General Forum Discussion

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Danny

Really hate the new forum at the moment. I know new things are always are at first but I can't see myself adjusting to this too well.
A problem I have is all replies on a topic on cover around 2 thirds of the screen. On the whole left side of the page I have a grey strip.
Also topic don't seem to say I've read them after I've gone back to the board index and refreshed the page.
The sb has lost many features and some smileys don't work however I can see the sb isn't full functional yet.
I think the colours are too bland and the old version looked brighter and more fun.
There's more but don't want to go on too early on.
Rollermad

This is great, quick reply is so useful you don't have to load another page especially on slow internet :D
-Posted on quick reply ;)

EDIT: One thing once you post don't have information as its just annoying maybe have it on that giant grey bar on the left :D
Overall Brilliant, and love that the dragon bar is members only ;)
Tom.B

Rollermad wrote:love that the dragon bar is members only ;)
It's always been members only, RM! ;)
BenBowser

Tom.B wrote:
Rollermad wrote:love that the dragon bar is members only ;)
It's always been members only, RM! ;)
How did you get your signature to show?!?!?!?!
lf2001

Another thing, don't know if someone has said this yet but, the small TT icons next to each forum are always the same, and you never know if a new post has been posted.
lucy2244

I love it. It's so new and smooth, I think I'm in love!
Even writing this seems so much.. smoother! And I really love how the top bar gets smaller when you scroll down- it's all so clean and new, it feels like christmas! :D
I'm so glad version 3 is finally out, everything is so much more professional and up to date now. The forum has always been great but I must say- I think this revamp was really starting to be needed, and right now I think it's 1st class!

I've also just found the little button that means when you're at the bottom of a thread you can press it and it takes you back up to the top- it's like tumblr, towerstimes style! very useful I must say
tallicay2k

Hmm it's gonna get some getting used to. As it's not fully finished I shan't go on.
The only thing I want to say is....not wanting to be harsh....it looks a lot basic and cheap. The older forum looked amazing and set the magic about Alton Towers. But I'm sure you guys have a lot in mind so I'll wait in anticipation. :)
BenBowser

Just noticed a small thing that could be improved. On the shoutbox, the typing box is smaller than the main body, and when on my phone, it enlarges the type box. As I like haveing the keyboard all ready for a reply, I then can't see the whole of people's replies.

Cheers. :)
jamesc

Crap just a fancy template with the towers times stuck on it, like many other sites using word press joomla type templates all starting to look the same.

What happened to reel Web Masters that could design from a blank sheet and code also edit.

SAD, the internet is becoming a world of sites just stuck on templates these days.

Bring back the old towers times, or just give users a choice of style or look.

NOT HAPPY!!!
jamesc

What happened to the arrow to jump to the last post in the topic, bring it back please!
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
Chris
Admin
Admin

jamesc wrote:Crap just a fancy template with the towers times stuck on it, like many other sites using word press joomla type templates all starting to look the same.

What happened to reel Web Masters that could design from a blank sheet and code also edit.

SAD, the internet is becoming a world of sites just stuck on templates these days.

Bring back the old towers times, or just give users a choice of style or look.

NOT HAPPY!!!
Well feel free to go elsewhere.

Thank you for all the other constructive replies. It will take some getting used to (even for the team), but please believe me in the fact we now have the most up-to-date and modern forum out there.
Alex

I have to say well done to all the team for their work on V3, like all new things it will take a while to get used to but I believe it is the best way forward for TowersTimes. An immense amount of hard work has gone into making the site truly unique and I think we now have a community to be proud of! (not that we didn't before ;) )
onair

Really like the new site.

Just one thing with the forum is there a way the last post topics of the right could be wider ? I am viewing this on a big wide screen monitor but it chops most of the topic off. I did like the old forum design with darker background.
Macca79

Hi there.
Anyone know why Tap Talk no longer works with this forum?

Thankyou
Ladyofthelake

Macca79 wrote:Hi there.
Anyone know why Tap Talk no longer works with this forum?

Thankyou
Hi Macca79,

We have now moved to a new, fully responsive forum which displays in the optimum format for whichever device you are using without the need for Tapatalk.

Hope that answers your question :)
bensaund

Is there an option to like a post or rate it up/down? I can't see it as I liked the "Say Thanks" option we had
lewis97
Admin
Admin

bensaund wrote:Is there an option to like a post or rate it up/down? I can't see it as I liked the "Say Thanks" option we had
Currently we don't have a 'Say Thanks' type system, however this is something that's being looked in to, so you may see it, or something similar, return.
Themeparksandy1981

Please don't take this the wrong way and I'm sure the team worked very hard on the main website and forum but it's rubbish. I can't understand why replace a good website and forum in the first place. I bookmarked the forums now as the home page always makes my I phone crash. The forums just need the first post changed with the last post listed so we know it's been updated since we last posted or read.
Themeparksandy1981

On the home page can't you change the news section back to how it was before as it makes my I phone crash. I now bookmarked the forums instead.
JaykeAT

I feel as if this site will probably be better for new members,ones who never used the old forum before as they won't be accustomed to a certain style and thus will be able to just move about freely.
I for one am a fan of v3,I think the balance between colors and style make for an easy one the eye style.One little thought though,would you be able to put the SB on every page? So you can be looking at a topic and the SB,not just one or the other.