PortAventura World

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
MostMagicalCat

port aventura have just anounced a new coaster, set in the Mediterrània part its to be a intimin Accelerator Coaster , exept it is a new car design, it is thought to be themed like airplanes, but with riders sitting on the wings, how smart will that be, great ride for a great park
viva espania! :W :lol:

edit.oops through my exitmant, i didnt see the post below, opps :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
[
MostMagicalCat

i must admit(being a frequent vistor to the park) i dont like the location, goung over the lake could spoil the ambence of the entrance, love the lake and with the condor and dragon kahn in the distance, it could spoil the piece and quiet of a lovley part of the park.
dont get me wrong love the sound of this ride however i hope they still respect the qualities and flow of Mediterrània, would have been better someware else in the park,polinesia perhaps, china has aparnt space beside the dragon kahn, but anyhow either way it sounds fantastic and have been waiting on this new for ages
viva espania :D :D
[
themeparkfreak

Quote:
Port Aventura tendrá una montaña rusa que irá a 135 km/h

La nueva montaña rusa alcanzará 135 kilómetros por hora en sólo 3,5 segundos y los ocupantes irán con los pies colgando junto al suelo

SARA SANS - 14/12/2005
PORT AVENTURA

Un coche de fórmula 1 alcanza los 100 kilómetros por hora en cuatro segundos. La nueva atracción de Port Aventura, que costará seis millones de euros, se moverá a 135 kilómetros por hora en sólo 3,5 segundos. Esta montaña rusa será la estrella del parque a partir de la temporada del 2007, cuando se estrene. Estará ubicada en el área temática de la Mediterrània y arrancará y avanzará siempre en horizontal, a ras de suelo o a ras de agua a una velocidad de vértigo.

Quienes no se han atrevido con el Hurakan Condor (que baja a 115 kilómetros hora) o con el Dragon Khan (con puntas de 110 kilómetros por hora), lo van a tener difícil. La nueva montaña rusa, que todavía no tiene nombre, está pensada para un público joven y para amantes del riesgo y, especialmente, de la velocidad. En el argot especializado se califica este tipo de atracciones como acelerator porque su principal característica y máximo atractivo es su aceleración. Pasará de 0 a 135 kilómetros por hora en menos de cuatro segundos y sin recurrir a pendientes. Tampoco tendrá loopings (vueltas de campana). La salida de la atracción será a través de un túnel para salir acto seguido al aire libre, con lo que será visible para los visitantes del parque.

La nueva apuesta de Port Aventura será una montaña rusa parecida a la que hay en Alton Towers, en Inglaterra. Sin embargo, en aquella atracción los ocupantes van sentados en una especie de trenecillo. En Port Aventura se ha diseñado una especie de fuselaje de avión que correrá por encima de un raíl, pero los asientos colgarán de las alas, al estilo de los del Hurakan Condor. Los ocupantes viajarán a toda velocidad y a pocos centímetros del suelo y también del agua, puesto que en un momento de su recorrido la atracción cruzará el lago de la Mediterrània, el que da la bienvenida a todos los visitantes del parque.

Fuentes de Port Aventura aseguran que a la velocidad se añadirá otra emoción: la de ver cómo, con su recorrido sinuoso, la montaña rusa esquiva los objetos que encuentra a su paso. Cada viaje tendrá una duración de 55 segundos y cada hora podrán subir a la atracción 1.500 personas, casi el doble que en el Hurakan Condor, que tiene capacidad para 850 personas por hora.

Esta misma semana el consejo de administración del parque aprobó el proyecto aunque quedan algunos flecos por definir: la atracción se ubicará en el área de la Mediterránia, donde ahora sólo hay dos atracciones: la Estació del Nord (el tren) y el Port de la Drassana y también por una cuestión de espacio, ya que la nueva montaña rusa será muy grande, pero todavía no se ha determinado el punto exacto de salida. También queda por decidir la tematización de la atracción y si se incorpora algún espectáculo para amenizar la espera.

Construir la nueva montaña rusa costará un año y medio de trabajo, aunque la estructura y el material se preparará fuera del parque y los trabajos sólo serán visibles durante el montaje de la atracción. La inversión de la que será la estrella de Port Aventura a partir de la temporada 2007-2008, cuando el parque cumpla su duodécimo aniversario, superará los seis millones de euros. Su puesta en marcha coincidirá con la construcción del conjunto residencial y hotelero que Port Aventura desarrollará junto al parque.

just thought i'd translate it for everyone

Port Adventure will have a hunting that will go to 135 km/h The new hunting will reach 135 kilometers per hour in only 3.5 second and the occupants will go with the feet hanging next to the ground SARA SANS - 14/12/2005 PORT VENTURE A car of formula 1 reaches the 100 kilometers per hour in four seconds. The new attraction of Port Adventure, that will cost six million euros, will move to 135 kilometers per hour in only 3.5 seconds. This hunting will be the star of the park as of the season of the 2007, when it is released. It will be located in the thematic area of the Mediterrània and will always start and advance in horizontal, level with ground or water at a speed of vertigo. Who do not have themselves bold with the Hurakan Condor (that lowers to 115 kilometers hour) or with the Khan Dragoon (with ends of 110 kilometers per hour), they are going it to have difficult. The new hunting, that still does not have name, is thought for a young public and lovers of the risk and, specially, the speed. In the specialized jargon east type is described as attractions like acelerator because its main characteristic and attractive maximum are its acceleration. It will happen of 0 to 135 kilometers per hour in less than four seconds and without resorting to slopes. It will not have loopings either (returned from bell). The exit of the attraction will be through a tunnel to leave immediately afterwards outdoors, with which he will be visible for the visitors of the park. The new bet of Port Adventure will be a hunting similar to which there is in Alton Towers, in England. Nevertheless, in that attraction the occupants go seated in a species of trenecillo. In Port Adventure a species of airplane fuselage has been designed that will run over a rail, but the seats will hang of the wings, in the style of those of the Hurakan Condor. The occupants will travel at full speed and to few centimeters of the ground and also of the water, since in a while of its route the attraction will cross the lake of the Mediterrània, the one that gives the welcome to all the visitors of the park. Sources of Port Adventure assure that at the speed another emotion will be added: the one to see how, with its winding route, the hunting avoids the objects that find to their step. Each trip will last of 55 seconds and hourly 1,500 people will be able to raise the attraction, almost the double that in the Hurakan Condor, that has capacity for 850 people per hour. This same week the advice of administration of the park approved the project although they are left some flecos to define: the attraction will be located in the area of the Mediterránia, where now only there are two attractions: the Estació of the Nord (the train) and the Port of the Drassana and by a space question, since the new hunting will be very great, but still the exact point of exit has also not been determined. Also it is to decide the tematización of the attraction and if some spectacle is gotten up to brighten up the delay. To construct the new hunting will cost a year and means of work, although the structure and the material will be prepared outside the park and the works will only be visible during the assembly of the attraction. The investment of which it will be the star of Port Adventure as of season 2007-2008, when the park turns his twelfth anniversary, will surpass the six million euros. Its beginning will agree with the construction of the residential and hotel set that Port Adventure will develop next to the park.

:wink:
Ketchup

Don't be so certain it's an Intamin accerlerator, from what i've read in that text I don't actually see the word 'Intamin' or 'Accerlerator'.

For all we know it might be either a Premier or S&S launch coaster.
CGM

http://tinypic.com/mc88kh.jpg

Look at the wheel arangements and bracings, they are exactly the same, it's an Intamin
Ketchup

^ I'm pretty certain it's an Intamin.
I'm just saying it's seems odd that they didn't state the manafacturer or coaster type in the press release.
Wez

Its been confirmed as Intamin and will be the third terrain based Accelerator by the company. Speed at Tusenfryd will form the second terrain/non top-hat accelerator.

I think the location is a bit naff but the layout looks amazing. The outreach seating will also allow for the "legs dangling over the water" effect that so many parks have tried!

No doubt it'll be an excellent coaster. :)
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111
Kaz

We do have a topic on this but im a lazy git at present so im not going to try and look for it.
MostMagicalCat

edit.oops through my exitmant, i didnt see the post below, opps
thanks kaz but i did see it
[
Kaz

:oops: My boo.
tomofthetowers

Hi Guys.

I'm going to Spain with my cousins this summer and we're planning the obvious trip to Port Aventura and I was wonderin if anyone who's been can tell me how busy the park gets in the summer, and just how good Dragon Khan is?!
Stu

Hey,

It gets quite busy in the summe, also you get the school locals who are off school go to the park. Make sure you head to that ride soon as you enter the park. It's a very good ride. Attualy the bends are quite small and intense. But it's a nice ride overall, well worth a queue to get on it.

Enjoy mate.
Martin1

Dragon Khan is very good. I can imagine the park to be packed basically, but it is open 14 hours every day in summer. So im sure youl get on everything, but it was very busy when the car parks were a quarterr full, so i can imahine it to be horrible in the summer time.

All rides are good, and i would recomend buying the fast tickets, 21 euros i think for 8 rides, but the good rides are on here.

Enjoy.
mike22

Hi People,

I went to Porta Aventura in July last year for two weeks. While we were there we went to the park 11 days out of 14 as we purchased all of our passes before we went.

The park was very busy with loads and loads of people but queues for the rides were not long! :D The longest we ever waited for a ride on Dragon Khan was 30mins max. Stampedia had the longest wait of around an hour.

Most of the rides were walk ons or had at least a 10min wait - it was really not long! Which was really good as on average we got round every ride twice!

I would strongly recommend you stay for the fireworks/laser show at the end as its fantastic!

Im sure you will have a fantastic time Tomofthetowers! If you have any questions just personal message me.

Cheers Mike 22 :W
tomofthetowers

Cheers guys, awesome. I'll make sure I get the fastrack tikcets and stay for the fireworks/lasers! I take it you can book the fasttrack tickets online?
Martin1

Not sure. I know you can buy them on the day, may aswell do that, and im not entirely sure if theres fireworks this year, they have something called 'Aqua music' fountians and music andall that jazz. Pretty good, got a preview of it whikle we stayed in Port Aventura :) Any help needed give us a message.
Anonymous

To be honest, I thought Stampeda was the best coaster at the park. One of the finest woodies I've ever been on, it's a total riot. I came off crying with laughter all three times I rode it in the day.

For me, Dragon Khan was a let-down. Just inversion after inversion after inversion. It's just too smooth and predictable with virtually no air-time except for the first drop if you're lucky. A huge disappointment. Definitely a case where B&M's smoothness goes against them.

Overall though, the park is wonderful and makes you realise just how magicless Alton Towers has become. Their rapids is really exciting, their log flume seems to be on acid and if it's a hot day, Tutuki Splash is a Godsend. Also, make sure you experience Temple del Fuego, a stunning walk-through attraction.

Oh, and if it looks anything like approaching a thunderstorm, expect everything over 2ft high to come to a grinding halt :roll:
queenofspeed

ive just been to Port Aventura.
Its open til midnight during peak times (july / august) it wasnt very busy when i went, we did Dragon Khan first and basically walked on. it was busier as the day went on though but they put a second train on so it kept the queues down.
Best thing to do is try and get the big rides done 1st
i did the park in a anti clockwise circle, which was china (dragon khan), Mexico (Hunkran Condor), Far West, (Stampida and El Diablo) then do Polyniesia last, it helped us miss the biggest queues.
Other tips. um eat before 2pm as most Spanish eat lunch around then and alot of places became really busy around then, we ate around 11am as we had got up at 8am as we travelled from Barcelona, but it was quiet.
It gets really really hot, and apart from Polyenisa there isnt alot of shade walking around so drink plenty of water and use suncream.

Dragon Khan is a really good ride, i really enjoyed it but i think its a tad rough if im honest
Stampida is awesome again its rough but its a laugh a minute, we did both trains and its so funny, also go on Tomhawk as its rougher then Stampida but it supposed to for kids!
Anyways its a good theme park and is really well themed!
MostMagicalCat

ok a bit of advise, i have frequently visit this park and love it.
on your ticket there are numbers indicating each ride, these are one time fast track pasess, you go in the fast track entrance and they scribble the number out and walah, no queue, its hell in summer and this is a godsend,used it many times, have a great trip
[
MostMagicalCat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfPbmQ3J4FQ

dont know if its a fan vid, but hey looks cool
[