RollerCoaster Tycoon 4

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
scw55

Problem with the petition is that the fanbase of the RCT series are torn between #1&2 and #3.

They should do #4 in 3D but with the aesphetic feel of #2.

RCT3 by itself feels quite dull visually (however I have made projects using mostly vanilla pieces that look nice). It takes mods to make it look pretty. Also, in the campaign mode there is little incentive to bother with Theming placement.
Katherine

RCT4 as a PC game needs a lot to make it better, first things first with better supports on the coasters, as scw55 said, the game needs mods to make it better, also the game needs more coasters such as wing riders and Eurofighters. Fingers crossed they can add this in and give it the incentive of RCT2. Fingers crossed it's not an online game which is also linked to Facebook, or again they will have ruined the series, fingers crossed they also have a disc and make it a full PC game, and better than 3 with aspects of 1+2.
JammyBand

Katherine wrote:RCT4 as a PC game needs a lot to make it better, first things first with better supports on the coasters, as scw55 said, the game needs mods to make it better, also the game needs more coasters such as wing riders and Eurofighters. Fingers crossed they can add this in and give it the incentive of RCT2. Fingers crossed it's not an online game which is also linked to Facebook, or again they will have ruined the series, fingers crossed they also have a disc and make it a full PC game, and better than 3 with aspects of 1+2.
That is exactly my thoughts and hopes. I have my fingers crossed very tightly to hope we won't receive the facebook game we all cringe to think about.
scw55

Worst case Scenario; we don't have to pay money for the game.
RCT3 still exists with wonderful mod support.
RCT2 still exists with still some mod support (I believe someone made a Wingrider for it)
Theme Park Studio will be released.
We get better at using No Limits 2.

-
Best case scenario; we get RCT4 which is finally the game that stops the mopy people complaining how RCT3 ruined the series by being 3D and having all the features you ever want, but is as pretty and charming as RCT2 was aesphetically.
If you want grizzly concrete land, there's RCT3 mods for that...
Katherine

JammyBand wrote:
Katherine wrote:RCT4 as a PC game needs a lot to make it better, first things first with better supports on the coasters, as scw55 said, the game needs mods to make it better, also the game needs more coasters such as wing riders and Eurofighters. Fingers crossed they can add this in and give it the incentive of RCT2. Fingers crossed it's not an online game which is also linked to Facebook, or again they will have ruined the series, fingers crossed they also have a disc and make it a full PC game, and better than 3 with aspects of 1+2.
That is exactly my thoughts and hopes. I have my fingers crossed very tightly to hope we won't receive the facebook game we all cringe to think about.
Me too, the Facebook game will ruin the whole series completely! If there's going to be a PC game, it needs to be bigger and better and includes aspects of all of the 3 previous games, or they'll have a very disappointed fanbase.
Jack

My first reaction to this monstrosity:

Ayliffe

:yikes:

...And there goes my sanity. Unless Atari can really pull something out of the bag with this PC version, we're all doomed. :nervious:
Dom

I've been playing this for a couple of days now. Its not that bad. Its basically the same style as The Simpsons Tapped Out, In that you earn coins from the shops and have 'missions' to do. A couple of things I have noticed is that it is very cartoony and is more aimed at the younger generation. Also Only the shops and the entrance earn you money. The rides are basically just there for decoration purposes and to get people to visit your park. The graphics are slow, and sometimes some bits take longer than others to load, or don't appear in the game straight away.

Overall I give this game 5/10
Eirdy

My highly mature responce to this "Game":
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
lf2001

The game is awful. Ended up buying it to really see if it was good, waste of money. It's just the same as any other theme park game, you can't just build your own park and add whatever rides you want and build your own coasters like on the other RCT's. I really hope they do a good job on the PC version!
Burniel

List of problems I've found (some might be due to my general stupidity)
•Very little to play around with at first
•Very poor graphics
•I have found no rotate feature, meaning you spend the whole game looking at your park from one view
•No sandbox mode
•You can only charge on the gate, no opportunity to individually price the rides
•Food and shop stalls look really rubbish
•Construction takes time (similar to the simpsons tapped out)
•Rubbish tutorial
•Yet to see queues (this could be me being dumb)
•You can get better games for free on the app store
•To download the game and have a park with 3 rides = 100MB of your memory
•Notifies you at least once a day until you turn the notification option to off
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Sr88

jackandylan123 wrote:My first reaction to this monstrosity:

Oh! Comic Sans is even used, just to show how bad we are talking!!

In the video, it states "there's no limit to your imagination". Oh. Dear. That is... disgusting, it's that bad.

The mobile game is horrific. Hopefully RCT4 for PC will be normal and great. Bearing in mind that RCT3 was released 10 years ago, technology advances mean it must be something really great to compete. I'd love to have NoLimits 2 but the price!! Maybe one day! The realism of that is unbelievable.

We can just pray.
Coasterfan312

I don't think the PC version is going to be any better.

'Co-op gameplay and even more social features' hints a lot towards Facebook-type games, which involve microtransactions and dependency on having friends playing it too (to get more in-game currency, e.t.c).

If they wanted to impress us, they'd have to pretend they never said that and bring out a kind of RCT3, Theme Park Studio, NoLimits 2 combination. I highly doubt they could do that, so I'm not hyped for RCT4 at all.
Sr88

Yeah, it probably will end up being a let-down. I just hope not though! RCT3 is a huge success, so one can just hope they follow that up!

Still, it's good that RCT isn't dead, like I had feared.
Jack

I hope that they put more time into the PC version, it just seems so rushed in terms of quality that even I could do better sitting where I am right now with next to no experience of it!

if it is a lazy excuse for a game, only plays online and has micro transactions in the PC version...I will be joining Kurt Cobain… ;)
scw55

I would be upset if RCT4 is disappointing. But it wouldn't be the end of the world.

We'd at least still have RCT3 which is being supported by dedicated and talented modders.

It would be just a great shame and a missed opportunity.
Sr88

If it is a rubbish game then maybe they will make a good one called RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 People Who Want a Good Game (or something similar) ;)
Benji

Sort of hoping in the PC version they include some form of hotel management too, where you can build accomadation which the people stay in. Fingers crossed for a seperate multiplayer function where you can build parks with other users of the game too! But got a feeling I'm asking for too much here..
thomasrika

It's a good game, I really like it.