General Forum Discussion

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Jack

Main forum page is completely messed up for me, don't know if anyone is having the same issue but just thought I would post it here :)
NemesisRider

I'm having the same problem Jack, the bar with "view your posts", etc. is at the bottom even when the screen is horizontal, and the SB post area is blocked by the statistics. (I can still view the SB but I can't post in it).

Does anyone know what's wrong?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Hello, We've temporarily disabled our shoutbox whilst we look into this problem.

Thanks for letting us know.
TheBeast

Ah was wondering where it had gone ;)
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Adz
Admin
Admin

The Shoutbox is now reactivated.

We've still got a few errors and until they're fully fixed the /me function will be disabled.
NemesisRider

I don't know why this is happening, if it is happening to anyone else and if this is meant to happen, but every time I open the forum after having the tab shut, etc. an advertisement for an app called "Tapatalk" appears. Does anyone know why this is or is it happening to anyone else?
Alex

I noticed it when I went on the site from my phone, Tapatalk is an app which makes browsing the forum easy on a mobile (not as effective now as the site is responsive)
Dan

NemesisRider wrote:I don't know why this is happening, if it is happening to anyone else and if this is meant to happen, but every time I open the forum after having the tab shut, etc. an advertisement for an app called "Tapatalk" appears. Does anyone know why this is or is it happening to anyone else?
I tend to do most of my posting on the forum from Tapatalk. It works well enough but like Alex said now the site is responsive some people may prefer to use their web browser.
Lee

NemesisRider wrote:I don't know why this is happening, if it is happening to anyone else and if this is meant to happen, but every time I open the forum after having the tab shut, etc. an advertisement for an app called "Tapatalk" appears. Does anyone know why this is or is it happening to anyone else?
As Alex says, it's a third party app provided for free that allows easier browsing and loading from mobile devices. It's a little redundant as our site is fully responsive, however a few members like it so we have left the option I believe.

Nothing to worry about :)
NemesisRider

Ah thanks Lee :)
Morgan

Seeing Chinese symbols across the main page...
Lee

TTheory wrote:Seeing Chinese symbols across the main page...
You may need to be a little more specific than that. A screenshot would be extremely helpful :)
Morgan

Think they've gone now ;)
TheBeast

It happens to me occasionally when I bring up the homepage- they disappear after a second and turn into standard symbols again
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
cookiee_munster

hey guys. im having a problem with the forum. sometimes it doesn't load properly. infact, it doesn't load at all. all i get is a blank screen. i refresh it a handful of times and it eventually loads. still kind of annoying.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Not really sure what to suggest here unless we have multiple reports of this.
Danny

I have that same problem. I get a black screen, even when refreshing multiple times.
Another thing that bugs me, when I sign in I ALWAYS tick log me in automatically, yet every time I revisit the site I have to log in again. Any ideas why this might be??
Also, on my iPad, ever so often I get a message coming up saying it cannot load the page due to 'bad address' any ideas on what this might mean?? It sounds similar to the warning message the forum was giving before.
Chris
Admin
Admin

I had the same issue in regards to being logged out all the time, then realised I had private browsing turned on by mistake.
cookiee_munster

Baffles wrote:I had the same issue in regards to being logged out all the time, then realised I had private browsing turned on by mistake.
im using google incognito. could this be the reason i get a continuous blank screen? it took me about 5 attempts to reply to a post just now.
cookiee_munster

ok. ive tried firefox, and chrome without incognito mode and im still getting the same problem...

im on a macbook pro running yosemite if that helps?