Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

dementedde wrote:I'm going to Alton Towers this Friday and I need to buy 2 adult tickets for it, but I want to do it as cheaply as possible. What can you guys recommend for me to go as cheap in the small amount of time?
Best way to do it would be to get a 2 for 1 voucher and purchase your tickets from a kiosk on the day using that.
dementedde

Where would I get the 2 for 1 voucher?
Martin

Look for promotional packs of Kellogg's cereal, including Rice Krispies, Coco Pops, Corn Flakes, Frosties and Crunchy Nut (£2-£3), which include a "Grown Ups go free" voucher.
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
Groovee

Frankie and Benny's and tesco are giving away the 2 for 1 vouchers too.
NemesisRider

Also, on the internet, there are sure to be some vouchers to print off.
DeadJack5

Just a quick question. How long does it take to walk from the car park to the entrance? Just saving time from using the monorail. :)
Dan

It takes me about 15 minutes, but I have been known to walk quite fast :)
NemesisRider

The monorail is quicker if there is a short queue. The walk is roughly 10-15 minutes when walking at a good pace (however I have only done it once when the Monorail broke down).
stealthsmiler

I hate riding the monorail as it shows mean what im not doing when it passes through FV. We always pay for express parking. It is so worth it as we dont have to take everything with us and at the end of the day it is brilliant.
DeadJack5

How do you pay for express car parking and how much extra is it?
Altonboy001

Deadjack5 wrote:How do you pay for express car parking and how much extra is it?
£16
stealthsmiler

Just drive up to the Express Parking and someone will stop you at a booth and you pay there.
NemesisRider

To be honest, when your annual pass includes parking for free, express seems unnecessary.
Burniel

nemesisrider wrote:To be honest, when your annual pass includes parking for free, express seems unnecessary.
Premium and (as far as I know) VIP passes only include £30 of parking, gone in just 5 days in Alton Towers! Therefore, you'd soon be paying parking.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

No, premium passholders get free parking at attractions for the entire year, and VIPs get free 'preferred/express' parking all year if the attraction has the facility. The 'average value' of £30 stated on the MAP website is just an indication to customers how much they could save on average.
Burniel

lewis97 wrote:No, premium passholders get free parking at attractions for the entire year, and VIPs get free 'preferred/express' parking all year if the attraction has the facility. The 'average value' of £30 stated on the MAP website is just an indication to customers how much they could save on average.
I was unaware of that, thanks Lewis, that's useful information! :D
NemesisRider

I just thought the passes were free parking at AT for the year! Even if one somehow does run out, we'll have 3 more to use for the parking. :)
Burniel

nemesisrider wrote:I just thought the passes were free parking at AT for the year! Even if one somehow does run out, we'll have 3 more to use for the parking. :)
No, you can use them at Thorpe Park, Chessington, LEGOLAND and more! :)
Dan

Dan.B wrote:
nemesisrider wrote:To be honest, when your annual pass includes parking for free, express seems unnecessary.
Premium and (as far as I know) VIP passes only include £30 of parking, gone in just 5 days in Alton Towers! Therefore, you'd soon be paying parking.
I'm sorry what?

All annual passes (Premium, VIP and Towers own) give you unlimited free parking for the duration off the pass. I must have used my Towers pass on at least 20 occasions over the past year and have always parked for free.

EDIT: After posting this I saw it had already been clarified, a mod can remove if they wish.
NemesisRider

What is everyone's queue tactics?

I would like to know in preparation for the sizzler.