PortAventura World

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Alex

Aside from the roughness the staff when I went are exceptionally slow and the queue time was regularly over 1h 30
SmilingMonkey

I'd say definitely Shambhala, smooth, fast and just excellent really beautiful ride!
Ready_23 wrote: Aside from the roughness the staff when I went are exceptionally slow and the queue time was regularly over 1h 30
Queue time is long for Furius Baco earlier in the day as it's the first main coaster to open - avoid this time at all costs as you'll be queuing way longer than advertised! Go back around 4pm/5pm and the queues are much shorter!
Alton Towers, Animal Kingdom (WDW), Blizard Beach (WDW), Chessington World of Adventures, Epcot (WDW), Hollywood Studios (WDW), Legoland, Magic Kingdom (WDW), PortAventura, Seaworld (Orlando), Thorpe Park, Typhoon Lagoon (WDW), Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure
wrightiee

Shambala hands down, it oozes elegance
zoid

Dara wrote:I'll be experiencing Blue Fire for the first time this year so am intrigued to make a comparisson.
Blue Fire launch is like a children coaster compared with baco. :) I also voted for Baco, the launch is so intense and i love in-line twist. But Dragon Khan is my all time favourite and Shambhala is fantastic at night.
Emma

i voted for Shambhala. Amazing ride, so smooth and loads of airtime-especially at the back!
I must say it was a hard decision though, Baco I love simply because of the launch, i know its not the fastest but it feels so powerful, best first ride of the day, it certainly wakes you up!
I also really love Hurakan Condor, I dont know why, maybe because its not forceful, just fun!

Draghan Khanis a good ride just very painful

Thought its worth a mention that El Toro isnt at PA. :lol:
iBacon

Thinking about booking a holiday to PortAventura in the summer and was wondering how busy it would be. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
wrightiee

I went in the first week of September last year. The weather was still great and the park wasn't overly rammed. It was busier than I had anticipated, but in one extremely busy day we did all the main attractions. Also the late night openings are still available during that first week of September
Alex

We went last summer and the queue times weren't too bad, Baco has the longest queue usually, the standard time was probably 1h30 as its near the front of the park. Some of the rides dont open till 11.00 including Shambhala and Dragon Khan. During the firework display is when you can really take advantage as most people head to the front of the park and I managed to do DK 5 times in 25 mins. Shambhala's queues were consistent throughout the day and I can't remember a time where it was under 30 mins (again during quieter during the fireworks). Hope this is of some help to you and if you get there enjoy your trip!  :D
iBacon

Oh and do you know if they do any shows in English?
Alex

No the shows are generally in Spanish, apart from the music show as the songs are in English
Wedjie

Just returned from PortAventura - queue times vary roughly between 30mins and an hour. But they do fluctuate MASSIVELY throughout the day (Baco went from 3hour queue at 10:30 to a 20min queue in the afternoon)
craig.day.92

Looking forward to visiting again this year, see they are building a new ride - anyone have a  clue on what it is?
Last edited by craig.day.92 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark-Cal

I'm visiting Portaventura for the first time later this year and really looking forward to it !
The new ride behind Shamballa looks like it's going to be a splash battle type thing, there was talk earlier about it may be some new type of water coaster but that seems very unlikely now.

There's some construction footage on Youtube taken by some Spanish enthusiasts, take a look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTDlYpTQl3I&list=PL7SC7HCxnz04b7x7eVfDmgzdQ_aMdVTQc
craig.day.92

Ah I'm sure you have a great time, One of the best parks I have been too :D. Thanks for the link, Yea does look like one simlar they have at AT.
Last edited by craig.day.92 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThrillJunkie

Last I heard they were building a new interactive splash battle type of ride to go in the new "Asia" themed area of the park.

From rumors and construction photo's it look pretty good. Would love to go to Port Adventure again some day.
ThrillJunkieUK
craig.day.92

iBacon

craig.day.92 wrote: These have been released...http://www.portaventura.co.uk/theme-par ... des/angkor
So Excited Now, Visiting in May Half Term, do you think it will be open then?
----reece----

Were going may 19th/20th.. Do you think it will be busy?
craig.day.92

We are going end of April, I hope its open then and not to busy!
Eirdy

Sorry to say this but I had NEVER heard of this place until about 2 mins ago!
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
http://fairfans.freeforums.org/index.php