General Forum Discussion

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Dan

Nutty Man wrote:Does anyone know how to post smilies?
Hi Nutty Man,

To post a smilie simply click on “Post Reply” then click on the smiley face icon at the top of the text box, the smilies will then appear. The keyboard shortcuts can also be used if you wish ( so : ) without the space inbetween would be :) )

If you need any further help with the forum then feel free to drop me a PM :)
Nutty Man

Does anyone know how you post
quotes?
Last edited by Dan on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double posts
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
Liam.W

When you find a post that you would like to quote, click on the  at the top right corner of the post. This will then open up the text box to write your comments just like any other forum post.

Hope this helps :)
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Nutty Man

Seems obvious now...
Thanks!
Adz
Admin
Admin

Hello!

Sadly the time has come to retire our existing smiley set. Over the coming weeks we'll be slowly phasing them out and introducing a new modern "Emoji" set. 

We're aware of a few bugs, so please bear with us during this transition! :)

And yes, of course we have :poop:
Nutty Man

I liked the old ones! :(
jackf1tz

Well, all good things must come to an end. :cry:
Dan

I love the new smilies :)

The old ones had served their time well (they’ve been around since I joined the forum 8 years ago) so a change was definitely due!
theparklifekid

But what about :sus:?
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
jackf1tz

That's an extremely good point tplk.
Chris
Admin
Admin

We have updated the avatars in the local gallery featuring a selection of nice photos which are now 150x150 pixels wide.

If you use an existing local avatar already, please do select it again in the avatar section in your profile settings, which will then make it appear full size.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dungeon-X-Smile

I think we should have a part of the forum that's dedicated to tackling the big picture theories around the theme park industry, such as IP, VR, AR, coaster evolution and other things we might come up with. Something that isn't about parks or attractions themsves, rather the ideas or concepts of the rides or attractions. I think it would be fascinating to discuss the possibilities around VR with you all, or discuss what coasters paved the way for Merlin to do something as wild as Wicker Man, or discuss about the use of IP around attractions, or what's new at IAAPA and what seems to be shaping the future there.

But right now, they don't really fit into any other section.There is an argument to be made that they fit into maybe the coffee shack, but that area is treated with such light heartedness that I think it would get lost. People are used to talking about video games, or movies, or murder mysteries there. I don't think people would be able to fully discuss these issues with a serious tone, or even discover posts that people made about them. I remember a while back Justin posted something of this nature there, and I don't think it got the reception it deserved simply because it was the wrong location. But if there was a known and clear location for things such as this, imagine the interesting conversations that we could have! 
Chris
Admin
Admin

Being quite honest, I am not sure if there is the demand for a new forum on the subject.

Best place for a topic of this nature would be either European Parks and Attractions, or Rest of World Parks and Attractions.

Topics like the Merlin Annual Pass do not fit these topics as such, but seem to generate discussion should there be enough to talk about.

Try creating a topic in one of these - the team will always try and help a new topic get off its feet if the potential is there.
Dan

Over recent weeks, we have noticed a high number of posts containing content that has originated from external sites, being posted on the forum without the correct credit being given to the original source.

As a reminder, the relevant forum guideline is below:
Guideline 23
If using any content from external sites, including images and text, you must ensure the source is properly credited. Sources must be credited with a hyperlink to the original content. Simply typing the name of the website is not acceptable.
We ask that all members ensure the correct credit is given when using content from external sites.

If anyone needs any assistance with adding hyperlinks to a post, please contact a member of the Forum Team :)
Sozzy40

How do you paste photos onto posts? I think it has something to do with a website called imgur
I can see why the beornen worship Wicker Man
Justin

You'll need to upload your photos to imgur first. From there you'll need the image url. Paste this between the code below and your image will display :)

Code: Select all

[img]www.website.com/image.jpg[/img] 
Sozzy40

Thanks! Assuming I can work out how to upload them to imgur
Chris
Admin
Admin

Sozzy40 wrote:Thanks! Assuming I can work out how to upload them to imgur
You can use any website for hosting photos, and then add the URL between the tags that Justin has stated. For ease, you can also click the black photo icon in the menu bar above your reply to create them.
Sozzy40

Chris wrote:
Sozzy40 wrote:Thanks! Assuming I can work out how to upload them to imgur
You can use any website for hosting photos, and then add the URL between the tags that Justin has stated. For ease, you can also click the black photo icon in the menu bar above your reply to create them.
Thanks!
Sozzy40