PortAventura World

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
serious sam!

Hi guys, I just booked to go barcelona in 2 weekends time... I think I'm going to port aventura on the Monday, anyone know what transport is like from barca to PA and also how busy the park will be on a weekday?
Cheers
streetmagix

The train takes just over an hour and is around €8-9 each way. The Spanish trains website is: http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (note the station name is Port Aventura, 2 words). I know RENFE isn't the most reliable, I got stuck for 45 minutes outside a tunnel on my last visit, but for a day trip it's probably the best option.

Shouldn't be too busy on a Monday unless there's a public holiday in Europe. Note that the 1st May is a public holiday in the UK and other countries so it might be busier than usual.
ASturge21

If you are booking park tickets and hotel together through PA does your tickets include your departure day aswell

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
ponder

So I rode Red Force 3 times on Sunday and I think it may just be the best Strata yet. It might not have the punch out of the gate that Stealth has, or the raw speed of KK or TTD, but I loved the rolling launch and oh my word what air time. From the second you crest that top hat to the bottom of the drop you're out of your seat.

I was unconvinced from everything I'd seen during construction, but Intamin have put together a bit of a beast with this one.

Shambhala still rules the roost at PA though. ;)
serious sam!

streetmagix wrote:The train takes just over an hour and is around €8-9 each way. The Spanish trains website is: http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (note the station name is Port Aventura, 2 words). I know RENFE isn't the most reliable, I got stuck for 45 minutes outside a tunnel on my last visit, but for a day trip it's probably the best option.

Shouldn't be too busy on a Monday unless there's a public holiday in Europe. Note that the 1st May is a public holiday in the UK and other countries so it might be busier than usual.
Brill thanks for that, that's helped me plan my visit more ^.^
serious sam!

ponder wrote:So I rode Red Force 3 times on Sunday and I think it may just be the best Strata yet. It might not have the punch out of the gate that Stealth has, or the raw speed of KK or TTD, but I loved the rolling launch and oh my word what air time. From the second you crest that top hat to the bottom of the drop you're out of your seat.

I was unconvinced from everything I'd seen during construction, but Intamin have put together a bit of a beast with this one.

Awsome stuff you've just wetted my appetite as I'll be there on Monday! Whoop
Tom

serious sam! wrote:Hi guys, I just booked to go barcelona in 2 weekends time... I think I'm going to port aventura on the Monday, anyone know what transport is like from barca to PA and also how busy the park will be on a weekday?
Cheers
Be wary of the train times from Port Aventura back to Barcelona at night, I got caught out the other year (taxi's back to Barcelona are rather expensive!).

The train is great though, and you used to be able to get a train ticket than included your park entry for €45.00 which I thought was a bargain.
mol7030

Hey,

For anyone interested in Halloween at PortAventura, I emailed to get the exact dates: 23rd September 2017 until 19th November 2017.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of booking!
MO'L
Danny

ponder wrote:So I rode Red Force 3 times on Sunday and I think it may just be the best Strata yet. It might not have the punch out of the gate that Stealth has, or the raw speed of KK or TTD, but I loved the rolling launch and oh my word what air time. From the second you crest that top hat to the bottom of the drop you're out of your seat.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time! What is the mini airtime hill like after the first set of brakes? A worthy addition? :)
ponder

It gives you a bit of a kick - it's certainly taken quicker than you expect it to, but by that stage you're still getting over the drop. So I wouldn't necessarily say it's a worthy addition, but I'm kind of glad it's there, if that makes sense?
Horras64

Does anyone know the current situation on Ferrari World, when staying in a PortAventura Hotel. I'm going back in August, and was wondering what was going on with the park hopper 'thing'.

Slightly off topic, a member of my family's birthday is on one of the days we're at the hotel. Does anyone know if they do anything 'special' so to say with birthdays on request?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Robert.W

Horras64 wrote:Does anyone know the current situation on Ferrari World, when staying in a PortAventura Hotel. I'm going back in August, and was wondering what was going on with the park hopper 'thing'.

Slightly off topic, a member of my family's birthday is on one of the days we're at the hotel. Does anyone know if they do anything 'special' so to say with birthdays on request?

Looking at the website for PortAventura, it seems all Ferrari Land tickets include both parks. Basically, you can go to just PortAventura on its own or you can go to both parks. Of course there is also the Caribe Aquati Park as well which you can visit separately or as part of a trio park hopper ticket. The website shows all the ticket combinations clearly so I would just have a look yourself and decide what is right for you.
As for the birthday special request thing, I don't actually know so I would contact the hotel before booking and just ask if anything could be arranged. I presume you just mean balloons and goodies in the room or other small things (not free park tickets, cause that's not gonna happen!).
Anyway, I hope you get it all sorted!

Horras64

Robert W wrote:
Horras64 wrote:Does anyone know the current situation on Ferrari World, when staying in a PortAventura Hotel. I'm going back in August, and was wondering what was going on with the park hopper 'thing'.

Looking at the website for PortAventura, it seems all Ferrari Land tickets include both parks. Basically, you can go to just PortAventura on its own or you can go to both parks. Of course there is also the Caribe Aquati Park as well which you can visit separately or as part of a trio park hopper ticket. The website shows all the ticket combinations clearly so I would just have a look yourself and decide what is right for you.
As for the birthday special request thing, I don't actually know so I would contact the hotel before booking and just ask if anything could be arranged. I presume you just mean balloons and goodies in the room or other small things (not free park tickets, cause that's not gonna happen!).
Anyway, I hope you get it all sorted!
Yeah, unfortunately we booked before Ferrari land opened, and therefore the hotel didn't have any option for Ferrari Land tickets. I guess I'll just have to see when I get there, I'll also check the Ferrari World Website. Thank you nevertheless.[emoji3]
Robert.W

Horras64 wrote:Yeah, unfortunately we booked before Ferrari land opened, and therefore the hotel didn't have any option for Ferrari Land tickets. I guess I'll just have to see when I get there, I'll also check the Ferrari World Website. Thank you nevertheless.[emoji3]
I would imagine if you rang them directly before you went, they would be able to upgrade your tickets or if you asked at the reception when you arrive if you could upgrade the tickets. I don't imagine it'd be a problem either way.

ponder

You can only buy an advance Ferrari Land ticket in combination with a main park ticket. You select an entry time (10am or 6pm - I recommend 10am!). Moving from park to park is dead easy - literally one gate and you're into PortAventura. They stamp your hand so you can easily move from park to park if you feel like revisiting Ferrari Land again later in the day. Just make sure you keep hold of your park ticket.
Last edited by ponder on Fri May 19, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ponder

To answer your other question, you can also upgrade your PA ticket to include Ferrari Land on site, but this costs 25 Euro instead of the 10 Euro increase when you buy online.
fitchy

I believe there is an offer to get ferrari land included for hotel guests this summer.
Ibizarocks16

I have just returned from PA and its safe to say I still love it, Its my number 1 park now bearing in mind I have not done Eftling or Europa yet... Great range of rides, spotless and good food options along with the hotels. With all this being said what do you think PA next move will be, What do you think they need to add or upgrade on?
Liam.W

I personally feel like they will jump on the VR hype train sooner or later, possibly on El Diablo Tren de la Mina.

I'm flying back out there on Sunday for 11 nights! Can't wait to try out the 'White Night' event where the park is open until 3am with extra shows and theming around the place. Can't wait to watch 'FiestAventura', It looks outstanding; almost Disney quality!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Danny

I went a couple of years ago and two of the weekends I was there it was open until 3/4am. It's amazing on park as by 2ish all rides are so quiet it's perfect for Shambhala re-rides :D FiestAventura is well worth a watch, but make sure you get a good spot by the lake. You may need to get there early :)