Lightwater Valley

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Lightwater valley rules

In another topic a while back it said they would be getting a drop tower. I agree with you northern rider what the need the most is a looping coaster then it will a really good park again. :D
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october
jpecool

^^^They got a drop tower called trauma tower or something, but its tiny and it sucks, no offence lightwater, you are a great little park (eagles claw and Ultimate rule) but you really let yourself down there! :( I would really love to see Lightwater get new coaster, or maybe 2. Just like flamingoland is doing. It would be really great because Lightwater could b a fantastic park, they have lots of space aswell!

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Lightwater valley rules

ive been looking at the topple tower on the huss website it looks allsome. It would be a great ride for lightwater valley. Then that would be two good rides in 2 years.
ron

aswell as the OCTOPUS what else is light water valley
getting because i seen the advert on tv
in between emerdale brakes but the advert was that quick i mist what they are getting :clap: :sleep:
R.I.P. Benson The Sealion At Flamingo Land (1984 To 2011)
R.I.P. Mam Susan Hunter Name Can Be Seen On Tiger Plaque At Flamingo Land (1961 To 2010)
R.I.P. Nelson The Chimp At Flamingo Land (1961 T0 2010)
R.I.P. Nanna (1934 To 2009)
R.I.P. Robbie (1964 To 2009)
Lightwater valley rules

Did the advert have pics of the Octopus? and the other thing they are getting is Magic marc's terrific magic shows :roll:
themadman26

hey My local park Twinlakes has a Trauma tower look @ http://www.twinlakespark.co.uk/index2.htm it's also CR%p the ride but also the park's getting betta :twisted:
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere
stupot

Just only seen this topic..

The new ride for 2005 is a Polyp called "Crazy Dancer" and owned by UK Showmen John Armitage and will be at the park for the year.

Click Link for a picture of the ride:

http://groups.msn.com/thunderdome/sheff ... hotoID=731

Stuart
Lightwater valley rules

Yeah but huss sold a Topple tower to a uk theme park and the only one they could have sold it to is lightwater valley. All the other parks had reveled there new rides. Oh yeah the rides now called the octopus.
themadman26

Stuart have you visited Twinlakes you in Leicester :!:
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere
Lightwater valley rules

Ive been to lwv today and the octopus is in fact the ride stu said it was. Its a priity gd ride it combines twisting cars and spin of the twist.
ron

I've seen the light water valley avert

all we need now is to see the new website :paper:
R.I.P. Benson The Sealion At Flamingo Land (1984 To 2011)
R.I.P. Mam Susan Hunter Name Can Be Seen On Tiger Plaque At Flamingo Land (1961 To 2010)
R.I.P. Nelson The Chimp At Flamingo Land (1961 T0 2010)
R.I.P. Nanna (1934 To 2009)
R.I.P. Robbie (1964 To 2009)
Lightwater valley rules

And what will be coming 2006 but i dought they got any plans.
Anonymous

ive heard the octopus is only stayin 4 1 yr is this true :?
Anonymous

ive heard that two :mrgreen:
Lightwater valley rules

yeh it is its op told me it is only gonna be there a year then it is going to be replaced by something big.
X

Has anyone got any pics of the new Octopus ride?
jpecool

I wouldnt be excited its only your average Polyp flat ride. No offence LWV but its nothing special. They are really good fun and all, but i would have so preferred it to be that topple tower. They need a new ride that will put them back on the ever growing thrill ride map!!!!!!!!! If they dont the park will be overlooked more. They should save for a big ride, rather than spending alot on family thrillers.

Pictures of Polyps can be found here (althoigh they may not be exactly the same because of different manufacturers, but thye are still basically the same ride.)
> Polyp by Sartori
> Polyp by SDC
> Polyp by Soriani & Moser
> Polyp by Wieland Schwarzkopf (and some supplied by Gestlauer

Hope that helps

X

There used to be excitement about new rides at LWV. But after a while the park is just inserting cheap flat rides. The Eagles Claw is a great ride but could do with some theming! Is it true about the Toad Hole and Octopus are going at the end of the 2005 season? I have grown up with this park and it is my local so I am always interested in what is going on!
jpecool

Yes the eagles claw is a great ride. That and the Ultimate are my favourite rides there. LWV desperately need a new coaster, a looping one preferably, and not a crappy pinfari one like Grizzly Bear. Its a nice ride and all, but it wont get the park more popularity. Especially with thenew additions to AT, Drayton Manor, and hopefully what is rumoured to be going to BPB in 2006/2007!

They need a new coaster liek i have said, something not to expensive, but doesnt look like a fairground ride, and that doesnt look cheap, an that provides a new thrill. At fist i thought of a premier LIM launched shuttle coaster, only a small one, not like Mr Freeze or anything. It wouldnt be too expensive, it would definately be alot cheaper than Rita if they went with a small one. But i still think it could be too expensive really. :(

Then i thought Gestlauer Eurofighter. If they saved up for a couple of years, we could have another great coaster in the UK. I know oakwood are gonna get one, but still, Typhoon (Bobjaanland) is supposedly a great ride, and only cost 5million Euro!

Okay, if your still thinking there stupid ideas then okay :lol: How about they buy Magnum Force from Flamingoland????? :) :roll: Okay im gonna stop thinking of crap ideas now :lol:

Lightwater valley rules

I belive the octopus is leaving at the end of 2005. Its supose to only be there for a year. It would be a shame if toad hole went its a crap ride but i belive its one of the two left in country. I belive the octopus will be replaced by the topple tower the park op told me the the topple tower will be delayed till 2006.