PortAventura World

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AstroDan

6million euro? Thats only £4million. What the hell can they build with such a low budget? :?
Ash

Thats got to be a fan vid surely?

But saying that look at those cars! Who could make them?
Anonymous

Interesting. We'll have to see if it turns out to be genuine. If it is, the ride looks pretty dull, apart from the cars. Looks like a 'Tesco Value Rita' - no frills, just thrills. . .
Martin1

[quote=""AstroDancer""]6million euro? Thats only £4million. What the hell can they build with such a low budget? :?[/quote]

Think it was said, that it was going to be more in the region of 12-15 million euros. Am not entrirely sure, but it certainly was more than 6 mill.
MostMagicalCat

found some pics aswell online

over all layout
the view over the lake

the nothing before the coaster!
[
Matthew

Whoo Hoo! I'm going to Port Aventura in June 2007 with my school so I'll be going on this ride as soon as I get in. :D :D
Matt 125

So any new information on this 2007 Rollercoaster?

This video really does show the layout a bit better with an onride video. I must say it is a very different launched coaster but to me it seems a bit boring.

Matt :D
AstroDan

It looks like Air style, but more bland. The layout looks very simple, and the lack of tightness will make for few forces one would have thought?

:?
Matthew

What is the actual official opening date of the ride? Does anyone know?
Rollercoaster 4 Life

Some of the coaster information:
  • The cost will be 27 Million Euros
  • Unconfirmed grand opening is May - June 2007
  • Project: Thinkwell Europe SL (Same people that created Temple del Fuego).
  • Coaster manufacturer: Intamin
  • Model: Accelerator Coaster
  • Launch System: Hydraulic Launch
  • Capacity: 1500 riders per hour
  • Length: 850 meters
  • Inversions: 1
  • Max Speed: 135 km/h
  • Duration: 0:55
  • Max Acceleration: 0 − 135 km/h in 3.5 seconds
The Theme
The new “coaster” will be based on a crazy machine to transfer wine barrels, created by a crazy inventor. During the waiting area we will see several robots collecting the wine, and in the end we will raise in the machine of transport of barrels (the coaster). The wine culture is traditional at Mediterrània. The name of the coaster is 'The Accelerator'.

*Information not 100%.

Source:http://www.umwebsite.com/portal.php?id= ... dex&lan=en

Regards,
Rollercoasters4Life :D
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!
X

I like the theme but i'm not sure about the name! I think an inversion would spoil the ride but at least it'll be different! Does anyone know when construction will start? :?:
Rollercoaster 4 Life

[quote=""X""]I like the theme but i'm not sure about the name! I think an inversion would spoil the ride but at least it'll be different! Does anyone know when construction will start? [/quote]

Well, they have started land clearing ready, so I would think footers and track arrival will be within a few weeks. :?
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!
Matthew

Hi. I am going to Port Aventura next year in June with my school and I was wondering what is the best ride there and that would be worth standing in the roasting heat for? Also how busy will it be in June? :D :D
Rollercoaster 4 Life

I would say all of the rides are worth waiting for in heat. IMO Dragon Kahn is the best ride there, followed by Hurakan Condor, then Blue Stamida, and then the Red Stampida. I don't no about the queues in June, as I have only been in July and October. I would say the queues wouldn't be to bad thought, seen as its not any special time.

Dragon Kahn and Hurakan Condor in the dark is a must. Also, another must do is to go on the Stand-up, No Floor and tilting side on Hurakan Condor. :D

Hope that can be of help. :)

Regards,
Rollercoasters4Life

PSN ID]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!
MostMagicalCat

hello the, you will have a blast, port aventura is a fantastic park with soooo much on offer, so well desighned, and maintained.

heres a short guide to the worlds, from my perspective.

meditranio-not really any rides, more a welcoming area and a place to stage the summer spectacular fireworks(haven't seen em yet, but im sure they are fantastic). there is a transport(train station) there, and by the time you go, you will experience the new launch coaster they are building(lucky sod). usual launch coaster however the cars will be to the side of the track, like sitting on the wings of a plane.wow, your jammy getting on dat one!! :wink:

polynesia- lots of kiddie rides here, plus the fantasic tukiti splash, prepare to get wet wet wet, also the sea odessey simulator is there with its outstanding theming, a pirate ship and bird show also exist there.

china-ooh the dragon kahn, 8 inversions and balls off steel, this b+m twister will take take your breath away and have screaming for more, i love this coaster, as usual for the best ride sit on the back left seat.Not many other great rides here, lots for the kiddies, and a great chairyplains ride.

mexico- the mine train is ok, not the best 3 lift hills dominate this ride for me, but it is worth a whirl. The Huraken Condor also hails here, fantastic views of the park and salou/pineda from this, takes your breath away.Also a great themed ride called the temple of fugo, i wont spoil it for you by telling you the ins and outs, but it is THE BEST experience in the park.A few more flats then it takes you to the ...

Far West- with the wardly woodie, stampedia, great ride, slightly uncomfterble but worth it, the kiddie coaster tomahawk is worth a shottie to, nice and sleek, short ride but great!!log flume river rapids are all found here, lots a shops aswell.

now june is busy the spanish school holls have just started, but dont fear, i will bless you with the knowledge i wasnt given to skip those crap queues.

On your tickets there are numbers, each representing a ride, "its a fast passs!!!" they dont tell you, but if you go into the fast pass queue, it gets you on the big rides at least once, with a much shorter queue, this saves the torture that i had to endure.

hope any of this helps you
if you have got any questions i will haply give them to you
take care
mostmagicalcat
[
Thomas

I'm also going next year

Can't wait, i really wonna go on Dragon Kahn, looks amazing(mind you, all b&m's do)

Going in the six weeks hols so I'm expecting long ques :evil:

Thomas
TenZero

Im going next year aswell. Is it worth buying the Max passes?
MostMagicalCat

matt when you going?
max passes are good but if you have one day, your park ticket gives you fast pass rides(use once).
In the summer it gets very busy, long hot queues, i like it in october, halloweenish, quiet and with extras!
[
Matthew

I need somebody to help me. I have looked on the internet for a week trying to find videos of the rides at Port Aventura that Windows Movie Maker will accept. I don't know why it won't let me import the videos but when I try it comes up such and such is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker. So i was wondering if anyone would be so kind to help me on my search to find videos of the rides at Port Aventura that Movie Maker will let me import so I can make a movie about Port Aventura? :? :? :D
scottjenkins

Hurakan Condor is easily the best ride in the park, and the only intimidating ride i have ever been on since Oblivion opened its doors in 1998. No other tower drop ride is half as good as this and believe me when i say that it really is the scariest thing i have ever been on especially stand up floorless tilt! aarrgghh!