Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Danny

So we have some more video clips showing the train on the outdoor lift hill and it seems they are testing the lift hill speeds to see what works best and also emergency stops. It really is coming together now and i think we could see soft openings in February early March time. Enjoy!

Danny

Nothing very interesting but the mirror has done an article on the new ride, confirming it will open in spring this year. The title implies that the ride is complete however no picture updates have been posted recently.

Article: http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/trave ... fs-3033585
Jared

Looks like operator training.
Danny

Short testing vid, nothing we haven't sen but this looks like it's going to be such a good family ride!

Danny

Nothing major to update, but as we get exceedingly closer to opening we can see lots of artificial trees being dotted around. This is the final little deatails that will make this such a great experience!
http://damouse.com/2014/01/28/new-fanta ... s-opening/

Also there is talk that it was originally opening in February however they have fallen behind with finishing it off so have put it back for around 2 months.

And here is the amazing attention to detail shown in some of the indoor sections!
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/fan ... oaster.htm
Danny

Today brings a picture update of the whole site thanks to Orlando park news!
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/02 ... rfs_3.html

It looks as if after that big drop a waterfall will run down the rocks. I love that they are focusing on all the little details that will make this a truly fantastic experience for the whole family :)
Dom

It looks amazing. It is gonna be a good looking ride
lf2001

Looks great! It's very well themed and looks like it'll be a great ride!
Danny

I don't know if there's truth behind this, but Wikipedia states that the seven dwarfs mine train is opening on February 18th. Other rumours suggested the ride wasn't opening for at least another two months. Well I can't wait to see :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Dwarfs_Mine_Train
Alex

I very much doubt its opening then considering they only put out the advert for hiring people last week. Also the media preview event is on 30th April which would suggest an early May opening
Dom

Found this on the bbc website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26332184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Danny

For an all round experience, I'd rather pay that for Disney than £46 for Alton Towers. They put so much money in to making it a truly magical experience. The parades that the hold from 2-4 time a a day must cost a lot in itself.
Themeparksandy1981

Also if you buy Disney 14 day unlimited ticket, which gets you into the 4 main theme parks, 2 water parks and Disney Quest, it works out to be £21 a day. It's cheaper than any Merlin park even with a 2 for 1 voucher and I can select up to 3 rides a day at no extra costs. Disney even make staying on site even better with free parking or use of the transport system. When I last went I was given a free refillable mug which could be used at any of the parks hotels and free food on the dining plan. Even was great that the parks were open 9am to 9pm and a selected park opening a hour earlier or staying open for up to a extra 3 hours. I been in Epcot in the past to after midnight.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomL

A short POV showing snaps of the ride along with the animation is now on YouTube here
Last edited by TomL on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

As much as the ride looks brilliant, to me it looks like it may be a bit rough. Some of the swinging looks quite intense which may be fun or a little uncomfortable.
That has only shown us what we already have seen and knew and know there are many more suprises to be revealed :)
rosco1982uk

Not really as newsworthy as BBC would have you believe.

Genuine question - how many UK visitors buy a 1 day on the gate ticket?

Probably about 0.1%. Most buy 7,14 or 21 day tickets, which as noted are actually superb value.
Dom

To be honest, my other half brought 1 day tickets when we went to Paris for the weekend.
Altontowersbarlow

Another video has been updated and as Danny suspected a waterfall is now in operation over the rock façade :) The footage of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train starts at 1:35 :)
ponder

I tend not to buy the UK deals on Disney tickets. There are reputable online retailers that sell 3-day 'Magic Your Way' tickets with a 4th day free. Decent value, and doesn't tie you into loads of Disney activities if you just want to do the main parks. In fact, this year, we've just bought 2 day park-hopper tickets as we're only in Orlando for 10 days and there's plenty of stuff we won't do this time around (I'm looking at you 'It's A Small World').

Also, you don't need to stay on site to use the free Disney transportation ;) Get to EPCOT (where most of the hotel shuttles will drop you off) and you can travel to any of the other parks for free.
Danny

On Wikipedia there's a new opening date of 30th April. The first opening date was a fake on Wikipedia so I would take this as a pinch of salt. However, that does sound like a realistic time scale so you never know :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Dwarfs_Mine_Train