PortAventura World

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Liam.W

I'm looking into buying a PA Premium Annual Pass as it works out cheaper for when I go on holiday in June. Does anyone know if there are any other exclusives you get with the passes except just unlimited entry to Portaventura Park and Costa Caribe Aquatic Park?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Liam.W

Ferrari Land tickets have gone on sale today.

There are four ticket options:
1) 1 day, 2 parks (Ferrari Land and Portaventura Park)
2) 2 days, 2 parks (Ferrari Land and Portaventura Park)
3) 3 days, 3 parks (Ferrari Land, Portaventura Park, and Costa Caribe Aquatic Park)
4) 4 days, 3 parks (Ferrari Land, Portaventura Park, and Costa Caribe Aquatic Park)

There is no option to just book a single ticket to Ferrari Land, you have to buy in one of these packages. Ferrari Land tickets also require you to get a time slot for the park; morning, afternoon, or full day.

Annual pass holders should ring this number for further information: 0808 234 3399

More information can be found on this rather nice website released today! https://ferrariland.portaventuraworld.com/en/?#entradas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ponder

So its 15 Euros on top of standard entry, effectively. That's probably *just* about the right price point for a separate gate, I guess.
Liam.W

Portaventura have announced the name of Europes tallest rollercoaster!

Red Force

Not a fan personally! To be honest I much prefer Vertical Accelerator!

theparklifekid

Liam.W wrote:Portaventura have announced the name of Europes tallest rollercoaster!

Red Force

Not a fan personally! To be honest I much prefer Vertical Accelerator!
And the award for most disappointing name to a ride that originally had a much cooler one goes to....

V̶e̶r̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶A̶c̶c̶e̶l̶e̶r̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ Red Force!
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Chris
Admin
Admin

Well the coaster in Abu Dhabi is basically called Formula Red - so to us it may not sound great, but the rest of Europe it will..
Luce

Yeah, the general public won't pay much attention I wouldn't have thought but the enthusiast in me thinks they could have chosen a more exciting name. But apart from that, it does look fab and a reason to go back to PA.
ThemeCrafter264

I've got some good and bad news. The good news is Europe is having a new 'theme park' (more like a land) opening today but the bad news it's Ferrari Land ;)

Red force, the launch coaster has had some povs online and it simply is a taller stealth. The weird airtime hill at the end is completely random as the ride is considerably braked and it doesn't go high whatsoever. Anyway a pov... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h1qylK3XZ3o
MakoMania

Can't see anything to complain about in that. Does what it says on the tin! Don't know quite what you were expecting TPC?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
ThemeCrafter264

I personally find the whole area rather cheap and honesty I think it should never have been counted as its' own park because it is very small.
Liam.W

I don't see why Ferrari Land is getting so much hate! I personably can't wait to visit and I think it looks great!

Portaventura have also released this video to mark the launch of the new park!

Tom170499

Liam.W wrote:I don't see why Ferrari Land is getting so much hate! I personably can't wait to visit and I think it looks great!

Portaventura have also released this video to mark the launch of the new park!
I agree that it looks great, but myself and many others that I have spoken to about it believe that it should have been an extension of the existing theme park, and not an entirely new park in its own right as it seems just too small to justify paying for a separate ticket.

I have no plans in the near future for a trip to Salou but when I eventually do go again, I would love to visit it.
Owen

I wouldn't say hate but it's not really got much drawing me in. I personally don't see it as it's own park at all - seeing as (at least online) you have to buy a ticket for the main park as well as Ferrari Land. So really it's just an up charge area from my point of view.

In regards to Red Force, as far as I'm concerned I'm happy with Stealth if I'm honest. After working out some forces it seems that Red Force's launch is almost 50% less powerful than Stealth's which works for a multi-launch coaster like Taron or Cheetah Hunt, but I'm not sure I like the idea of it on this layout style purely because the powerful launch is one of the best parts (for me). Then as others have said the layout seems to scream wasted space (both vertically and horizontally), which is a shame when I think that "Europe's fastest multi-launch coaster" would have worked so much better (looking at Taron).

That being said, whilst Red Force itself is definitely not the main draw for me I expect it's a fun ride all the same. In my opinion, the theming looks pretty fantastic so that'd be my main reason fir going in. However as a whole, Shambhala remains to be the main reason I'd go out my way to make the trip out! :P

Moving on, it seems that the launch is having troubles with engineers having to be called to the ride. Hopefully it's nothing too major as this is definitely not a ride you won't want to be waiting longer for due to tech issues based on how small the trains are!
Chris
Admin
Admin

That launch sound is incredible. It may lack the acceleration of the hydraulic launch coasters, but in the long run it requires so much less maintenance, no annual cable change, and much better reliability.

Red Force may look like Stealth, but in comparison the sheer amount of completely vertical track looks outstanding. Definitely looking forward to it.

I'm really intrigued to see if Intamin can match the speed of the hydraulic launch coasters with this LSM technology, and specifically if Six Flags Dubai's alleged record breaking coaster uses it.
ponder

It probably should be an extension of PA, but the extra price isn't much of a sticking point for me. You can still get entry to PA and FL combined for less than a full price ticket to Alton Towers or Thorpe Park.
mol7030

Does anyone know the dates for Halloween events at PortAventura? Or what 2016's dates were as a guideline?
Dom

All I can find is from September till November, but one would assume end of September until early November
Burniel

Nothing announced for 2017, but the 2016 dates were 24th September to 13th November (source, in French, bizarrely).

2015's dates were 26th September to 15th November (source).

Hopefully this gives you a rough idea.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
mol7030

Thanks guys. Reckon it'll be still hot / busy? We are thinking of giving September a try this year.

M
MO'L
addy2503

Hey, does anyone know how strict the staff at PortAventura are with maximum height restrictions? There are a few rides with a 1.95m max height restriction (Red Force, Furious Baco, Dragon Khan, Hurakan Condor), & I am around 1.96-1.97m tall, so I was wondering if I'd be likely to be able to ride them?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk