PortAventura World

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Williscroft

OMG :shock: I so want to ride this, wont be able to for many years though :( I still get a bit worried when at the top of Apocalypse even though ive been on it more than 100 times, i would probably have a heart attac when at the top of that beast. At least Apocalypes has had a fair few years of no mega competition. :D Very good themeing aswell.
oriolat

Yeah! Here's my Hurakan Condor on-ride photo:

If you look carefully you'll realise how tall is thisss thing! It was a really adrenaline pumping ride.
You know, when you're up there and you see the view... it's so great but... oaaah!
You can see our faces when our gondel was released.
From left to right:
Irene, a friend of mine
Ferran, another friend of mine
Me, (the one with the orange t-shirt)
Carlos, a spanish coaster fan friend of mine.

I rode it about 6 times because there was an average waitint time about 1 hour. The rest of the queues where EMPTY. Dragon Khan with a maximum queue of 15 minutes all day and the most part was walk-on.
Diddi

Image <---->Image
Chris J

I went to Port Aventura on Saturday and couldn't wait to ride this!! Got on the ride, and when we got to the top, I just remembered that horrible feeling you get on Detonator at Thorpe when you drop. I was so nervous, and then it dropped.... and to be honest was pretty dissapointing. It got half way and then all feeling was lost. The car just shaked all over the place left to right pretty violently. I don't know what it is about Detonator, but I still haven't managed to ride another drop tower like it!!!

The tilting of the seats on this didn't do anything at all. Did lots of repeats rides too...
MostMagicalCat

im still looking forward to it in october......was it higher than detonator?
isn`t this one higher?
[
Chris J

Yes it's a lot higher than Detonator :)
woody

i went in may a few weeks after it opened its not anything special i tell you its just like apocalypse but with stroppy ride opperators,big queues and the car shakes really violently when going down its the first with sit down tilt seats the good point is that its really high! nothing special IMO :x
MostMagicalCat

so why is detonater better im just curious done apocolipce in dm and that was scairy(tilted and hanging) and that was well scairy what has detonator got that apoc/hcondor hasn`t
[
Ketchup

^ Forces.
Adz
Admin
Admin

what has detonator got that apoc/hcondor hasn`t
Extreme Force.

Detonator pushes you down the Tower using pneumatics at the top and also has very short brakes at the bottom pushing you into a 5.5 G stop. Apocalypse and HCondor slow down over a greater area so the force is weakened. plus they just drop, not push down.

Thats why.
MostMagicalCat

okay thanks! 8)
[
Anonymous

I realy love freefall drop towers me and my bro when we went to drayton were puttin a bet on withc ones go to the station first he won lucky sod lol :(
i like apocalypse no matter how many times i go on it im still scared the sitting down scares me more than the stand up but i eraly like the floorless...but why have they stoped with the music and put 100.7 heart fm the one that sponsers them but sometimes when theres realy silly mucis on like S club 7 it realy wrecks the atmosphere....
oriolat

Very reliable rumors are telling that PortAventura and Intamin are working toghether for a new coaster in 2007.
After the great success of the latest addition to the park: Hurakan COndor, PortAventura wants to add another world class thrill ride.

It is said that the ride could be an Intamin Accelerator and partially or fully enclosed and heavily themed.

Good news for my home park!! yeayyyyy!

If it's true... 2 years to build a coaster is quite a lot considering that the construction and themeing of Expedition Everest has taken a year and another half.
Then, shall we expect something huge?
haydn!

Not neccasarily, could just be well planned. But judging by previous additions to the park, and general standard of theming - something huge might just be on the cards.

Although, with universal now nolonger being associated with the park financially. i cant see anything quite on the scale of Everest, the worlds most expensive and biggest Disney based attraction, being built.
Crofty

Oriolat Could you just confirm if Universal are still associated with the park - Many people are saying that It is not, but i'm not convinced.

:D :D
haydn!

I remeber hearing several months ago that they were pulling out of the park. And the Universal name no longer appears on the logo. Although the website does still say it is part of the Universal Group. So i guess i was wrong.

But does still look like Universal are minimising association.
Anonymous

I read that it's no longer called Universal, but just PA on Screamscape.
Ketchup

http://www.portaventura.es/resort/img/u ... resort.gif

Proof that Universal are still associated with the park found on the offical Port Aventura website, however I believe they want to drop it, however i'm not certain about that.
MostMagicalCat

going there in oct, where will they be building the new coaster......
round the back of the tikuti splash would be a good space?
[
Anonymous

Universal dont directly manage the Port Aventura park anymore, but the park is allowed yo use the name, the trademarks of Universal, Characters and Technology that Universal create and use in their parks. Hope this helps.

Mike