RollerCoaster Tycoon 4

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
fredward

I like the grid system. Perhaps have a snap option like they have in most CAD software?

You can freely place anything, but can turn on "snap" so that pieces can snap to the nearest grid line, or in-line to another object using the x,y or z axis.

But tbh, there is nothing wrong with the grid system, only issue is that it can make coaster building restricted. but you can fix that by having more diagonal sections, or even alternative angles.

With scenery, you don't have any limitations if you know how to create CS. Wherever you position it in Google Sketchup (or your other choice in CAD software) is where it is placed in game.
BigAl

RCT4 is official? OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG,OMG..... :shock: :mrgreen:

This is actually the only game I've ever played consistently for many years and I can't wait for a new one. It just isn't possible to become bored of it unless you download that much custom content that it takes decades to load it all (because my PC is poop)! :P

I shall be pre-ordering RCT4 as soon as possible and play it as soon as I get hold of it!

8-[
Wildboy

I wouldnt get too excited about rct just yet. David Braden has confirmed that it is unlikely that a release will come before the end of 2012 or even an official announcement at E3 next year according to the frontier twitter feeds.
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983
ReZourceman

(RCT on 3DS has just been announced)
starbugger1303

If this actually became a reality!

I would love to be able to have more than one pool of reflective water!!

:roll:
themealgang

[quote=""ReZourceman""](RCT on 3DS has just been announced)[/quote]

I have a 3DS and I think that it works really well. I can imagine playing the original RCT in this 3D world would be quite an experience indeed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Burniel

Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 is coming! :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Dom

Going mobile is such a bad move. The graphics in that vid make it look cheap and tacky
Burniel

Pizzazz wrote:Going mobile is such a bad move. The graphics in that vid make it look cheap and tacky
They really shouldn't market it as "Rollercoaster Tycoon 4". They should have marketed it as "Rollercoaster Tycoon mobile", and released RCT4 at a later date
Danny

Well at least this looks like there will be a proper RCT4! I think this is brilliant news as it means they are still working on the franchise and mobile will always be easier to make. Maybe RCT4 is in the process of being made now!
Yes the game is going to be a 'FarmVille' like game but it will gain the company so much money from it and can only mean good things to come.
TheAltonTowersProject

And that's how you ruin the RCT series...

The only encouraging sign is that the RCT series still exists, in a sense. Just don't think it's going to go back to the routes or develop in to what it should anymore.
Burniel

A good PC RCT4 would just be RCT3 with modern features and updated rides for me, anything more would be a bonus.

By the way, you can basically get a theme park mobile game just like this, it needs an RCT stamp on it.
lf2001

I'm happy by this as I'll now get to play it on my mobile :)
Benb

If anyone saw what EA did to Dungeon Keeper earlier this year then this development should be a bit of a warning signal. Honestly I think this mobile version is going to be the misguided butchery of a classic just the same as that.

... however I did hear (over on Kotaku - http://kotaku.com/rollercoaster-tycoon- ... 1545659868) that there's a new PC version in the pipeline sometime this autumn (American dates) so maybe it isn't all bad?
scw55

I'm not that excited.

I would love a RCT4, however the following happened:

1) They made ThrillVille as a sort of spiritual continuation.
2) They initially were pessimistic at rollercoaster sim games being financially viable due to the niche appeal. Which means they might take in a direction that tries to appeal to the mass market and coaster fans (could be awful or great. Easier to do a bad job of that than a good).
3) The Facebook post described the future PC release as a "PC Experience". The word "experience" doesn't fill me with hope in honesty. Anything could be an experience. It's too vague. They could be exploiting our expectations and instead deliver something else.

Worst case scenario, we have RCT3 with its dedicated community of modders or Theme Park Studio that looks promising (if CPU intensive).
Katherine

This looks awful, for starters they don't even deserve to use the name "RCT4" for this, it's just a very bad, mobile version of RCT2. Secondly, they've turned a great franchise into one of those crappy Facebook games which is just going to ruin it even more, why? It's just Atari's really bad way of making money through a great game name like RCT.
Instant Mix

They've single handedly killed RCT.
Turning it from a fantastic game into a microtransaction riddled pile of garbage.

Doesn't surprise me at all, but it kills all chances of a game almost as good as RCT3. We've got NoLimits anyway and theme park studio so I think RCT's time may be over anyway.
JammyBand

Now this is awful. I am confident that the PC, what they call, "experience" will be literally be a browser based facebook game, very much like the widely known Farm-ville. 'Hey, your ride is being constructed! Come back in 5 hours!', I can imagine it saying. To fight that, I made an online petition which you can sign for free to tell Atari what we really want is a proper game and that Atari needs to listen to us!
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/a ... r-requests
It literally takes 30 seconds to sign. You can sign in instantly with facebook if you have that as well, so please sign my petition to give hope to the RCT fans, and to tell Atari they are messing up so badly!
DrReeve

JammyBand wrote:Now this is awful. I am confident that the PC, what they call, "experience" will be literally be a browser based facebook game, very much like the widely known Farm-ville. 'Hey, your ride is being constructed! Come back in 5 hours!', I can imagine it saying. To fight that, I made an online petition which you can sign for free to tell Atari what we really want is a proper game and that Atari needs to listen to us!
It literally takes 30 seconds to sign. You can sign in instantly with facebook if you have that as well, so please sign my petition to give hope to the RCT fans, and to tell Atari they are messing up so badly!
Atari have said on facebook that the two games are completely seperate
http://i.imgur.com/UvreT07.png
JammyBand

DrReeve wrote:
JammyBand wrote:Now this is awful. I am confident that the PC, what they call, "experience" will be literally be a browser based facebook game, very much like the widely known Farm-ville. 'Hey, your ride is being constructed! Come back in 5 hours!', I can imagine it saying. To fight that, I made an online petition which you can sign for free to tell Atari what we really want is a proper game and that Atari needs to listen to us!
Atari have said on facebook that the two games are completely seperate
http://i.imgur.com/UvreT07.png
Yes, I saw that too. However, it does not guarantee that RCT4 for PC will be a full game. Additionally, they could still make RCT4 but in a very different style to what people are expecting, so my petition is to try and tell Atari that we loved the original games and that a lot of us agree that they need to take our ideas on board and develop them into the game. I'm still worried that RCT4 may turn out as a browser based game, despite the post they made.