports...

Forgot to add: Maybe being able to add textures and logos to roller coasters, rides ect. Also, howabout no stupid art deco entrance, just a car park, with cars arriving and leaving all the time?
Last edited by dominoes on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarveyButterfield

I would so love an RCT4. You could add resorts (and hotels). I would love to create hotels, as this means that peeps stay the night, distinguishing between day and night. I'd love closed season too. I'm relatively new to the game, but I can already pick-up elemental flaws; I hope this comes true, but I would want them to put EVERYTHING into it. It would have to be the last in the series.
Rita is my mum!
Altonfan

[quote=""mattbailey""]As for new features, it would be nice to be able to sort by ride manufacturer then ride type (eg Intamin > Sit Down Coasters > Accelerator or B&M > Inverted > Flying)
[/quote]
For us it would be, but for people who dont know anything about coasters, they wouldnt understand. + I dont think rct are allowed to use manufacturers names.
SEALIFE

Does anyone know any more about this? Ive tried looking on Atari just and seems its been taken off? :?
Altonfan

[quote=""SEALIFE""]Does anyone know any more about this? Ive tried looking on Atari just and seems its been taken off? :?[/quote]
Iv noticed that. There are 2 theiries as to why. Either atari have got all the info they need and are getting to work on it (hopefully) OR they scrapped the idea (i doubt that, but it is posible)
AdamJ

Even though there's a chance of this being scrapped, I wouldn't mind seeing the following (these are my personal wants for the game)

- More of a NL style in building coasters.
- More mainstream styled Flat Rides, also giving a gateway to build your own from pre-defined parts, almost like a Flat Ride Workshop for in-park built rides.
- Real-time gaming, no more "3 years in a day" style playing. The game runs in real-time, or close to...
- Seasons. We have to have differences in weather and seasons, allowing for snow etc at pre-defined times etc.
- Hotels. This is a must, I'd love to be able to install a resort hotel, car park and more out of park interactivity.
- Restaurants. We need restaurants, and not those pathetic single tile food holes.
- Interactive Events. The ability to build interactive events such as Concerts.
dominoes

How about a slider, so you can change steepness and banking. It could range from 0 to 180...
A5H

A randomiser would be nice, so you start a new scenario, and the game creates a random setting for the land, so random hills, water, etc. would certainly make it more challenging and for us who create stories, would give us more to work around :D
Pennywise

[quote=""A5H""]A randomiser would be nice, so you start a new scenario, and the game creates a random setting for the land, so random hills, water, etc. would certainly make it more challenging and for us who create stories, would give us more to work around :D[/quote]

I second this motion! :D
rct3wild

[quote=""LCWatAlton""][quote=""D4n""][quote=""A5H""]A randomiser would be nice, so you start a new scenario, and the game creates a random setting for the land, so random hills, water, etc. would certainly make it more challenging and for us who create stories, would give us more to work around :D[/quote]

I second this motion! :D[/quote]

I third this *Notion[/quote]

I fourth this notion. :-)
monsterdan5

Let's not get silly here but I do agree with this :P

I think its a great idea and would make it quite fun to build parks. Also I hope they can allow you to build the entrance of the park inside the building area so you can build on the area leading up to it :)
Don't_Look_Down

It'd be great if we could also build diagonal or round paths in RCT4.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
.Will

Being able to build inversions on the diagonal would be great too.

:D
Doopy Dan

Well it has almost been officially announced now in my oppinion.

Firstly IGN has opened up a page for the 'upcoming RCT4' seen here.

[url=http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/083/083804.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/083/083804.html[/url]

Now IGN have never ever in the past added pages for games that have not being released in the future. They have had a nack in the past for adding pages for games that havent officially been announced yet, but have been announced at a later date, they have never got this wrong and there is no reason why they should start now.

Secondly, and more importantly inside an official Atari consolidated results document, it clearly states the following:
Focus on Atari owned franchises and key strategic licenses for fewer but more profitable releases and further expansion into online, digital download, mobile game segments. This is supported by a strict investment discipline addressing all appropriate platforms (online, console, mobile). At this stage, Atari’s games will mainly be developed externally with selected third party game studios to contribute to a more flexible and cost efficient organization. In addition, Atari will continue to support its key strategic licenses, including Dungeons & Dragons, Ghostbusters & Rollercoaster Tycoon.
It's looking good, very good!