Nemesis - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
jackf1tz

They play them at least once every r8de cycle now and have done for as long as I can remember
Vladimir Bobinski

Nemesis was not available yesterday morning, to the extent at the path was blocked off to force customers down the lower path to Galactica.
nicky.borrill

Vladimir Bobinski wrote:Nemesis was not available yesterday morning, to the extent at the path was blocked off to force customers down the lower path to Galactica.
It went down on Monday evening, quite early, and the staff seemed to be aware that it would not return for the rest of that night, as they told us to use our fast tracks for it elsewhere. Wonder what has happened to Nemmie? 
ROYJESS

Apparently there was a loud bang half way around.  What it was that caused the bang, I don't know.  Some one describe it as if a mobile phone hit the carriage, but could they said they could be wrong.
nicky.borrill

oh dear, the mind wanders... loud bang, the area closed the next day so no public can see any work being carried out... I don’t think a loose item would close it off for too long, would it? I mean a phone is more dangerous to riders than the ride surely, a quick check of the impact area would reveal “Nemmie 1 V 0 Phone” surely. 

Does anybody know if it has reopened yet? 3 scarefest visits and I’ve still not managed a night ride on Nemmie yet this year :(
DeadJack5

nicky.borrill wrote:oh dear, the mind wanders... loud bang, the area closed the next day so no public can see any work being carried out... I don’t think a loose item would close it off for too long, would it? I mean a phone is more dangerous to riders than the ride surely, a quick check of the impact area would reveal “Nemmie 1 V 0 Phone” surely. 

Does anybody know if it has reopened yet? 3 scarefest visits and I’ve still not managed a night ride on Nemmie yet this year :(
I believe Nemesis was open yesterday going off queue time records :)
Dan says hi

I can confirm it was running yesterday from being on Park and it was running very well!
ROYJESS

Nemesis went down Monday around 5.30 where the bang was reported and was reopened again Tuesday lunch time.
Justin

Nemesis
Ride the twists and turns of Nemesis, as it races past the rocks and rivers of Forbidden Valley. Inverted on the track, it corkscrews, spins and races over the twisted steel track, making it one of the most heart-pounding, exciting and exhilarating rides you will ever experience!

With the closed season upon us, how would you review Nemesis at the Alton Towers Resort?
[/center]
nicky.borrill

Still the best B&M Invert in Europe...
Dan

Nemesis is still one of the strongest attractions at the resort and is ageing beautifully, especially when you consider she is 25 years old this year.

It’s not my top coaster at Towers, but there aren’t many experiences that can top a back row, outside right seat ride in the dark, it really is something else.
Wagstaff04

This is still my favourite coaster I’ve ever ridden. It’s sheer intensity is unmatched by any coaster in the UK, and the way it stays low to the ground proves for many footchoppers, which I don’t think modern inverts utilise. 
Swarm Chris

Doesn't disappoint. :)

Would be awesome to get an evening hotel ERT on it, as a hotel perk for the non-CBeebies Land focused guests.
Justin

It is a shame that they didn't utalise the 'Golden Triangle' scheme, making use of Nemesis and Galactica, especially during the summer months :/
AltonOperator

I've found Nemesis to be quite tame this season. Not sure why. Its also a shame that the back row is still restricted to disabled pass but I understand their thinking.
I tried front row for the first time in April. Unfortunately it didn't live up to the hype and got off thinking 'meh'
Thanks Jack
nicky.borrill

AltonOperator wrote:I've found Nemesis to be quite tame this season. Not sure why. Its also a shame that the back row is still restricted to disabled pass but I understand their thinking.
I tried front row for the first time in April. Unfortunately it didn't live up to the hype and got off thinking 'meh'
If you go on a very quiet day, the fast track gate is closed, and they send fast tracks to the exit, so you can get a back row ride... May cost a bluey, but it’s worth it for that back row ride. 
Michelle

I find Nemmy so forceful these days that it's unpleasant for me anywhere further back than the middle! Especially if it's later than about mid day.

I generally now will only ride if I am with people who will wait for the front, I really love seeing everything whip past and find that the most enjoyable ride, but because general consensus is that the back is best, I think I only rode once last season.

I do agree with you Justin about the golden triangle, and there's nothing comparable to standing in the valley hearing the roar!
Morgan

No other ride in the country comes close to Nemesis for me. The terrain interaction, the insane intensity... It's such a great ride and after all these years its still in my Top 5 Coasters.
However... I do agree that it can be a bit too intense! After about three back to back rides I need a good sit down and breather (especially during events and summer).
But that nitpick aside it's the best ride we've got here in my opinion, even if it isn't quite perfect.
RockandGrohl

Just want to find out if my co-workers are lying, has Nemesis ever failed to complete a circuit?

My co-worker claimed the ride was unable to complete the loop and valleyed down. It's unlikely he would misremember, so it seems like a blatant lie, I can't recall ever seeing riders stranded on an AT B&M outside of the lift hill, brake run or station.

If Nemesis does get beached, how do they pull it back to the station? I imagine there's winch points to get the train from one part of the track to another, right?
Last edited by Dan on Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed offensive language
GregH94

RockandGrohl wrote:Just want to find out if my co-workers are lying, has Nemesis ever failed to complete a circuit?

My co-worker claimed the ride was unable to complete the loop and valleyed down. It's unlikely he would misremember, so it seems like a blatant lie, I can't recall ever seeing riders stranded on an AT B&M outside of the lift hill, brake run or station.

If Nemesis does get beached, how do they pull it back to the station? I imagine there's winch points to get the train from one part of the track to another, right?
There is actually an evac platform at the bottom of the loop, but I’m not sure where the winch points would be, I’m guessing overlooking the turnaround.