General Forum Discussion

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
MiniMurderdoll

Hey guys, welcome to the new forums, we hope you like them! If you notice anything wrong or are having any problems please let us know here and we'll try and fix them as soon as possible.

Burniel

Hi,

New forum's looking great! Just one thing ... is there no "unread replies" function? I always found that extremely useful.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Ilovecoasters wrote:Hi,

New forum's looking great! Just one thing ... is there no "unread replies" function? I always found that extremely useful.
We're glad you like it! On the left hand side of every page there is the 'Forum Menu' which now contains 'View Unread Posts', as shown below.

Burniel

Hi Lewis,

I did think it might be there ... unfortunately my menu doesn't want to open :-k
Eirdy

OH MY GOD!
New forum design, No offence but I really dont like it!
It is to simple and hard to navigate, I suppose i will just have to get used to it. :yikes:
Lee

smilealways wrote:OH MY GOD!
New forum design, No offence but I really dont like it!
It is to simple and hard to navigate, I suppose i will just have to get used to it. :yikes:
Give it a while. With all major change, there has be a certain level of new discovery and time to adapt. Once you get around the new interface, it is much easier to navigate through the forum on this platform. :D
Chris
Admin
Admin

We currently have a snagging list that will be completed over the next few days. As above, if you do see any errors or features that are obviously missing, please let us know.

Many thanks
Dan

One thing ii've noticed is that the new forum doesnt work on Tapatalk (no posts made since the change are showing)

Other than that I quite like it, well done guys :D
LDN1

Loving the new design, well done to all involved. It looks fresh and clean. The one problem I can see is that when someone replies to a thread in any given topic, it shows the time of the post and the user who made the post, but it doesn't show what topic the post was in, could this be sorted out?

Other than that, very nice
Adz
Admin
Admin

Dan.N wrote:One thing ii've noticed is that the new forum doesnt work on Tapatalk (no posts made since the change are showing)

Other than that I quite like it, well done guys :D
As this new forum is now responsive, Tapatalk is permanently disabled. You'll have a much greater range of functionality without it!

We're looking at reintroducing the topic view on the homepage as part of our snaglist. :)
jon18uk

It doesn't seem as obvious as to which posts have new replies as the old forum did, maybe instead of the grey icon turning blue, it could be yellow to indicate new replies?
Chris
Admin
Admin

We are going to fade out the read 'TT' even more to ensure an obvious difference.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Is there any way of telling, when browsing the forums, whether there's new replies or not? The 'New Posts' button was really helpful and just took you straight to the posts.
The forum menu ( on the left if you're on a desktop, at the bottom on mobile) duplicates this functionality.
I also can't see a 'Thankyou' button
We have a new and improved reputation system coming very soon!
the shout box doesn't look very presentable or obvious. I preferred it when the message box was at the bottom and new replies at the top.
Feedback noted, although we want people to get used to the new shoutbox and its vast array of new features before we go about changing it too much. Once you get used to the way messages are displayed it feels a lot more natural.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Tom.B wrote:
Adz wrote:Feedback noted, although we want people to get used to the new shoutbox and its vast array of new features before we go about changing it too much. Once you get used to the way messages are displayed it feels a lot more natural.
Sorry, but I don't see any new features, in fact the features we had (/me Italics) have gone too. The /me was good tbh.
We've not turned many of them on. We're still in a period of test and adjust. You'll see new features come online once were happy with them. The Team also has many additional options for hosting special chats, quizzes and events in the future.

You're right we have streamlined some of the options available to users - this is based on feedback from members using the old shoutbox and what was considered unnecessary and disrupting to chat flow.
jon18uk

Baffles wrote:We are going to fade out the read 'TT' even more to ensure an obvious difference.
Read TT? I just see a dark blue light bulb next to each post in a forum that goes to grey when read. The NEW in red next to each post in the old forum was much more obvious.
lf2001

I can't find a button which goes back to the home page, and I have to close the window, then open the forum again, or go back to get the board index.
Adz
Admin
Admin

lf2001 wrote:I can't find a button which goes back to the home page, and I have to close the window, then open the forum again, or go back to get the board index.
On what page? and what do you mean by home page? the board index in this case is typically the 'home page' ?
LDN1

Tom.B wrote:
lf2001 wrote:I can't find a button which goes back to the home page, and I have to close the window, then open the forum again, or go back to get the board index.
Just click the TowersTimes logo at the top of the page, Lewis.

I also don't like it how it's default to get emailed topic replies. I'm just getting spammed.

Doesn't appear to be very much you do like. Which brings me onto another question, how does one block or ignore a user they don't want to see?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

LDN1 wrote:
Tom.B wrote:
Just click the TowersTimes logo at the top of the page, Lewis.

I also don't like it how it's default to get emailed topic replies. I'm just getting spammed.

Doesn't appear to be very much you do like. Which brings me onto another question, how does one block or ignore a user they don't want to see?
You can set members as 'Friends & Foes' by going into your profile settings, then click on the 'Friends & Foes' tab and then onto 'Manage Foes', on the left hand side. The posts of anyone you set as a 'Foe' will not display as normal to you, however they are still able to message you directly.
BenBowser

Well done on the new forum, it looks really good! :)

However I do have a few issues, sorry about this.
  1. My first issue is that whenever you change a profile setting or login, you then have to click 'Return to Forum' or something like that. it just means that extra click, and for someone who has bad internet connection like me, that one extra click takes another 20 seconds of loading.
  • Another issue is the removal of the Tapatalk compatibility, whilst I understand you have made it responsive for mobiles, it was much easier to have all my forums in one place it also sped up loading for me as my phone now takes a while to load all of the pages features.
  • Another issue is the new profile area, I used to be able to see my basic profile quickly and edit it quickly, now it's too divided and has so many sub-headings it's rather hard to use.
  • My final issue, sorry if this is sounding picky, it that all of the main body buttons are white, against a white background, with light grey text and it makes it hard to see, I now have to zoom in and look hard to find everything.
Aside all that, it's great, and much better than the old one. Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining, I just find a number of new features annoying. Also, why the heck can't I see my signature on topics or indeed anywhere? I have checked it still in my profile settings.
Last edited by BenBowser on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.