Nemesis - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Jcoaster

Was on park tonight in the Rollercoaster Restaurant and saw Nemmy’s other train testing, still no wheel covers but it made it round several times, hopefully this is a good sign that it will be back soon.
Mikw

Let's hope so. If the other train develps a fault it'll be needed quickly
AltonOperator

TPW have confirmed that they are using the second train today without wheel covers
Thanks Jack
Dan

As mentioned by AltonOperator above, and as reported by TowersTimes Facebook; for the first time this season, Nemesis is back on a two train service.

We understand that the resort have invested in a complete train refurbishment, including replacement of most of the main structure of the second train.

Are you glad to see Nemesis back in full operation?

AltonOperator

Yes this is quite exciting. I could feel and hear from the queue last week that the GP noticed there was only one train and as mentioned in David Maister’s eight principles of queue design, it makes the queue feel even longer when they know it should be going faster with extra throughput

On a side note, does anyone know why row 2 of train 1 isn’t being used at all?
Thanks Jack
TheBeornen

One of the rows on the solo train wasn't being used on Easter Monday but that was probably because of weather.

It was row 6 or 7 I think?
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
Robert.W

How annoying. I was at Towers yesterday and Nemesis was only using one train. :lol Glad it's back on two though!

Jcoaster

AltonOperator wrote:Yes this is quite exciting. I could feel and hear from the queue last week that the GP noticed there was only one train and as mentioned in David Maister’s eight principles of queue design, it makes the queue feel even longer when they know it should be going faster with extra throughput

On a side note, does anyone know why row 2 of train 1 isn’t being used at all?
this row was also not being used on Tuesday either
AltonOperator

Nor last Thursday or Friday.
Thanks Jack
Joel Allen

Neither Saturday. As soon as the train arrived back in the station, they would close the restrains on row 2 again. As well as that, there was a bin blocking the row 2 air gates. 
Swarm Chris

All rows working again today, after row three was closed off at the station and neither train had that row used yesterday.
Dungeon-X-Smile

I thought this was so weird but today, I saw at a traveling fair a Nemesis simulator ride... It was pixelated but it showed Nemesis pre Air (I think - again pretty pixelated) but I thought it was hilarious and so strange that this exists. 
Swarm Chris

Amazing! I'm going to go ahead and guess that's not licensed in any way. Was there by any chance a Skip Ad button on the bottom right of the screen?
Justin

I think I've seen one before, many years ago. They are certainly not licenced! More recently, the simulators seem to be themed around Red Arrows. Once again, I don't think they are official! :lol
Mikw

Nemesis back to one train today. The old one with the wheel covers is nowhere to be seen, not even in the shed.
Robert.W

That's odd.. perhaps they're going to be refurbishing that one now before the summer starts?

Mikw

Robert.W wrote:That's odd.. perhaps they're going to be refurbishing that one now before the summer starts?
I was thinking that too, was surprised to see the shed empty when I peered inside.

Not a problem today being quiet on the park, but the queue peaked at fifty minutes at one time.
jackf1tz

On Tuesday the train with the wheel covers was on with the other packed up in the shed.
fitchy

I have to say that Nemesis on one train was nuts for how busy the park was yesterday. Certainly the busiest I've seen the park in the past 3 years. The parks overall readiness for even how busy Saturday was, was dreadful. Not enough food and drink places open, and long queues for drinks all day was stupid.
Robert.W

Apparently half of the second train is in pieces, so looks like it'll be one train for a while...