General Forum Discussion

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Thank you both for your constructive feedback.

We've not done much over the last couple of weeks due to the event, but still have a snagging list which includes some of the points mentioned above.
RAFFATOWERS

RAFFATOWERS wrote:Hi guys really appreciate the hard work you put into making this site work, we all have to get used to change I guess:)
Just a few issues
keeps jumping to font size when replying to posts.(((fixed)))
Also a few crashes.(fixed)))
Logs you out, when I've asked to keep me logged in.(((fixed)))
Also can we, or have we the option to save assending or descending when viewing posts, instead of scrolling to bottom of page and selecting and saving in each topic. (((Can cope with this)))
( hope I've explained myself properly)

Thanks

Ps am on the iPhone 4 :)
RAFFATOWERS

I'm using the site all the time now and have fully got to grips with it.
The issues I had before have now been fixed.
Still want a thanks button added :)
Chris
Admin
Admin

Evening guys,

Just to let you know that 45 new avatars have been added to the gallery from Alton Towers and beyond..

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Update yours by going to Settings > Profile > Edit Avatar > Display Gallery

Enjoy!
DontLookDown

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, I didn't really want to put it in one of the main forums :/
I know it used to be really easy to check, but I don't know where it would be on the new design, but can anybody tell me the most amount of people that have ever been online at one time/how many members of TowersTimes there are?

My friend thinks there's only like 100 roller coaster enthusiasts in the UK, so I'm trying to prove him wrong
Danny

It's near the bottom of the forum homepage, just below the shout box :)
Kirsty25

the total online at once was 1345 I think or something like that. And TT has over 7000 members I believe!
Adz
Admin
Admin

8000+ Members and continuously growing. We've had over 1000+ people online at once in the past. :)

TowersTimes.co.uk also receives hundreds of thousands of visitors per month. :)
Aidan Lowe

Hey Admins is it possible I could have a username change? I know its cheeky to ask but I'm not keen on my vulgar username :( . If you can could it be 'Andy Mc' :)
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Dan

Mabalzich wrote:Hey Admins is it possible I could have a username change? I know its cheeky to ask but I'm not keen on my vulgar username :( . If you can could it be 'Andy Mc' :)
I know I'm not an Admin or anything but if you'd like a username change then just drop Adz or Rob-TT a PM and they'll sort it for you.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Done
Lee

We value the active community that has developed within the TowersTimes forum. With some very exciting developments on the horizon, we will continue to need your help to maintain the fantastical quality, discussion and friendliness of our forums. We always appreciate any help and assistance with the reporting of posts and topics, primarily those in our 'hot topics'. However it has recently come to our attention that members have begun to take it upon themselves to both warn and reprimand other members in topics, rather than alerting a team member. Back seat moderating, as it is casually known, is counter-productive and creates both a negative and intimidating experience for our members. Please also note that any intensive behaviour of this type in any other areas of the forum, including the ShoutBox is to stop for similar reasoning.

In light of this, I would like to take the opportunity to remind members of the following 'report' feature that is available on all topics and posts.

You can find the option next to the quote feature on all posts.

Specifically, by clicking this button you will be taken to the report page.

The report page allows you to select a reason. Please leave as much information as you can then simply select 'Submit.'

By using the report feature instead of posting in the topic or sending a PM, you allow the forum software to alert all team members instantly. This enables the issue to be dealt with immediately and provides the team with an option to automatically log the problem. All alerts will be dealt with as soon as is viable so there is no need to follow these up with a Private Message to a team member. With regards to the ShoutBox, if behaviour makes any member feel uncomfortable then please alert a team member via PM to deal with the issue.

Once again, we'd like to thank all those who continue to take an active role in our forum and helping to keep us as one of the friendliest and welcoming communities on the web.

- The Towerstimes.co.uk | SouthParks.co.uk Team -
Adz
Admin
Admin

Hello Storm Chasers!

As you can see we've redecorated a little bit . We hope you enjoy this seasonally spooky overlay of the forum. It's a bit of a milestone for us as it's the first time since changing the forum software that we've done anything to the overall look.

SouthParks and TowersTimes websites will be transforming over the coming weeks as we approach all hallows eve.

If you've got any comments or suggestions for us then feel free to fire away!
Zach

Love it Adz, great job to all those involved! Really making it feel close halloween really getting into the spirit :D
Danny

It's really impressive, well done everyone who contributed! I also love that there is a link to upcoming events, and that it just generally gets you in the spirit of Halloween :)
Jack

Looks brilliant! well done! :D
Dom

I love it, and i love all the name changes too. I do have one tiny request. Can we get a new Halloween themed smilie in the SB please.
Morgan

Looks really good, I want Halloween to come now!
Ryan.B

Yes to the Halloween smilie, the colour scheme and background is great! Well done
inFusion

We already have :p)...