Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Alton Towers Resort has confirmed that all Alton Towers Season Passes bought before 18th May 2020 will be extended until 30th June 2021.

The Resort is also asking guests with short break bookings up to and including 3rd July to visit the Resort’s website to find out how to move their bookings free of charge.

At this time there is no definite date for when the Resort will be able to re-open, and any re-opening will be subject to ongoing government guidance. The Resort will share their plans for re-opening and any new measures they will put in place as soon as they are able.
CrayCray

Cool, is this the same for the Merlin Annual Pass?
Dan

CrayCray wrote:Cool, is this the same for the Merlin Annual Pass?
Hi CrayCray, welcome to TTSP Forum :)

For the Merlin Annual Pass, once attractions begin to reopen, extra months are being added on to the validity period of the pass to reflect how long they were closed for.

Full information can be found on the Merlin Annual Pass website.
Dan

Would you like to own a piece of Alton Towers Resort history?
Alton Towers
We've been spring-cleaning our Costume Department and found lots of vintage 90s uniform that we know some of you will love!

If you fancy owning your own Oblivion jacket, or Ice Age hoodie, head over to our eBay page https://fal.cn/38guF. The sale is live now!

There is limited stock and sizes, but new items will be added each Monday morning. A donation from the sale proceeds will go to Merlin's Magic Wand Charity and to The Trussell Trust to support local foodbanks.

Bexa

Have all the listings for that been bought now, and will they be back up next week or is it different items? I'd love me one of those Oblivion jackets.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move
Mark0097

These look absolutely great. Hope they aren't brought to be resold.
Owner Of Attraction Central - https://attractioncentral.co.uk
AltonOperator

Looks like everything has sold now. Shame as I liked the look of the ties. I read somewhere that they plan to release more stuff each week so hopefully there’ll be more on soon.
Thanks Jack
Mark0097

AltonOperator wrote:Looks like everything has sold now. Shame as I liked the look of the ties. I read somewhere that they plan to release more stuff each week so hopefully there’ll be more on soon.
Wouldn't mind a Wicker Man jacket.
Owner Of Attraction Central - https://attractioncentral.co.uk
maxjbutton

What are everyone's thoughts on some of the new Covid-19 measures that Towers have announced, for example do you agree with the decision to not make face masks mandatory or not? It would be great to hear what everyone thought.

https://www.altontowers.com/about-alton-towers/blog/preparing-to-reopen-alton-towers-resort/

Here is the article for anyone that hasn't seen it.
Dan

maxjbutton wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on some of the new Covid-19 measures that Towers have announced, for example do you agree with the decision to not make face masks mandatory or not? It would be great to hear what everyone thought.

https://www.altontowers.com/about-alton-towers/blog/preparing-to-reopen-alton-towers-resort/

Here is the article for anyone that hasn't seen it.
The measures that Alton Towers will be introducing when the park reopens are already being discussed in our dedicated Coronavirus topic.

Please continue any discussion regarding COVID-19 and the impact it will have on the industry in there :)
SilverWisp

I'm so jealous of the people who got one of the Oblivion jackets! I need to see more! Looks like we'll be getting some more on Monday though. Did anyone see how much they sold for? It's so nice that they're selling them for charity especially in these difficult times.
~S.W (SilverWisp) A.K.A MJ
Morgan

If I remember correctly, they were going for around £70 :) 
SilverWisp

I can understand if they went for that much considering their collectibility and rarity. Can’t afford that at the moment though since I’m still saving for next years AT trip!
~S.W (SilverWisp) A.K.A MJ
Dan

It appears that the Tree Top Quest page on the Alton Towers website is either being updated or removed.

As you can see from the image below, the page has no content and you are greeted with the generic website background.

Could this be a pointer towards the attraction being closed for good?

Bexa

Does anyone know at what kinda time they will be putting the things up on eBay tomorrow?
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move
Chris
Admin
Admin

Bexa wrote:Does anyone know at what kinda time they will be putting the things up on eBay tomorrow?
They went up at 9am last Monday - not sure if they will stick to the same routine...
Rhezz

https://www.altontowers.com/tickets-pas ... s-gardens/

Thoughts on this?
I’d love to go - I think the gardens are under appreciated. Perhaps opening this up might make the GP realise this part of the park.
Opening the Swiss Cottage up would be great but doubt it will happen.
wamdue

Rhezz wrote:https://www.altontowers.com/tickets-pas ... s-gardens/

Thoughts on this?
I’d love to go - I think the gardens are under appreciated. Perhaps opening this up might make the GP realise this part of the park.
Opening the Swiss Cottage up would be great but doubt it will happen.
reading the website, I cant help but think this is  a dry run for reopening, give staff chance to take temperatures and run some of the stores, before the park opens fully. Its not a day ride of the rides of course but its going to be a few less things to resolve on the full opening day.
Dan

As mentioned above; Alton Towers have announced that they will be reopening their historic Gardens from Saturday 6th June.

Guests wishing to visit the Gardens will need to pre-book a ticket in advance, priced at £12 for adults and £5 for children. Free entry is available for Merlin Annual Passholders and Alton Towers Season Passholders, but tickets must be pre-booked for a £1 fee. Limited food and beverage options will be available, whilst the rest of the Resort will remain closed. The Gardens will be open from 10am until 4pm, with last entry at 2pm.

Will you be making a trip to explore the Estate?
Dan

Alton Towers have released some drone footage that has been captured by two of the Resort’s engineering team during the lockdown period.

Primarily featuring the Gardens, Towers ruins and X-Sector, the video also showcases testing footage of Oblivion, giving fans of the park their first glimpses of the theme park and its preparations for reopening.