PortAventura World

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Liam.W

Oooh look what we have here...

Credit: Coaster_Fans
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Horras64

I got excited by the title of this thread because I'm going to Portaventura on august 5th. Wish I booked a year later. DAMN
Tom170499

Going to PortAventura with my College today. Haven't been in a couple of years, I can't wait to ride Shambalah again. Looking forward to having a glimpse it Ferarri Land too!
Liam.W

Tom170499 wrote:Going to PortAventura with my College today. Haven't been in a couple of years, I can't wait to ride Shambalah again. Looking forward to having a glimpse it Ferarri Land too!
Say hi to Shambhala for me! Tell her I'll be back soon hopefully!

:lol

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Looks like Ferrari Land is due to open on April 7th 2017.
ThemeParkEwan

Doing Portaventura for the first time tomorrow and the day after, got express so im ok for queueing. I'll try and get some pictures of ferrari land and see how it is progressing!
ponder

lewis97 wrote:Looks like Ferrari Land is due to open on April 7th 2017.
I hope so, I'm going at the end of April. Although going to Ferrari Land will still depend on how much they decide to charge for it. I'm not sure I fancy paying close to full theme park prices to ride 1 coaster and look at some cars.
Liam.W

ponder wrote:Although going to Ferrari Land will still depend on how much they decide to charge for it. I'm not sure I fancy paying close to full theme park prices to ride 1 coaster and look at some cars.
You, Sir, just read my mind. Well done! :clap:

:lol

ThemeParkEwan

Well, haven't got any pictures (well I do, but have no idea how to post them xD)

But basically the ferrari coaster can be seen from a long way outside the park (even from the beach near the hotel I was staying at about a 20 minute drive away. The thing looks amazing from the car parks, it looks like a similar view of stealth when walking into amity speedway. I'm not sure if this has been posted but in Mediterranea there is a model of Ferrari land with a timer that shows how long it is until it opens.

Overall it looks pretty good. Looking forward to seeing what people think about the park when it opens!
Nathan_Fisher

I'd probably pay for one day ticket if I was there for a week. As you said, paying similar gate prices to what Portaventura Park charges for one coaster isn't worth it more than once or twice during a trip. Hopefully while staying in one of the PA hotels, they'll give you a discount, similar to what they do with Costa Caribe which I believe is 30% off.
Dom

Screamscape have reported that Ferrari Land will apparently also have a flying theater from Brogent Technologies. Not much else is currently known about this particular attraction though.
theparklifekid

Huh, thats interesting. They have a flying theater attraction over here in Abu Dhabi, Its called "Viaggio in Italia" and when I went the simulation was slightly off-sync, hopefully the one in Spain will be better.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Ladyofthelake

We have an opening date for Ferrari Land.

According to this article, Port Aventura's newest attraction will open on 7th April 2017.
Tom170499

ladyofthelake wrote:We have an opening date for Ferrari Land.

According to this article, Port Aventura's newest attraction will open on 7th April 2017.
I believe that this was announced quite a while ago. At least as far back as July as it was advertised when I was there.
Owen

Indeed, Lewis posted it a few posts up. None the less it's still nice to know that we have a solid opening date! :)
Ladyofthelake

At around 8pm local time this evening, a large fire broke out at Ferrari Land. Whilst the cause is unknown, the fires has affected some significant areas of the new park, including the Campanille Tower, and the Ferrari Experience Theatre, with it seeming like the interior of the theatre has been destroyed (however I may be misinterpreting that due to having to translate articles from Spanish). It's not clear if the rollercoaster has been affected at this stage. This local news article has more detail, whilst a video shows one view of the fire.

This will certainly be a blow for Port Aventura and will undoubtedly set the opening back. Hopefully the damage is not so large as to cause the project to be abandoned (although it would have to be significant for that to happen).
Justin

Just seen the news on Facebook. I can't work out the extent of the fire at the moment as videos give a different perspective to the photos. Let us hope no one is hurt and they can repair the damage quickly.
MakoMania

The article linked is in Catalan not Spanish, so it may prove tricky to translate it from Spanish in a translating programme. My Catalan isn't up to my Spanish but the article says there was a fire at the "entrance" of an attraction and later it goes on to say a fire affected an "accelerator".
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Ladyofthelake

Port Aventura have released a statement in the last few minutes which I have been able to roughly translate:
Port Aventura reports that at 20.00 today there has been a fire on the facade of a thermal building of the works of Ferrari Land.

The company has launched emergency plans advising the firefighters, who have immediately moved to the scene of the fire. At this moment the fire is already controlled and it is confirmed that there has been no personal injury.

Port Aventura is analyzing the facts to be able to determine the causes, but this incident will not modify the planned opening schedule.
Looks like the fire won't have too much of an impact on the planned opening, and thankfully no one has been hurt.
theparklifekid

Well, the fire has taken out must of the theming and construction has apparently been halted. :(

A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!