Nemesis - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Robert.W

Ah, yes. Saw that. :ok: Pleased to see the resort actively accepting requests to film on the rides. :)

Nickolai

How do you get accepted to film on rides? I have a GoPro and it would be nice to get some footage on the rides and attractions.
Formally Smiler313
DeadJack5

Smiler313 wrote:How do you get accepted to film on rides? I have a GoPro and it would be nice to get some footage on the rides and attractions.
I persume you contact the park before hand with permission and state what type of equipment you would be using to film so they can make sure it is safe to do so.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Smiler313 wrote:How do you get accepted to film on rides? I have a GoPro and it would be nice to get some footage on the rides and attractions.
The POV's were filmed on the recent TTSP event, outside of operating hours. Permission has to be obtained from the Press Office, and Health & Safety will need to approve the equipment used.
RobHand

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out already, apologies if so. The lights in the Nemesis station are a orangey-red now as appose to the bright white lights prior to this, they seem to have added a tinted filter sheet to the lights which also makes them less bright and intrusive. I think they look great now.
Breezeeh

Came to Alton Towers for the first time for afar yesterday and whilst the track on Nemesis was smooth, I found myself a bit disappointed overall due to the restraint system. I’m not tall, only around 5 foot 8, however my head kept bashing on the hard restraints when going round which made my first ride on Nemesis quite an underwhelming experience :(
jackf1tz

Nemesis has developed a slight rattle depending on where you sit on the train, but it's nothing too noticeable compared to once you've been on other rides in the park. With Nemesis it's always easier to ride once you've been on a couple of times because you learn when to move with the train as opposed to against it. If you thought Nemesis was rough I dread to think what you thought of The Smiler and Rita!
Breezeeh

jackf1tz wrote:Nemesis has developed a slight rattle depending on where you sit on the train, but it's nothing too noticeable compared to once you've been on other rides in the park. With Nemesis it's always easier to ride once you've been on a couple of times because you learn when to move with the train as opposed to against it. If you thought Nemesis was rough I dread to think what you thought of The Smiler and Rita!
We had one ride on the front row and one ride on the back row. To be honest I personally found The Smiler less rough than Nemesis overall although it did get quite bad towards the end of the track. And regarding Rita, it was raining so much the only pain I could feel was the bullets of water hitting my face! :D. I’m in the park today too, going to re ride everything and see if it’s any better :)
Wagstaff04

I’m very small, about 4 foot 11, but I thought Nemesis, last year at least, to be butter smooth, and I was riding in row 7!
nicky.borrill

5 rides on her today, front, back, middle, as beautiful as ever! What a ride...
Justin

RobHand wrote:I'm not sure if this has been pointed out already, apologies if so. The lights in the Nemesis station are a orangey-red now as appose to the bright white lights prior to this, they seem to have added a tinted filter sheet to the lights which also makes them less bright and intrusive. I think they look great now.
I do agree. The white was just too bright and artificial, while the red gives the station a whole new look with a sinister tone!
jackf1tz

It always had red lights before they changed them this season anyway didn't it?
Justin

Yes, it did :)
jackf1tz

It looks like they've put a strawberry quality street wrapper up there! :lol It didn't feel right when I visited and they weren't there, glad to know they're back to normal :)
Wagstaff04

Rode it again yesterday, and it’s still no. 1 easily. Enough said. 
Chris
Admin
Admin

The red lights do look fantastic.

I'm glad for such an iconic ride, the park really does look after it.
Wagstaff04

Forgot to mention this, but has no-one else noticed the most obnoxious new announcement ever. It features someone who sounds like a punk rock fanboy shouting things like “NEMESIS!!!! ENTER THE PIT OF VENGEANCE AT YOUR PERIL!!!!!”
Bert

Wagstaff04 wrote:Forgot to mention this, but has no-one else noticed the most obnoxious new announcement ever. It features someone who sounds like a punk rock fanboy shouting things like “NEMESIS!!!! ENTER THE PIT OF VENGEANCE AT YOUR PERIL!!!!!”
It's supposed to be like that, it's from the 90's. 90's pop culture is very popular at the minute. Why should they remove it?
[Insert Signature Here]
Wagstaff04

My dad has ridden it since opening year, and Sundaywas the 1st time he heard it, so I thought it was new. 
ROYJESS

Those announcements have been playing for a good decade or two now, I find them very annoying