Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Vladimir Bobinski

Cars bumping into one another, heads banging back and forward.....sounds like Sonic on a normal day to me.
Themeparksandy1981

The thing that makes the Spinball case worst is that the ride was kept closed to new safety checks were in place and another car hit another on the break run. Also I think the Mirror won't be happy to they see Alton Towers closed down for good.
TheBeast

Did they actually collide or was it at the end of the ride? It usually does at the end of the ride, so...

Can we literally do nothing about it? I literally feel sick every time I see an article like this by the Mirror.. That's all I am going to say because I need to keep a civil tone on here :-#
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
xylyx

Unfortunately there's very little that can be done. The article is very carefully written to avoid libel: everything that they report happened, but they draw correlation where there is none, then exaggerate and cherry pick the events to fit this strange sensationalist agenda they have.

It doesn't help that people know they can easily get any alton towers story published, and they basically say so at the end of the article giving a phone number and an email to contact. It's very sad tbh Thankfully the comments on their fb page seem to indicate a fair few folks are as sick of it as we are.
abigsmurf

Alton Towers have government inspectors on site for the Smiler, there is no way the park would risk lying about the incident, especially when they have no idea who could have filmed it.

It has all the hallmarks of a scam. Mysterious (and hard to disprove) whiplash injuries and the only witness backing them being a friend.
tallicay2k

Jamster42 wrote:Well if this keeps happening the whole park should be closed! [emoji6]
You should be on the mirror forum not the towers.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Adam.W

Jamster42 wrote:Well if this keeps happening the whole park should be closed! [emoji6]
The park won't close. The rides might, but not the park.
Jamster42

sum1mad wrote:
The park won't close. The rides might, but not the park.
Did you not see the wink after my comment? I was joking...
NemesisRider

The Nitrogenie in Gloomy Wood has now opened! Must say it looks great, despite being maybe a little out of place near Duel. They've added some good shops/food places this year. Can't wait to eat there! :)
MerlinFan

Never heard of Nitrogenie but just looked at their website and now I have to have one! They look amazing!
JammyBand

Just for reference, I have discovered the pricing of the Nitrogenie products they're offering.

A regular tub will cost you £4.25
A large tub will cost you £4.95
And a cone will cost you £4.50

Pretty pricey, but to be expected!
Luce

Personally, I think that's fairly reasonable considering it's a not a Merlin branded product and in a theme park but additionally, it sounds tasty :D
Kirsty25

I think it sounds good and if I recall, it's on a par with the Ben and Jerry's stalls on the various Merlin parks :)
TheBeast

What's Nitrogenie???

I may film everything that happens when I go to AT. I know it is unlikely anything will happen, but I'd just like to set the record straight when some moronic media reporter decides its something big. Should knock them down a peg or two if it happens!
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Aidan Lowe

TheBeast wrote:What's Nitrogenie???
Ice Cream vendor near Duel: http://nitrogenie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
abigsmurf

eye-wateringly expensive (need to knock a quid off the prices) but it sounds pretty nice. When you go to a theme park, you want to have unusual sweet treats. Funnel cake, dippin dots, freshly made diddy doughnuts etc.

Seems the mix they use is closer to a light custard than traditional mixes so it should have an incredibly rich taste.
Dan

Alton Towers have confirmed on Twitter that Annual Pass discount at Nitrogenie will be available from today
@altontowers: Hello, Annual Pass discount will now be available from today.
MakoMania

Nemesis is busy today, 40 min wait! Apl other rides 10-15 mins. Wonder if its on 1 train?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Aidan Lowe

Aye it was running on the one train at the start of the day.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
alicheesy

The Nitrogenie flavours this week are Choc Brownie, Choc Honeycomb, Caramelly Popcorn, Mint Choc Chip, Oreo, Vanilla, Nutella, Lemon Meringue, Pavlova and Caramel Honeycomb. (Incase anyone wanted to know if you want to be extra prepared like me)
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever